Another 95777 ban here.

BattlEye definitely needs to get their act together. I'm in the same boat as you, WeOwnYourCat, as well as many other DayZ players. I'm sure this is some sort of mistake that will be reversed.

if there is an issuew ith global bans battleeye is the only one who can do anything about it.

you're crying on a forum that has NO CONTROL AND CAN NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT YOUR BAN

Read the fucking stickies you morons

Actually, by posting under one thread where people are having the same issues it at least lets people know they are not alone. So their crying can be informative to others as well. It will also allow people to know battleeye's stance regarding this issue if the original poster responds with the results of his request to battleeye. Maybe this should be in general discussion, but either way he is not asking dayz mods or admins to unban him,

simply contact the battleye support email with an email following their EXACT guidelines. Don't spin a yarn, don't talk about how you were on vacation or anything like that. Simply include your global ban id, and tell them what you were doing at the time (not a step by step, include whether you were playing for an extended period of time then were banned mid-play, or banned on login).

This is a direct quote from the Battleye support page on their website.

! IMPORTANT WARNING REGARDING GLOBAL BANS !

If you are globally banned, read the following rules before sending in a support request. If you don't follow these rules your request/e-mail will be ignored! Otherwise your individual case will be carefully investigated.

• No one is banned for using non-hack programs (like Fraps, overlays, etc.), picking up or using hacked in-game items, weapons or vehicles, being on a server at the same time as a cheater, or other passive non-cheating activity. Therefore all requests mentioning these things as possible reasons for the global ban are ignored.
  • A shared or stolen cd-key is no excuse. It's your own responsibility to ensure that no one else has access to it.
  • Include your exact (!) global ban ID. The ID is shown in your global ban message ("Global Ban #ID"). If you don't include it your request will be ignored.
  • Do not tell stories. Whatever you are saying about yourself or your situation won't matter. The only thing that matters is the evidence that is gathered for every global ban issued.
  • Do not ask for the evidence behind your ban. No details about it will be revealed. Hackers would love to have access to this information.
  • Do not beg for mercy. If you cheated you will have to live with the consequences. Global bans are permanent and no exceptions will be made.
  • Questions regarding how exactly to get unbanned will be ignored. No support will be given on how to buy a new game or change your cd-key.

Again, if you don't follow these rules your request will be ignored!

Note that you will not receive a response if the evidence clearly indicates that you or someone else using your cd-key cheated. It doesn't matter if you only cheated on your own private server. Cheating on BE-enabled servers is forbidden, period.

I swear, some people tend to piss me of... its like every thread i read there is one ass wipe that has to act like a police and hate on the OP. to be honest with you, there are several people getting banned for no reason due to battleye... i do believe the OP and if you don't there's no need to insult or act like a fagidy fag. some people do not use this forum all the time so people with 200+ post have no right to act like you developed this game your self...

quit being such a dick and just be nice :)

I swear, some people tend to piss me of... its like every thread i read there is one ass wipe that has to act like a police and hate on the OP. to be honest with you, there are several people getting banned for no reason due to battleye... i do believe the OP and if you don't there's no need to insult or act like a fagidy fag. some people do not use this forum all the time so people with 200+ post have no right to act like you developed this game your self...

quit being such a dick and just be nice :)

That's because, my obtuse little friend, THIS IS NOT BATTLEYE.

If the bans get lifted, reversed, confirmed, placed in a bonfire and have marshmallows cooked on them, it will be done by BATTLEYE NOT US.

Good grief.

This is a great day for those that play legit. And hell, if I got home and got a ban (I dont hack) I honestly wouldn't give a fuck. I would look at it as a small price to pay to control the real faggots that hack.

Are you fucking kidding me? I hate hackers as much as the next guy, maybe even more seeing as they make running my server a nightmare, but if I was wrongfully banned from a game I paid $50 for I'd be flipping lids.

Money doesn't grow on trees for all of us.

• Like 3

if there is an issuew ith global bans battleeye is the only one who can do anything about it.

you're crying on a forum that has NO CONTROL AND CAN NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT YOUR BAN

Read the fucking stickies you morons

*sigh*

Another troll.

Well, if you read the thread, I did read the stickies, but you didn't.

Also, why can't I talk to the community who might have the same problem as me and converse without being judged or trashed? You sir, make no sense what so ever.

Btw, I did send a email in. FYI

Edited by WeOwnYourCat

*sigh*

Another troll.

Well, if you read the thread, I did read the stickies, but you didn't.

Also, why can't I talk to the community who might have the same problem as me and converse without being judged or trashed? You sir, make no sense what so ever.

Btw, I did send a email in. FYI

Then wait for a response. If our replies are a little curt (!) it's because you are the nth person to come to these forums. A place where we can do nothing about BE bans.

Then wait for a response. If our replies are a little curt (!) it's because you are the nth person to come to these forums. A place where we can do nothing about BE bans.

It's not that the replies are little curt, It's just he posted without reading the thread. It's like not knowing the instructions because you didn't listen, he would obviously know I read the stickies because I said so in the thread. But, of course, he didn't because everyone one the ban appeals would post global bans are always hackers right? (Sarcasm).

I only want to discuss this to people who are having the same problem as I am, and to people who are giving helpful information. If BE had a forum, I would post there, of seeing it doesn't I rather post here to find people who are in the same position as I am.

That's because, my obtuse little friend, THIS IS NOT BATTLEYE.

If the bans get lifted, reversed, confirmed, placed in a bonfire and have marshmallows cooked on them, it will be done by BATTLEYE NOT US.

Good grief.

So? The guy clearly needed assistant from this forum... i do not see anything wrong with that. Infact if other people have the same problem then they will straight away come to DAYZ forum as that is the easiest option and most ideal place to post for new users. If i got banned unlawfully then i will go to DAYZ forum and find out if anyone else has the same problem... and the guy even said this is the only place he can find help so i don't see why you have to go all bitchy on him. it makes sense... you get banned in a game that you play... you will end up going to the game forum. simple as

if I had 900 post i would be more respectable to new users...

Edited by ninja!

Those of you saying that posting about these global bans on this forum is pointless...think about this.

If there are enough global ban reports all at once on this forum...don't you think the DayZ staff might look at that and think..."hmmm...there might be a problem." At which point they contact BIS who contacts Battleye.

This rash of bannings is a Battleye issue. Battleye is probably aware of it but letting the game devs know about it is not a bad thing. They DO have a way of contacting Battleye if necessary.

I honestly do hope BIS decide not to use this piece of shit BattlEye in the standalone, or even ArmA 3, for that matter.

Yep, I received a global ban today. Never hacked or even touched any scripts in any game ever. Fuck BattlEye, the bunch of cunts.

I had exactly the same thing today. I havent been playing Dayz very long. TOday I joined an empty server, was kicked instantly tried rejoining a couple of times was getting the "global ban" message.

Even if there is something wrong with the server why is it the Naive first time player who has to suffer and is forced to buy another cd key!? fuck that shit

I've been banned for no reason as well... sent an email to battleye although not too hopeful. I've submitted a tip to Gameinformer hoping some publicity to the large number of innoncent people being banned will help it get fixed. I'm under the assumption someone was spoofing my ID and hacking with that. I'm hoping this gets fixed pretty soon.

Edited by mick17

So, what i can read about this is.. Someone found a way to change their GUID, they then steal peoples GUID's and change it..

They then hack on w/e server and get the original owner banned.

i would link the thread, but i am unsure if i am allowed..

Having fun BattlEye?

Yeah essentially. I don't think Battleye took that into account or they may not care. If they don't respond I'd say they don't care lol

They'd have to respond, because they're essentially harming innocent people. This could result in quite the scuffle in small claims court, and might even go big depending on the amount of people this affects.

Hackers have been hosting servers and farming your GUID's for months... it also doesnt help when Battle Eye itself broadcasts your GUID every time you time out or get kicked for high ping. All they have to do is take a screen shot when it pops up or collect them from their logs.

Find a low ping server with an active admin and teamspeak and make a home, server hopping is how you loose your GUID to hackers.

Id be interested if many of these people that are being banned on the new beta also have played on lingor island as well. Any lingor island servers are not hive servers.

Edited by F4ll3N

In the off chance this is all true, I'm sticking with 95417. Though I'm half tempted as a legit player to replicate all these situations while frapsing, if I get banned post the video to youtube and send a message to battle eye with a link to the video. If I don't get banned, post it on youtube and put a link on the forums.

If it truly is an issue with something having been changed in the patch and battle eye throwing a false positive (anti-malware programs do it all the time), hopefully battle eye logs the data that results in bans, and can use the information when cross referenced with patch changes to expedite the appeals.

Saying it's impossible for battle eye to throw false positives is the same as saying:

"Hello, I'm new to computing. Where is my start button?"

Response:

"Try alt+F4."

Outcome:

N00b_04 has left the chat.

Yes, I'm aware that 90% of battle eye "fanboys" are just trolling because those comments tend to make people rage. We all know battle eye is pretty terrible about actually detecting hackers, otherwise there wouldn't be such a huge slew of recent thunderdomes/mortal kombats.

For any of you who truly are legit players stricken with an unfair ban, I hope it all works out. Unfortunately after reading the draconian stated ban appeal policy from battle eye, my opinion is that you are most likely screwed. Suggested stance if no ban appeal: Word of Mouth.

It's the best/worst advertising method depending on whether the opinions are positive or negative. If you were unfairly banned and denied an appeal, spread the word. Do everything you can to block future income to this and other projects by the developer. While it's not directly Bohemia's fault, if they feel that battle eye has a made an era, there are steps they can take to remove the issue. Such as using a different anti-cheat.

Best of luck, if I get bored I might try and get a false-positive ban and post my findings on youtube. If I do this I'll probably fresh install arma 2/CO, so that it's as convincing as can be before too many people just cry I shooped it all.

Global Bans in ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead [ 10.08.2012 • 13:45 ] line.gifWe're aware of the global banning issue and are investigating since yesterday. Appropriate action will be taken if a false-positive scenario is found. If that is indeed the case we're terribly sorry for it and will take measures to prevent this from happening in the future.

An update will be posted once more is known.

I was banned on my first try to enter an online server (with no reason)

I wrote a complaint mail to battleye support.

they didnt answer, BUT: 3-4 days later, i tried to join some servers again and noticed i was unbanned (as i could join without problems).

BUT after playing for like an hour, i got kicked and banned again (same number #cde8).

now i saw that "update" in the battleye news section, that they had false-positives and want to fix the problem, so I tried to join a server and: I was able to.

but i dont know, maybe i will be banned again in an hour. maybe not. hope they can fix the problem for ever.

EDIT: banned again...

Edited by TrveBlack