flacracker

Bandit change - aborted - spawned in water

Date/Time: May 1, around 4pm EST

What happened: My humanity went down because I killed someone. Then I got a black screen that said waiting for character data. I didn't know what was happening so I went back to the character select menu to join back in. Then I was spawned out in the ocean with none of my items or anything. My friend said my character was still at the spot where I aborted. I had to make a new character.

Where you were: Chernogorsk

What you were doing: Standing there. Aborted to character select

*Current installed version: 1.5.3

*Server(s) you were on: NY2

Second this one,

Date/Time: May 3 4pm GMT

What happened: Was playing on monday, after what i presume was my humanity going up enough for me to change skin back in to a normal survivor, the screen went black and said waiting for character data, it sat like this for about 10 mins before i got bored and disconnected. Logged back in today on the same server (FR2) and i spawned out in the sea somewhere with none of my kit

Where you were: originally up near the NE airfield

What you were doing: running north, disconnected after game started to hang whilst getting character data

*Current installed version: 1.5.2/1.5.3

*Server(s) you were on: FR2

Dito.......

Date/Time: May 1st 7/8pm GMT

What happened: Was playing with a group of guys when we got attacked, after a quick battle I killed the attackers, a few seconds after I killed the second my humanity dropped and my screen went black. After sometime waiting in the black screen i dropped to lobby and came back in to encounter the same black screen for and few more mins I left and relogged this time spawning in the water with all my things just in the middle of nowhere.

Where you were: Up by the food store near the NE-airstrip

What you were doing: fighting bandits/players

*Server(s) you were on: EU2

same for me :( ....

managed to get back and kill my old self for some of my gear but this is poo

Date/Time: May 1st 7/8pm GMT

Happened here too and I would appreciate a simple rollback so I can continue where I left off :/

What happened: I was running thru the woods north of the NE airfield when my humanity went back up over 2000, the change from bandit to survivor caused me to hang at the black screen, reconnected and I was in the ocean, reconnected to another server and I had died and spawned on the beach with starting gear after having been alive for the last 3 days on this character -_-

Where you were: north of the NE airstrip

What you were doing: running thru the woods

*Server(s) you were on: Seattle

same for me, seems a common issue in 1.5.4

it encourages player killing to remain a bandit now im a bandit im nearly normal again, i only kill players if i have to, defs not a ganker and now i may have to gank to keep my stuff? that sucks!

Same issue for me.. Screen went black and I spawned in the ocean with 3 other dudes (I had changed from bandit to survivor skin).

_WORKAROUND_

If you encounter this (which everyone transitioning between survivor and bandit will) you can prevent getting stuck in the sea of purgatory by waiting for the debug monitor to update fully and show that it has saved, when your screen goes black the debug monitor shows 0 kills of all kinds and 0 humanity , wait for these figures to update and for Unsaved to = false , you can then dissconnect (FULLY) from the server and rejoin , you will be in the same place you were before you changed HOWEVER all the items in your backpack will be gone. There is no way to work around the backpack bug.

Some people have waited it out and eventualy your screen comes back and you can continue with no need to disconnect but your items in your bag will always vanish on transition ..

I found out when i lost 10 bloodbags and 10 painkillers :(

I hope this helps

What happened: Spawned in the sea

Where you were: Staroye

What you were doing: Engaging in pvp

*Current installed version: 1.5.4

*Server(s) you were on: EU1

*Timeline of events before/after error:

Shot some dude with my winchester, got black screen and receiving character data as i was being changed into a bandit. Had to disconnect as i was being eaten by zombies attracted by the gunfire. After logging back on i spawned into the sea without any gear.

Same for me.

Date/Time: 5/5/2012 3:40 P.M. (GMT -6)

What happened: I was in Novy Sobor when a guy ran into the room I was looting, so I instinctively turned and shot him in the head. Then zombies started rushing us, and my screen blacked out saying "Receiving Character Data" so I clicked abort and came back in, I was in the middle of the ocean and I lost ALL my shit (which was a lot).

Where you were: Novy Sobor

What you were doing: Killing someone.

*Current installed version: 1.5.4

*Server(s) you were on: NY2

I can confirm this, however I kept repeatedly dying when I would spawn, and LOST HUMANITY FROM DYING! So I had -600 before it worked.

Sadly, the same has just happened to me - teleported to the sea after killing a survivor. It put me straight into the ocean, didn't send me back to the character data etc screen.

Was on Chicago 1 server, currently swimming about letting fish nibble my nether regions :(

Same here, same details. Killed someone in Cherno, logged shortly thereafter. Next time I logged in, I was swimming with what appears to be about 8 NPC survivors and all my gear was gone. Actually took the time to swim back to land and try to respawn (had no gear other than my starter pistol and a few magazines, not even road flares). respawned right back in the ocean with my NPC buddies.

Sucks.

In game name is SweetFeet,

Same thing happened, I seem to still have kept my M4 and Night Vision Goggles, not going to attempt to swim back and potentially lose everything. PLEASE FIX THIS BUG. I have pretty much every single tool in the mod, and I do not plan on losing them :[