Sign in to follow this  
vbsarge

Day Z - The Novel (In Progress)

I'm sure there's some back story behind everything somewhere, but I didn't look into anything. This is all made up, fiction, based on my ideas of the origins surrounding DayZ.

After playing Day Z for a few weeks with my friends, I found my mind full of story tidbits from our adventures (and misadventures). I also found myself full of questions, such as "how did we get here on the beach?" and "where did the zombies come from, and why do they act like they do?"

Having been on a writing hiatus for several years, I had been looking for a reason to start writing again. In an effort to share the events that we as survivors in Day Z experience, as well as answer my questions, I began to write this story.

This is still a rough draft, and a work in progress. I am currently on Day 2, and will continue until it ends. Your feedback is greatly appreciated, but be gentle. :)

Enjoy.

https://docs.google....9N4LsN5apghICjE

-Sarge

aka "Stu"

*EDIT*

From a lot of requests, once day 7 of survival is done, I will be releasing this in an ebook format. My plan is to then make this a continuing thing, releasing mini books out 1 week of survival at a time. Eventually I'll run out of ideas, and will combine everything into a proper volume and then we will call it finished. Thank you again for your support.

Edited by vbsarge
  • Like 7

Have only read up to the beginning of Ryon so far but man this is a great story I will finish the rest tomorrow...but so far its great good job!

Really well written and beyond entertaining. I can't wait for more!

This morning i began thinking about how I'm going to end this. I don't think it will be for a little while, however I can't figure out what I'd like to do.

What does the public think? Hostile ending, or safe ending?

This morning i began thinking about how I'm going to end this. I don't think it will be for a little while, however I can't figure out what I'd like to do.

What does the public think? Hostile ending, or safe ending?

In true Hollywood style, it must be open ended to allow a trilogy so you can milk the audienec for every last cent.

Kiddeing aside. Well written.

But it should go:

Day-0 Ryon

Ryon dragged himself off the beach. Seeing a building thirty feet ahead he got to his feet,...and was immediately shot in the head by a fully geared sniper of Cherno.

The End

:)

Edited by Mega_Death

I have a long weekend this weekend, so expect several more chapters over the next few days.

Didn't read the whole thing yet but so far I love it! Great job!

Have you ever read GeorgeRRMartin? If you're looking for ideas on other writing styles you should really check the A Song Of Ice And Fire series out.

George R.R. Martin is actually a pretty big influence of mine. I started reading his books years ago. Just hope I don't have to wait 5 years to get the next book >.<

• Like 1

I don't want to give anything away, but just know that this weekend there will be a lot more action in the story.

Since the story has been going for a little bit, I'm curious who your favorite character is. Let me know!

also, if you're keeping up to date, the fireworks aren't done yet (someone outside my house just lit off fireworks at 330am...) and the story is just getting started.

added a table of contents and page numbers to make it easier to follow

Edited by vbsarge

Updated the OP, with info regarding release on ebook, and how that will progress.

Thank you all very much for the support so far. I know I've been kind of lax in the writing (work has been crazy) but I promise I'll be sitting down to finish up day 4, 5, 6, and 7 here very soon (I've set Monday as my deadline for day 7).

You are definitely not a hack. Keep it up.

I personally took the adaptation direction and based my fiction, which when in a readable state I'd love to share with you, in the US. Simply stated I can't be arsed to shoe horn russian culture into my efforts. I'd severely screw it up and annoy those who know better.

This is Fifty Shades of Gray quality. You should stick to writing in your first language.

Excellent mate i loved it. Although i will suggest that you keep this to yourself and only release it when its done. So no one steals it and releases it themselves ? I may be wrong, im no writer :)

Still, excellent......

This is Fifty Shades of Gray quality. You should stick to writing in your first language.

Okay. Yeah there are problems and yeah I only skimmed it, but I think you need to give him more credit than the trash that is Fifty Shades.

Have you even picked up the book? Its paper is the paper you find in scrap pads meant for two year olds recycled five times over. No I'm not joking the paper is the lowest quality paper in the world... and its STILL worth more than the letters that form words that barely form sentences that definitely do not form literature.

Seriously this is fan fiction but its decent enough.

On that topic would the author mind if I comb through it and edit/give some of my own advice?

Edited by ytman

You sir, should try writing something yourself. Il bet my house that it isnt anywhere near as good as this. Always a critic.