TheCoolestCat

Auto eat/drink while offline

The point of gaining hunger/thirst while offline is for continuity, so your character is still doing stuff while you're offline, but wouldn't they eat? I think your character should auto eat/drink when you are offline. Easiest way to do this is to just respawn without the hunger going up, but you have lost one item of food. Obviously this would only work if you were offline long enough for it to matter.

If you have the food and water in your inventory what's wrong with just using it when you rejoin a server, as it is now? Your food/water levels will never get low enough to kill you while you are offline.

Please don't bump threads.

Since you can now choose what to eat, please no.

What if you come back and your last steak is gone but still have 2 cans of beans?

Prefer to choose it myself.

I was offline for a week and then I spawned and it killed me instantly..

That's how it was at the start (correct me if i'm wrong, ancient DayZ survivors.) It was quickly removed, because the player using all its supplies and possibly dying, while out working in the real world, or at school, having a family or social life, ect, was a quick way to piss off a world of fans.

I'd rather see food/drink consumption while offline scratched completely.

The idea is to go to having food snapshot like the rest of the medical system. But, as highlighted, it is sort of halfway between the old system and out desired system. When I get the chance I will have this rewritten.

If you have the food and water in your inventory what's wrong with just using it when you rejoin a server' date=' as it is now? Your food/water levels will never get low enough to kill you while you are offline.

[/quote']

Sorry about the bump.

On-topic: I haven't actually played the game yet (I'm getting a new computer so I can though) so I wouldn't know myself, but I see a lot of complaints about dying within seconds of logging on because of their character not eating while offline. So if it is a problem of losing food, then how about some sort of grace period, like someone else suggested, of like ten seconds to eat before you start taking damage?

People dying on login I dont BELIEVE is caused by the food / drink issue.

What is probably happening is they are being killed in the debug forest, which we have all heard about... and when they login again the server updates with 'You're dead, die now'

From my reading it appears you have approx. 10-15 minutes to eat/drink once the icon starts flashing, as a rule of thumb now I just make sure I have 1 drink and 1 can of something in my inventory on logout.

If you have the food and water in your inventory what's wrong with just using it when you rejoin a server' date=' as it is now? Your food/water levels will never get low enough to kill you while you are offline.

[/quote']

Sorry about the bump.

On-topic: I haven't actually played the game yet (I'm getting a new computer so I can though) so I wouldn't know myself, but I see a lot of complaints about dying within seconds of logging on because of their character not eating while offline. So if it is a problem of losing food, then how about some sort of grace period, like someone else suggested, of like ten seconds to eat before you start taking damage?

If they die from starvation/dehydration after entering a server, it is because they fail to keep an extra can of food and source of water before they log off. There is more than enough time to do 35 push ups, eat, drink, and high five a Zed before you even begin the process of dying.

Players have adapted to carrying an extra can of food. Those who log off in the wild without extras, die a few minuets after coming back in game.