Sign in to follow this  
GoodyGood!

Roadflares

Press 'F' and you'll see the top right of your screen change from your weapon to the flare. Mouse click and it'll throw. Make sure to press F again to go back to your weapon!

Press "F" until you see flare in the upper right corner. Remember their a double edged sword, gives light but also gives away position!

EDIT: Sniped!

Edited by HitchHikingFlatlander

Remember that zombie will move towards road flares slowly to investigate the light.

Also the ambient light from flares can be seen 500-1000 meters away and might draw negative attention.

If you want to investige a place in the dark, throw flares around it, but not too close to it. The ambient light will be sufficent to see items on the ground, even if the flare land a good distance away and you'll draw zombies away from the place you really wanna go to.

Depending on where you are and how many players are on the server, you'll have 1 to 5 munites to safely operate in the area you lit up with flares.

If I use flares in Elektro/Cherno, I always throw three flares in each direction and then quickly move away from where I first threw them, while people will become aware of player activity, it'll be hard to pinpoint my exact position.

More often than for providing light (chemlights if you really have to), I use flares for attracting players to easily ambushable areas :P