D3nty

Banned for nothing?

So i recently got DayZ 3 days ago and i fell in love with the mod, So i was running up to the north east air field and BANG you have been global banned?

I have never used a "hack or script" and i am the only person who plays on this computer so WTH is going on?

Global Ban ####

Anyone have any ideas because this is frankly Bu****it

Edited by D3nty

Seriously doubt it's a false positive. They usually only kick you, not global ban. If you've been globally banned you've done something seriously wrong. You know deep down that you have or you wouldn't be in this position.

http://www.battleye.com/support.html

! IMPORTANT WARNING REGARDING GLOBAL BANS !

If you are globally banned, read the following rules before sending in a support request. If you don't follow these rules your request/e-mail will be ignored! Otherwise your individual case will be carefully investigated.

• No one is banned for using non-hack programs (like Fraps, overlays, etc.), picking up or using hacked in-game items, weapons or vehicles, being on a server at the same time as a cheater, or other passive non-cheating activity. Therefore all requests mentioning these things as possible reasons for the global ban are ignored.
  • A shared or stolen cd-key is no excuse. It's your own responsibility to ensure that no one else has access to it.
  • Include your exact (!) global ban ID. The ID is shown in your global ban message ("Global Ban #ID"). If you don't include it your request will be ignored.
  • Do not tell stories. Whatever you are saying about yourself or your situation won't matter. The only thing that matters is the evidence that is gathered for every global ban issued.
  • Do not ask for the evidence behind your ban. No details about it will be revealed. Hackers would love to have access to this information.
  • Do not beg for mercy. If you cheated you will have to live with the consequences. Global bans are permanent and no exceptions will be made.
  • Questions regarding how exactly to get unbanned will be ignored. No support will be given on how to buy a new game or change your cd-key.

Again, if you don't follow these rules your request will be ignored!

Note that you will not receive a response if the evidence clearly indicates that you or someone else using your cd-key cheated. It doesn't matter if you only cheated on your own private server. Cheating on BE-enabled servers is forbidden, period.

line.gif

If you have problems or questions regarding BattlEye, please first check the FAQ below. If that doesn't help or you want to support BattlEye by sending in cheat/hack programs, website links or other useful information, just send an e-mail to:

support[at]battleye.com

Please supply as much details as possible (e.g. when having problems, give information about your computer). That way your e-mail can be answered and your issue be resolved much faster.

Note that we don't do support on game-related things, such as problems with running the game, feature/bugfix requests or even patch release dates. Please refer to the customer support of that specific game regarding these things.

I have not done anything wrong i have only had the game for 3 days and now this? I don't even know how to "hack" sigh......

I have a really good experience with the BattleEye. It is strict and just. It helps making gameplay a lot better and permabans hackers and cheaters on sight.

If it globally banned you, you probably are trying to ignore what you really know you did.

If you have the game new, original, and the only player on your computer, no shared keys, and just 3 days, yes I believe you are screwed because you installed hacks and are trying to act stupid.

This story is coming up loads the last few days... finally getting whats coming to them lol..

So, if you get banned, we can say the same?

So, if you get banned, we can say the same?

i won't get banned cause i don't hack... so feel free you'll be waiting an eternity though.

Well, I got banned for picking up a hacked M40A5, even though it specifically says you can't get banned for that.

BatlleEye is just a software, as perfect as the people who programmed it.

My teacher used to say, computers makes no mistakes, its the people who does.

So until you show me the perfect people, I will believe it can make false positives, mistakes, where as every man's creation can.

But as they say, they wont keep you banned without solid proof, and I understand why they wont share the proof, its up to you to trust them.

As for legit bans, keep them banned, maybe they learn something.

The BattleEye software does not globally ban for picking up hacked/cheated items.

So if the software hasn't changed, then it does not ban you for picking up a hacked item.

And if BattleEye DOES ban for picking up someone else's hack, then they need to fix the code.

There is no way for us to do anything about these global bans.

You have to appeal to Battleye directly and make your case to them.

Posting here only gets you redirected to talk to them, as they issued the global ban.

There appears to be a mass accidental ban in progress related to the recent update. Sounds like you might have been caught in it, especially if you installed today. http://www.reddit.co...4r/global_bans/

I read that topic now. It seems that the software bans people for no reason on or near the NW airfield.

If this is a glitch, then they should be able to get this fixed pretty soon. Unlawful bans are really bad for the game's reputation.

My buddy was banned after a hack-attack that left him permanently spawned, hanging in the air. I know he wasn't hacking so the system isn't perfect and still has some bugs.

Edited by FishGuts4Lunch

I have my account unbanned along with a group of other people.... :)

Finally hackers are being delt with.

IF, and that's a big IF, these threads popping up are correct then no, hackers aren't being dealt with, innocent people are while hackers continue to run rampant.

Still, it could be just that BE has banned in waves and everyone's trying to claim innocent. That said, software DOES go wrong, just take a look at the game. There could quite easily be an issue but we just don't know. It's ignorant to state otherwise.