Sign in to follow this  
Gumpnstein

Seananners Posts Video Playing With A Scripter

I have long been a fan of Seananners. He has been one of the finest Youtubers in any genre in the quality of his videos, commentaries, and how he handles himself within the business of Youtube. He has done wonderful things for many games, for example minecraft, in which he helped it explode onto the scene. He perhaps better than anyone has avoided large goof ups that cause problems for any gaming community that I can think of. 99% of his work is a contribution to the gaming community for that matter.

With that said, His latest video of playing with a hacker and flying a scripted helicopter could not come at a worse time for the Dayz community. Right when the community is speaking out as a whole on the issue, and Battleye is at least attempting to make strides against these hack/script kitties, as Dayz Devs are working with server hosts to stop this stuff, he uploads a video that encourages more people to attempt to do so. (Just read the comments on the video of how excited his subs are to see him fly a hacked heli).

As a community I believe everyone who has put their time into testing this game and wishes for it to succeed should should visit this video and let him know that you want to see it removed. And send a message to people who hack and script, that this community is tired of the shit and we don't condone anyone who initiates the cheating or those who encourage it or partake in it as it is destroying the ability to play this game and help move it forward. I seriously believe the way to overcome those who are buying hacks is to win the battle of the minds in which it is deemed unpopular to be one of these people. Make them feel like outcasts and play with the fear of being banned every time they log on. Battleye is posting messages now over servers in an effort to swing the momentum of these hackers and swing this game back into the hands of the regular players. His video does nothing but push against any of that momentum that has been made in the past week.

A Supporter of a Hack Free Dayz, Gumpnstein

• Like 1

Huh, he couldn't just play arma 2 to play with vehicles? I used to watch his first dayz vids, got generic a little later. Yeah wont affect everyone badly, but it "could" influence a few players the wrong way.

Edited by GrendelZ

Pretty damn sure this video won't influence anyone to script that doesn't script already.

I have played with hackers before, you know what they did? Killed me on sight. I've also had a hacker jump into my 4 man group and run around in circles. Killing hackers and taking their weapons also promotes hacking, how is this any different?

I have long been a fan of Seananners. He has been one of the finest Youtubers in any genre in the quality of his videos, commentaries, and how he handles himself within the business of Youtube. He has done wonderful things for many games, for example minecraft, in which he helped it explode onto the scene. He perhaps better than anyone has avoided large goof ups that cause problems for any gaming community that I can think of. 99% of his work is a contribution to the gaming community for that matter.

With that said, His latest video of playing with a hacker and flying a scripted helicopter could not come at a worse time for the Dayz community. Right when the community is speaking out as a whole on the issue, and Battleye is at least attempting to make strides against these hack/script kitties, as Dayz Devs are working with server hosts to stop this stuff, he uploads a video that encourages more people to attempt to do so. (Just read the comments on the video of how excited his subs are to see him fly a hacked heli).

As a community I believe everyone who has put their time into testing this game and wishes for it to succeed should should visit this video and let him know that you want to see it removed. And send a message to people who hack and script, that this community is tired of the shit and we don't condone anyone who initiates the cheating or those who encourage it or partake in it as it is destroying the ability to play this game and help move it forward. I seriously believe the way to overcome those who are buying hacks is to win the battle of the minds in which it is deemed unpopular to be one of these people. Make them feel like outcasts and play with the fear of being banned every time they log on. Battleye is posting messages now over servers in an effort to swing the momentum of these hackers and swing this game back into the hands of the regular players. His video does nothing but push against any of that momentum that has been made in the past week.

A Supporter of a Hack Free Dayz, Gumpnstein

Hey Gump. I've been a fan of Seananners for a long time as well until he started playing DayZ. He just doesn't seem to take it very seriously. And a game like this is meant to be played seriously, ya know, it's not just a FPS, going around killin for fun, etc. It's a lot to do with tactics, survival, pillaging, all that. Which is why I enjoy yours, DDG's, Sacriel's videos, etc. As I had already watched this video, in my opinion, he's not supporting these hackers/scripters, he was just havin some fun and maybe hasn't realized the seriousness of the hacking situation in this game. And ya know, at this point in time where the game is, hackers are inevitable, and 90% of them are pricks. So when you encounter someone like the guy in this video, a lot of people probably would have done the same thing, and just played along and had some fun. Definitely understand your point of view though, I'm well geared and play just as seriously as you guys do, and certainly dont want to lose my accomplishments to a hacker's nuke.

A youtuber made a video of him HAVING FUN in dayz?!

OH MY GOD TAKE DOWN THE VIDEO....NO......DELETE THE INTERNET!

And the correct term is "Wizard"

Edited by CptLeon

A youtuber made a video of him HAVING FUN in dayz?!

OH MY GOD TAKE DOWN THE VIDEO....NO......DELETE THE INTERNET!

And the correct term is "Wizard"

This is not a youtuber. It is Seananners and he has 1 million subs. He can make cause tidal waves through a gaming community with his amount of influence. There is responsibility with that and he usually does well handling that better than anyone. This is one 20 minute video. I'm sure he has deleted 20 hours of Dayz gameplay. It's very easy to skip one little video that spreads the wrong word to a community infested with scriptors already.

There was originally a huge thread about this where some streamers (towlie) were getting butthurt of people questioning the actions of SeaNanners. In the end he did the right thing and got rid of the hacked weapons so I say it's okay. But he does have influential purposes and should take that noted not lightly.

There was originally a huge thread about this where some streamers (towlie) were getting butthurt of people questioning the actions of SeaNanners. In the end he did the right thing and got rid of the hacked weapons so I say it's okay. But he does have influential purposes and should take that noted not lightly.

Yeah, it's more the making of the video and uploading it than it is the messing with the scripter for a few minutes...it's the emotion and reactions conveyed that these kids get to see instead of the 5 servers of hundreds of players left shaking their heads after the entire server is destroyed