Erikz

Should I just shoot everyone?

Hello, I have been playing a few days now and so far everyone I have encountered has shot me, either straight up or in the back.

Just recently, a guy and his friend said they were friendly, they wanted some help looting some deer towers near the airfield after I helped them out during a zombie attack at a hanger. They had graphical glitches and I had to wait for them to relog. They took too long to enter the medical area, I got edgy and told them I was leaving. I ran off zig zagging, and the one time I stop zig zaggin from across the field they snipe me with a head shot.

I could repeat this type of story for the other 5 times I have met people, should I just quit being nice and shoot everyone on site?

Well you could do that, as lots of others seem to do. Personally I only shoot if they endanger my safety or start exhibiting hostile behavior towards me. I do help out people I see being chased by zombies etc, but I expect nothing in return.

Basically the best way to play Day Z in my opinion if you want to survive is to be a ghost.

• Like 8

I have had a good run recently. I haven't been killed by anyone i have come across in a few weeks.

I think they should make servers where friendly fire shouldn't be allowed, just so people who want to kill, kill. and the people who want to party up don't have to worry about players

As Day Z is a realistic zombiie mod this may go against it, but in real life not everyone is going to kill you, so....

You should react with the old fight-or-flight instinct. If you see / hear other people, either..

A. Sneak around and kill them or

B. Stay away from them and do what you can to avoid being detected.

If you see someone without a weapon, you don't have to worry much about them, but if they get close, they can take items out of your bag. Also, if you attack someone, expect other people to hear the shot(s) and come looking for you.

• Like 1

One time I gave people some ammo so we could hit the hospital. They aggroed zombies and then during the fight, they shot me in the head to take my Alice Pack..

I think a rule is, if you have shit someone wants, they will kill you.

Honestly, yes... its sad to say it but 90% of the time they will be hostile either right away, or wait till you go to eat a can of beans or go into your binoculars!

The thing I dont understand is killing unarmed players... I mean... wtf? It takes 15 min to log in on populated servers and some jerk is just going to kill you for the hell of it? Thats the most annoying thing in the world to me.

• Like 2

I think they should make servers where friendly fire shouldn't be allowed, just so people who want to kill, kill. and the people who want to party up don't have to worry about players

As Day Z is a realistic zombiie mod this may go against it, but in real life not everyone is going to kill you, so....

This isn't a "real life" simulator. It's a zombie apocalypse simulator. If it was the zombie apocalypse and I would die if I didn't take your supplies by killing you, and I had a chance? 10/10 would do it. Non PVP servers would be so boring, noone would play them. It'd be too easy to just group up and go zombie killing, and hey, if you see another player who cares!

In short, while I respect your opinion that they might work, I have to say that what you would get would be a much less interesting game. So sorry, but no.

• Like 2

the best is when you see someone running for a building after they take a shot at you, and you throw a grenade in the building :D Made some dude RAGE hard. I had a good chuckle.

Most of the time, yes. Shoot everyone. Rarely will you get a friendly...

Some groups can be friendly if you're solo since you really aren't a threat, but once again. Rare.

Never going to happen, Rocket has stated on numerous occasions how PVP is an integral part of Day Z.

You know that problem people face with other people killing them on sight? There's a very simple solution that dosen't turn you into everyone else whose trigger happy.

Simply team up with a friend. Can be an online friend or a real life friend. The more people you have in your party, the less willing loners will want to kill you on sight. Sure you can get sniped from a distance, but if that happens than you are obviously going somewhere you shouldn't as you ain't prepared.

Now, I am not saying you should kill everyone else you see with your friends, but I am saying you should try and convice other survivours you join your party. Simply walk to them and ask gently "Do you want to join us?". If the guy says yes, than let him and maybe add him to your Steam, giving him trust... which if he breaks, he will feel gulit unless he is really evil. If the guy rejects, than simply walk away, of course keeping your eye that he dosen't follow. Guy tries to shoot you than he was obviously being a moron as your friends will have handled him before he can even loot.

You could also kill him for his loot... but that's even worse than a loner killing you for it.

One time I gave people some ammo so we could hit the hospital. They aggroed zombies and then during the fight, they shot me in the head to take my Alice Pack..

I think a rule is, if you have shit someone wants, they will kill you.

wait were you in cherno and incapacitated in a apartment after helping someone?

Play the way you want to play, I dont mind if I get killed for not killing on sight.

If you want to be a twat who runs around killing defenceless new spawns, do it.

I prefer to try my best not to kill, and look a way out without having to kill the other one.

Makes game more challenging for me, else it would be just another deathmatch game, that I already have a broad collection.

Only times I've been killed by a player, has been when I have been unarmed, or with hatchet, so cant really say that those killed me because they had to.

Also disconnecters are one issue, why people kill without warning for your loot, even when your unarmed.

You cant yell someone, "drop your beans, or I'll kill you!".

99% will dc, but I will never dc, even if its the end of me,, again, for the challenge.

• Like 2

wait were you in cherno and incapacitated in a apartment after helping someone?

No, I was shot in the head after that.

No, I was shot in the head after that.

ah ok i had something like that happen

There would never be any servers like this, ever. People would use the servers to farm all the best loot, without much fear, considering zombies are not much of a threat. Then take all their good stuff to a PvP server where it would actually be useful. There just isn't a challenge in this game if players can't kill each other.

Edited by discombobulated