Sign in to follow this  
Xeva

A possible fix for the vehicle problem?

7 day despawn is fine .... people keeping vehicles 20km out in the offmap area (fixed), hackers teleporting all vehicles into the ocean (fixed) ... after 7 days.

Anything less than that is rubbish. 6hr, 24hr despawns ... silly idea. If I don't log on every six hours, or at least once a day, you want my atv to disappear so someone else can use it? If you want it, find the tree it is hidden in. Same goes for every other vehicle. Forcing vehicles to despawn so others can use them instead of getting up off their arses and going to find them is just plain dumb.

Vehicles belong to the people who found them, repaired them, and hid them. They are just as much that persons property as their weapons, their food, and their med supplies, and like any other personal equipment, can be looted, lost, destroyed, or bugged out. Should your AS50 disappear just because you haven't logged in or used it in the last 6-24 hours? Vehicles are even more at risk than your own personal gear because they stay in-game even when you don't.

Other suggestions such as making vehicle parts rare or jerry cans very rare, I can see the point, but these things would not be rare in a post-apocalyptic world, so I prefer rarity of fuel .... there are too many fuel points on the map and a lot of the aren't marked on the loot maps either. Reducing these and/or maybe randomising which ones have fuel would be a good start. Also, reducing the supply so that the amount of fuel at each of the tanks is limited. Maybe 10 jerrycans from one, 5 from another, 30 from another, would be a way of forcing people to use/risk the vehicles in their possession.

• Like 1

you yourself said if there were more spawn points it would only just take longer for people to horde them so it really wont do anything in the long run they still would get the vehicles. i also like them being so rare i looked for my first one for 3 weeks by myself and it made it awesome when i found it repaired it and got away i dont think it would be the same with them being more common

Everything but less storage, I reckon.

The motorbike can't fit shit. So keep the storage.

Or how about make the storage less on the bus, but if one wishes to have more storage, they can fold down the seats?

The problem with storage is that it promotes hiding vehicles like buried treasure, never to be used. Things like urals, sure. Keep the storage. But for vehicles like cars, trucks, and ATV's - they should be considered lesser in value so that they are used and not hidden forever like tents are meant to be.

Edited by Xeva

7 day despawn is fine .... people keeping vehicles 20km out in the offmap area (fixed), hackers teleporting all vehicles into the ocean (fixed) ... after 7 days.

Anything less than that is rubbish. 6hr, 24hr despawns ... silly idea. If I don't log on every six hours, or at least once a day, you want my atv to disappear so someone else can use it? If you want it, find the tree it is hidden in. Same goes for every other vehicle. Forcing vehicles to despawn so others can use them instead of getting up off their arses and going to find them is just plain dumb.

Vehicles belong to the people who found them, repaired them, and hid them. They are just as much that persons property as their weapons, their food, and their med supplies, and like any other personal equipment, can be looted, lost, destroyed, or bugged out. Should your AS50 disappear just because you haven't logged in or used it in the last 6-24 hours? Vehicles are even more at risk than your own personal gear because they stay in-game even when you don't.

Other suggestions such as making vehicle parts rare or jerry cans very rare, I can see the point, but these things would not be rare in a post-apocalyptic world, so I prefer rarity of fuel .... there are too many fuel points on the map and a lot of the aren't marked on the loot maps either. Reducing these and/or maybe randomising which ones have fuel would be a good start. Also, reducing the supply so that the amount of fuel at each of the tanks is limited. Maybe 10 jerrycans from one, 5 from another, 30 from another, would be a way of forcing people to use/risk the vehicles in their possession.

As it is now vehicle parts are by far the most common things in all the industrial locations of Chernarus. Increasing the rarity of these would make vehicles not only a little bit more of a hassle to fix up, but just make the game that much more realistic. Some might say that making vehicle parts more rare would just increase the value of the vehicles that much more, but I like to think that it would change the mentality of hoarders to think, "Do I really want to go through all this hassle just to fix up one vehicle and stow it away?"

Making jerry cans more rare is a given. You can find them anywhere and everywhere. Fuel is the same idea. By making fueling vehicles that much harder, and then decreasing the storage, the line between tents and vehicles becomes much more broad.