Tavidian

Re- Using the same "Loot Pile"

Here is the situation.

I got my first rifle, Lee and had pretty good gear. So I got a little cocky and started being less cautious. Some Zombies hurt me pretty bad but luckily I was by a Grocery store. So I went in and ate can after can of food. Then I went to a Apartment building about 50 meters away and logged off.

I continued to go through this same routine for two days, eating food, then "sleeping" in the Apartment building.

Actually, it was a lot of fun. If you are telling a zombie survival story, this action would make a lot of sense. Stay at "base" until you get your strength back. So while it was repetitive, it was also good role playing.

Problem is, I went to the Grocery Store today and NO LOOT. Did I over use it? Is that Grocery store "Dried up" to me now for good?

Loot spawns have a chance of spawning no loot.

Additionally, if you login too close it will remove all loot from a building---this appears to be a server option, though, so it doesn't happen on every server.

If you logged in the grocery store, loot didn't spawn just because you logged in there. Try going a good 100m away from it and log back in.

it is called survival.

healing then finding a safe place to hole up is as valid as any other strategy.

You can speed up the process. But I really should let you work it out for yourself, as the folks that run in clans and scour the map for goodies will hate me for telling you.

stop eating up that canned food and get yourself a hunting knife, matches and an axe. Get some steaks from animals :D

stop eating up that canned food and get yourself a hunting knife, matches and an axe. Get some steaks from animals :D

X2 Cooked meat gives you 800 blood were canned food gives you only 200. But yea whatever works for you stick with it and have fun. :P

If there's absolutely nothing in there, not even trash, you need to give it a little time to spawn. Go wander around town and come back in a bit, should be there.

Edited by HerrJon

On a side note, I read something in another thread that if you approach a town in a vehicle at speed it does give loot enough time to spawn in the supermarket. I haven't experienced it myself but it does seem feasible.

On a side note, I read something in another thread that if you approach a town in a vehicle at speed it does give loot enough time to spawn in the supermarket. I haven't experienced it myself but it does seem feasible.

You read it wrong. Zombies and loot does not spawn if you are on vehicle. You can ride inside a Supermarket with a bike and if there is no other players on foot in 300 meters, there won't be zombies or loot. When you hop off the bike zombies will spawn, but loot won't, because you are "too close" to loot spot for loot to spawn.

Move out for 50-100 meters at foot and come back and there will be loot.

That "too close" range works too when you log in (unless there is another player...)