Sign in to follow this  
Maced

DayZ going standalone. What does that mean for people who dropped $30 on ARMA CO?

Everyone seems to forget that in order to play DayZ that you must buy Arma 2 first. If there is another way to play DayZ for free, please - let all of us know.

Dude Arma 2 is only $30... go find a job and work for like 3 hours and you have your money back

Everyone seems to forget that in order to play DayZ that you must buy Arma 2 first. If there is another way to play DayZ for free, please - let all of us know.

So what? YOU decided, as a customer, to buy Arma 2: CO in order to play DayZ.

If you already had Arma 2 : CO, you wouldn't have had to spend another dime to play DayZ when it came out.

DayZ is a free mod. Rocket has to make money somehow so yes you're gonna have to pay for HIS game, Rocket is not Bohemia Interactive, he doesn't care about whether you bought Arma or not.

Edited by Nucleqrwinter
  • Like 1

What you need to understand is that none of the money you spent on Arma 2: CO went to Rocket, so there's no reason he'd give you a discount on his game.

yes it did. I bet you £100 that he got a promotion and a raise from all the sales he generated.

if he didn't then i'd be AMAZED. as that is how business works. = people make you £30 million and you give them a pay rise. DayZ does have 1 million users now right? and most people got Arma2 CO for £25-£30? that's alot of money, and being as Rocket WORKS for BIS. you bet your ass it made him some money.

you're crap at business if you think otherwise.

So what? YOU decided, as a customer, to buy Arma 2: CO in order to play DayZ.

If you already had Arma 2 : CO, you wouldn't have had to spend another dime to play DayZ when it came out.

DayZ is a free mod. Rocket has to make money somehow so yes you're gonna have to pay for HIS game, Rocket is not Bohemia Interactive, he doesn't care about whether you bought Arma or not.

Not my question. People here say that DayZ is free, but it's not

yes it did. I bet you £100 that he got a promotion and a raise from all the sales he generated.

if he didn't then i'd be AMAZED. as that is how business works. = people make you £30 million and you give them a pay rise. DayZ does have 1 million users now right? and most people got Arma2 CO for £25-£30? that's alot of money, and being as Rocket WORKS for BIS. you bet your ass it made him some money.

you're crap at business if you think otherwise.

Rocket didn't work for BIS when he made DayZ, his contract ended after Arma 2. They re-hired him only recently to lead the standalone team. So no he didn't get any money for dayZ and said it himself. Maybe now he does but he didn't.

Edited by Nucleqrwinter