unhap

Global Bans for legit players?

Posted this on a different Reddit post, but this still applies.

Okey, so I got to the same conclusion as you did - most of the bans are happening to people running 95660 or newer patches.

Then I went to the BI forums and found out that have been some changes made since that patch and one of them is how items/vehicles/etc. are spawned in MP.

They removed the setVehicleInit and also processInitCommands (not 100% sure about this) from the game, as I understand it, it means that no script execution can be done from the client regarding those two.

For more information on this, read this thread here:http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?138466-ARMA-2-OA-beta-build-95777-(1-62-MP-build)

This could mean there are false positives because of the changes.. Thought I'd share this and someone with a better understanding could comment on this.

• Like 1

You get thousands from 2 friends and a reddit thread? Give it a week and we'll see

There are new threads both here and on reddit popping up every few minutes regarding this issue.

Just grabbed the new arma beta.

I now get kicked from every server.

Not a cheater.

Exactly, it seems like new bans against legit players are happening the minute we speak

Staying with 95389 or 95417 atm. If it is banning a lot of genuine players then BE are going to have a problem discerning hackers banned v legits since the latest beta.

Posted this on a different Reddit post, but this still applies.

Okey, so I got to the same conclusion as you did - most of the bans are happening to people running 95660 or newer patches.

Then I went to the BI forums and found out that have been some changes made since that patch and one of them is how items/vehicles/etc. are spawned in MP.

They removed the setVehicleInit and also processInitCommands (not 100% sure about this) from the game, as I understand it, it means that no script execution can be done from the client regarding those two.

For more information on this, read this thread here:http://forums.bistud...(1-62-MP-build)

This could mean there are false positives because of the changes.. Thought I'd share this and someone with a better understanding could comment on this.

I've been playing all night using 95660 and haven't had any issues...

• Like 1

I got a global ban too, never even used exploits let alone hacks :S. It does seem somewhat of a coincidence that it happened after I upgrade to 95777 though.

• Like 1

If you got banned it's because you hacked. Plain and simple. Strange how hackers think their so smart but when they get banned you can see they're dumb as sh##...

• Like 2

If you got banned it's because you hacked. Plain and simple. Strange how hackers think their so smart but when they get banned you can see they're dumb as sh##...

dude pls jump from the next brigde

not everyone who got banned is a hacker idiot

Battleeye a stupid AntiCheatProgram there are better one

• Like 1

What sort of message do you get?

I simply see "you were kicked off the game" every time.

Then you are not banned....check you versions.

• Like 1

GlobalBan#a609

because i updated the game and run to my tent -.-

Have you made any performance/FOV tweaks in your config files? I'm still curious as to whether it's banning for this, I'm slightly afraid of logging in until we hear something official. :P

If you got banned it's because you hacked. Plain and simple. Strange how hackers think they're* so smart but when they get banned you can see they're as* dumb as sh##...

I fixed your incorrect grammar. Please don't come to these threads and make ignorant posts, we're just people who have been unjustifiably banned and are looking for answers.

Referring to your statement "If you got banned it's because you hacked"; You obviously have no knowledge of GUID spoofing and various other causes for innocent bans, however, the peculiarly large amount of global bans on innocents goes unexplained and like I said, we're just looking for answers, don't bring your bullshit here.

• Like 3

Oh really? It's plain and simple?

Wrong. I can really tell when someone is dumb as sh## when they can't grasp the concept of when to use "THEY'RE" instead of "THEIR".

Normally I dislike stooping to point out SH## like that, but hey, that post was obnoxious.

I Edit a file too trying to fix the graphicbugs

I set something from 300000 to 100000 and after that i havent any graphicbugs and now a ban very awesome

25 euro for nothing i love this world^^

Sorry for bad english i´m german xD

Yeah, I'm 99% sure that's not why you're banned. I did the same thing in an effort to get rid of artifacts, and I have not been banned.

dude pls jump from the next brigde

not everyone who got banned is a hacker idiot

Battleeye a stupid AntiCheatProgram there are better one

Dude, seriously. They're trying the best they can, lol.

Edited by calthehunter

i can say with all certainty i have never hacked, scripted or cheated in anyway. i was banned a few minutes ago and i wasn't even in game. loading in i was kicked and banned. #a021. sucks cause i'm kinda addicted to this game.

• Like 1

EVERYONE CALM DAFUQ DOWN! you're all hackers except me.

Edited by FaceAche
  • Like 7