pvtjelo

3 Global bans in one minute (US #NY199)

Pretty much the same on the few servers I've been on today.

I've never seen a global ban happening before. Maybe Battleye just started to report them to show us they're actually working on DayZ?

The beauty of this, and not to imply that BattleEye hasn't always been dedicated to doing a good job, but honestly it seems like such a symbiotic thing. DayZ explodes which causes hacking to explode which focuses attention on BE and their ability to deal with the situation. They ratchet up their game and notch or two and start a PR campaign in the process.

So BE is now a better company because DayZ got popular. Which is pretty cool.

• Like 3

Whenever i join a server nowadays, I get the message pop up "Battleeye has improved script detection" blah blah, seems they pwning some bitches.

Pics are good. Video is better.

Sorry, I'm skyping with a guy, and hes like

"Woah, 3 fucking kids got banned in like 1 minute !"

+ I like how they like show when players get banned.

A friend of mine got global banned last night and i'm 100% certain he didn't hack,he barely knew how to install DayZ.Not from this server of course, but something must be going on with Battle Eye...

Of course, he cant really appeal it or try to explain he's never hacked, they don't care to listen....

Sure you won't believe he didn't hack, no one on the forums does.. But if B.E is banning for no reason, something is clearly wrong here.

Nice

And to the above poster, I'm sorry to hear that, but collateral damage happens in every 'war'. The good thing is Arma is cheap - just buy another copy & hope it doesnt happen again.

Edited by MadMax

I think showing the bans is a blessing and a curse at the same time. On one side, sure it's showing that they are actually banning people. On the other side, it is going to show how rampant the hacking is which could scare people off.

A friend of mine got global banned last night and i'm 100% certain he didn't hack,he barely knew how to install DayZ.Not from this server of course, but something must be going on with Battle Eye...

Of course, he cant really appeal it or try to explain he's never hacked, they don't care to listen....

Sure you won't believe he didn't hack, no one on the forums does.. But if B.E is banning for no reason, something is clearly wrong here.

"100% certain"

Sorry unless it is you there is no way to be certain. You'd be surprised how many people hack.

I just seen 5 guys spawn 3 choppers, a bus, 2 cars and a boat.

+they were god mode.

Battleye apparently isn't banning most cheaters.

tell your freind to go to http://www.battleye.com/support.html and let him give evidence that he didn't hack,etc BUT

Note that you will not receive a response if the evidence clearly indicates that you or someone else using your cd-key cheated. It doesn't matter if you only cheated on your own private server. Cheating on BE-enabled servers is forbidden, period.

"100% certain"

Sorry unless it is you there is no way to be certain. You'd be surprised how many people hack.

I do certainly know. Not worth arguing though, because people will always defend the broken battle eye. We think a hacker reported him for hacking because he killed one the night before while he was spawning in a dirtbike. We even blew the dirtbike up... because there was 3 of us, not because we didn't want to take it :)

I just seen 5 guys spawn 3 choppers, a bus, 2 cars and a boat.

+they were god mode.

Battleye apparently isn't banning most cheaters.

Nope, Just the honest players.

• Like 1

I think showing the bans is a blessing and a curse at the same time. On one side, sure it's showing that they are actually banning people. On the other side, it is going to show how rampant the hacking is which could scare people off.

Wait since when are hackers people? People play games for enjoyment, a hackers inability to attain this same enjoyment from a game drives them to cheat and exploit to find their enjoyment at the expense of others. If five hundred thousand global bans showed just how rampant hacking is within the dayz community, I don't think the remaining half of the population would shed a tear.

It is probably banning people who copied in the backrev anim files to fix the graphics corruption, not the actual cheaters.

I'm only half-joking.

• Like 2

If watching Jerry Springer has taught me anything, there's no such thing as 100% certain, when it comes to friends.

• Like 2

Heh, BattleEye seems to have stepped up its game! Some tears from a website that shall remain nameless:

"WTF PLAYED 3 MINUTES WITH HACK AND THIS SCRIPT:

[removed]

AND GOT GLOBAL BANNED!!!!!

U ARE BAD!!!! I JUST PLAYED 3 MINUTES!!"

i also confirm global ban, got in made my ammo box. Played for the last hour just got banned.....gga

no games for me to play now :/

Not Undetected anymore, caught instantly after it ran. fuck me... not again

im 99% sure ill be banned within a two day range now.

I got ban bro within 45 fuckng minutes.
If the bypass wasn't working at all we would've been instantly banned. Seems battleye has gotten smarter then we expected.
Edited by Zarathustra
  • Like 10

I do certainly know. Not worth arguing though, because people will always defend the broken battle eye. We think a hacker reported him for hacking because he killed one the night before while he was spawning in a dirtbike. We even blew the dirtbike up... because there was 3 of us, not because we didn't want to take it :)

Do actually think that's how BE works? Seriously?

Heh, BattleEye seems to have stepped up its game! Some tears from a website that shall remain nameless:

Man BattleEye should release testamonials from banned players on their website. :)

• Like 1

Just played and a 'random battleEye' fact popped up saying over 10,000 global bans so far.

Just played and a 'random battleEye' fact popped up saying over 10,000 global bans so far.

I wonder, were all those bans today?

I wonder, were all those bans today?

Seems unlikely, though this banning spree only started recently.