Sign in to follow this  
drewdrew99

What does Mountain Dew do?

I'm seperated from my group permanently because I decided to drink the.... DEW!

Don't suffer the same fate as I, drop it and forget it.

Edited by Venzire

I didn't believe this story. And I've had this Mountain Dew for five or six days (so what, you might say, you're going to die eventually...it's totally a coincidence that keeping a single can of soda in a game where people die repeatedly would mean you had the soda in your inventory when you died).

But listen to this.

So, here I am, sitting in Elektro. Friendlies keep shooting at me and aggroing zombies because they're stupid and haven't figured out the system yet, so I'm waiting until one of them gets a chunk bitten out so they can be appreciative of my good nature.

Anyhow, suddenly I hear a helicopter. I go to the bottom floor of the factory I've staked out and watch it spin out of control and finally collide with the roof of a building. Metal and fire flying everywhere. At this point I think, "Some bandit's going to snipe the folks making a run for it," so I decide to do overwatch. I whip out my binoculars and take a look at the commotion.

Now, pieces of helicopter continue to fall out of the sky, fireballs everywhere, metal the size of small motorcycles bouncing all over the place. I'm fairly entertained by this, and then I see him -- Rambo.

I hear him first, opening fire with an AK-74 on anything moving, swarmed by zombies one after another after another. I ease up to the window and put my binoculars on and he disappears back into the flames.

The next thing that happens...

So, I take a step to the left and out of nowhere I suddenly have an unconscious tag (it's about 15 seconds). I fall right through the wall breaking my legs on the way through and tumble to my death.

That is, sort of. A screen pops up saying "You are dead" except I check my blood counter and it says 5,863 blood.

So...I died by bumping my head against a window, phasing through the wall like Kitty Pryde, breaking my legs, and taking 5,000 damage.

I don't care what anyone says, I'm blaming that Mountain Dew.

• Like 2

You don't choose the soda.

The soda chooses you.

Coke, Pepsi, they're harmless.

But drink the Dew...

Might as well turn the entire map into Green Mountain.

Allways keep a Mountain Dew in your backpack, it increases the hidden 'luck-stats' of your character. It's a not very well known fact, not many people know about these hidden stats.

There is a thread somewhere with Rocket explaining about the different stats in the game, you know like humanity and temperature etc. I'll see if I can find it.

In short: It increases the chance that the system spawns exactly the loot you need, you know; like when you come in to proximity of a spawn point.

It has proven very helpfull to me, I've kept a Mountain Dew in my backpack since the beginning. And I often find exactly the loot I want.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Dew unto others...

My clanmate and I found a Mountain Dew tonight in the church on our own server. He put it in his pack, and we looted Elektro for an hour. Then we switched servers. We logged in, went to run Elektro, ran past the Church on this new server, and both broke our legs and died.

Don't do the Dew.

It's not worth it.

It's never worth it...

dew= curse... got to take it to the other cursed place...

it's true it's a curse but instant luck. I found one. Found some awesome weapons afterwards. Got killed by a hacker on the NWA. I found one yesterday again. Let's hope for the best.

Yepp The Mountain dew is a curse honestly, I don't know how or why but you will get killed by someone else ASAP after you drink it.