Sign in to follow this  
Maced

DayZ going standalone. What does that mean for people who dropped $30 on ARMA CO?

Yes, I know old news is old. Though I was wondering when the game goes standalone what will happen to the people who spent $30 on ARMA 2? Will I have to pay again for the game?

Most likely you will have to pay again.

Yes, I know old news is old. Though I was wondering when the game goes standalone what will happen to the people who spent $30 on ARMA 2? Will I have to pay again for the game?

Holy hell are you stupid? You didn't buy DayZ.

Edited by Jorden
  • Like 5

Well the DayZ alpha is free, I assume that DayZ v1.0 will cost for everyone. It was a MOD for ARMA 2 and I don't think it was planned that people would buy ARMA just for DayZ. My guess is we will have to pay, but my £20 has got me many hours of gameplay :D

You wont be paying "again" for anything. You didn't pay for DayZ, you paid for ARMA II CO. The mod itself is free.

• Like 1

It means play the fucking game that you bought.

have some beans.

It means you bought arma2:co so you have arma2:co.....

• Like 1

You got a great game for $30 and a great mod, for FREE.

Don't be ridicoulous. You all know you bought ARMA 2 for the intent of playing DayZ.

• Like 3

You bought Arma. You played the mod for free. You can continue to play the mod or buy standalone! Standalone will be much better, but it's your choice

• Like 3

have some beans.

It means you bought arma2:co so you have arma2:co.....

Edited my original post, but I agree.

Rocket has said that the standalone will be at a reduced price for those playing now.

same as the minecraft model

I know this said multiple times a day on this server, but you bought arma 2, not dayz. Everyone who expects to get dayz for free lacks common sense. If it were made by the whole team at Bohemia it would be different, but it was a personal project, not a company project.

And maced that doesn't go for you as you were simply asking.

Edit: wow I said server, playing way too much huh? And wow lik 20 ppl posted in the time it took to write this comment.

Edited by Kryptik 617
  • Like 1

arma 2 is not a bad game, even if i dont really like the infantry combat, its a great chopper simulator

Why are people on here so aggressive? You do know that you have this cool ability to give nice answers to people, not call them names and not ridicule them right?

• Like 2

If you bought this amazing game for a FREE MOD.

And you think that everyone else did to, you sir are an idiot.

Go play ARMA you will pay for the Standalone.

Well the DayZ alpha is free, I assume that DayZ v1.0 will cost for everyone. It was a MOD for ARMA 2 and I don't think it was planned that people would buy ARMA just for DayZ. My guess is we will have to pay, but my £20 has got me many hours of gameplay :D

So you believe BIS release ARMA2 Combined Operations was a coincidence? They didn't plan on anyone buying the game for DayZ, that's why they released a package that has precisely what DayZ requires and nothing else?

I got a bridge to sell you.

If you can not afford to pay for day Z when it goes stand alone maybe you should spend more time working and less time playing games.

Love how folks split hairs over little things.

It's because this happens all the DAMN time. It would be fine if it was just one or two people. But I see people consistently believing that just because they bought Arma II:CO, they have the right to demand shit from Rocket.

• Like 2

Why are people on here so aggressive? You do know that you have this cool ability to give nice answers to people, not call them names and not ridicule them right?

So what is your answer for him?

The aggresiveness here is absurd. I asked a question to get an answer not "lol fggt gtf0!!!111."Rocket, as well as you guys know that most you bought ARMA 2 for the intent purpose of playing Day Z.

What you need to understand is that none of the money you spent on Arma 2: CO went to Rocket, so there's no reason he'd give you a discount on his game.

The fact that you bought Arma 2: CO in order to play DayZ is COMPLETELY irrelevant.

Likely even when the commercial product is out, there will be private hive servers for the 'original' DayZ.