Bloodknife

I have no canteen, and i've got cotten mouth, what do?

Yeah, so. Like previously mentioned, I have no canteen and im about to die of thirst (if possible). Does anyone know of a substitute for, or a location of a canteen? I've picked up a empty can but im not even sure if I can drink with it.

• Like 1

Empty cans and bottles are useless. The only refillable containers are water canteens.

You need to find loot; Pepsi and Coke are some of the most common things in the game. See http:dayzdb.com/map to see where the loot is.

Any residential, any barn, any grocery store. One of the most common items in the game, I've even seen zombies carrying them.

Go to towns and look around for full soda cans. some times soda drops on dead zombies so loot the ones you kill and no you cant fill a empty soda can with water they are trash items.

• Like 1

Empty whisky will do, that or a canteen are the only refillable containers. If your near a town then residential areas always have a good chance of spawning some sort of a drink.

best bet is barns, i typically find random soda's in there all the time, but if your looking for something to fill and go, you will have to find a canteen. wish i was able to get on atm to help, as i have plenty of soda's and canteens between my group and i

I am actually logged off in a barn atm. Where I just founda crossbow and a few bolts, and I think there may even be a whiskey bottle around, I'll try that. Thanks for your help people. Also what's the word on a crossbow? Any good reason to use it vs a gun? Silence perhaps? And are the bolts able to be reacquired from my target or are they one-shot-ammo?

Edited by Bloodknife