Sign in to follow this  
freak367

Finally found a Ghillie suit, & How am I doing?

So my mission for the past 2 weeks has been to find a Ghillie suit, which is the one thing that has evaded me for so long. And while looting Vybor, which is my new favorite town to loot since it is nowhere near the major cities or coast, and has good lootable buildings. I finally found a Ghillie suit in one of the brick houses!

I'm so happy now, but I need a mission to keep me entertained, I welcome suggestions.

I'm on my 34th day now, and I'm wondering what can be improved upon, in this life I have looted Elektro once, Cherno twice and the N/W Airfield four times, those are the major places I have gained most of what I have now. And Vybor three times so far since I just love Vybor now.

Here is my sexy Ghillie suit which I had an orgasm over when I found it.

2h39d3l.jpg

And this is what my inventory looks like now after my last loot of Vybor where I got my Ghillie suit. I have a tent on one server which has just some meat in it I think, but apart from that I have no tents or vehicles, everything I own is on me.

I had a G17 with 11 mags, but while faffing around in my inventory I managed to destroy it and all of the ammo somehow ¬_¬, so I picked up an M1911 in Vybor to put me over, ammo is a lot more plentiful anyways, and I go for headshots so even a Makarov would do. To be honest, I don't really have an incentive to go and get another G17, the M1911 is still a pretty good sidearm for what I use it for.

fc68o0.jpg

I'm a lone survivor which you can probably tell just by what I carry, and I can just live in the wilderness forever now if I want, but that isn't fun.

What should I strive to obtain now that I have my Ghillie suit?, I could try and go for a vehicle, but chances are they are going to be gone and somewhere hidden up north :/, I do want a Bicycle though, I really want a Bicycle actually, that would suit my playstyle very well, but I don't know where to get one. Oh and I want a Cayote backpack.

Please suggest improvements.

Become a medic. That's what I did once I'd nailed the basics and got tooled up. It beats sitting on a hill sniping noobs in Electro.

P.S - Set up a better base camp, it really takes the pain away from dying, sort of.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 2

I got the backpack you're looking for at the NW airfield and a guy (possible hacker) gave me a bicycle :D I'd strive for NVGs as I also have the M14 AIM and with NVGs its amazing. Good Luck!

• Like 1

bikes are on the coast near lighthouses i think..getting there could be risky but you could help some noob, or if you are so fit for the chases you can find a mountain drew or nvgs ..you don't seem to have them..

heli crash site hunting.

That reminds me, I got the M14 AIM at a Heli crash site, but that's all I got from it. Then I stocked up on DMR mags at the N/W Airfield.

Become a medic. That's what I did once I'd nailed the basics and got tooled up. It beats sitting on a hill sniping noobs in Electro.

P.S - Set up a better base camp, it really takes the pain away from dying, sort of.

I was thinking about becoming a medic, but as you mentioned, I would need to set up a base camp so I can stockpile supplies, since being a medic is pretty risky.

The one tent I do have which isn't too far from Vybor/N/W Airfield, is very well hidden between a cluster of trees, you need to be within feet of it to see it, and there's only one hotspot to access it, so that's a good start, I could fill that up with supplies and if I find another tent I'll expand on that camp, because if I die now, I'd start fresh with absolutely nothing :/, which would suck so much.

NW airfield on a full server engage in combat

Could do, my only murder was at the N/W Airfield. But with the amount of snipers around, it's too open for me to make use of my M14.

I got the backpack you're looking for at the NW airfield and a guy (possible hacker) gave me a bicycle :D I'd strive for NVGs as I also have the M14 AIM and with NVGs its amazing. Good Luck!

Thank you :D, good luck to you too, NVGs would be nice to find.

bikes are on the coast near lighthouses i think..getting there could be risky but you could help some noob, or if you are so fit for the chases you can find a mountain drew or nvgs ..you don't seem to have them..

Yeah I'm really not a fan of going to the coast :P, spent atleast 30 days away from the coast now, are lighthouses the only place to get a Bicycle?

I do want some NVGs, although I tend not to play in the dark, and I know of Mountain Dew, but what does it do other than quench thirst?, if it offers more I'll go hunting for one.

Establish a camp. Gather vehicle parts and when you have enough parts to repair a vehicle. Go find a ATV og some trusty vehicle to get around with. Then start gathering supplies like food, medicals supplies and other back-up stuff incase you die. Then you start scouting for heli crash sites, to get a better sniper etc.

• Like 1

Establish a camp. Gather vehicle parts and when you have enough parts to repair a vehicle. Go find a ATV og some trusty vehicle to get around with. Then start gathering supplies like food, medicals supplies and other back-up stuff incase you die. Then you start scouting for heli crash sites, to get a better sniper etc.

Solid advice, that's probably what I'll do next :), an ATV or Bicycle would be ideal for me. And I really do need to set up a camp, I'm so vulnerable right now if I die. I can get every tool in Vybor and the surrounding towns so I'll start collecting them to store, as soon as I have a backup Axe, Knife and Matches, food/blood is no longer a concern. And a map and compass is essential to how I play.

For medical supplies though... where is the safest place to get them?, Bandages and Painkillers are all over, but I want to stock up on Morphine too, I always carry 2 morphine with me, since a single zombie hit can break legs, and just walking through a door can, I am always prepared for that. I had about 11,000 blood at the N/W Airfield on one of my runs and a zombie sprinted into me and broke my legs -_-, I was so glad I had morphine in my backpack, I never go anywhere without it now. The only hospitals I have been to have been in Elektro and Cherno.

wtf is going on with your signature

Magical things.

I've found the best way of setting up a camp is to not have more then 2 tents in one place. One is usually enough. On my home server I've got 4 tents set-up with meds, basic supplies and some of my favourite guns across the map. That way wherever I am i'm not usually more than a few K from one of them. It makes life a bit easier when you die too.

• Like 1

FreaK, you seem very much like me and at the same "place" in game, think my next step is to make a small camp to hopefully make a death less painful.

I like south Berezino for medical supplies, not nearly as crowded as Elektro and Cherno, but you can also find the boxes at heli crash sites.

• Like 1

Solid advice, that's probably what I'll do next :), an ATV or Bicycle would be ideal for me. And I really do need to set up a camp, I'm so vulnerable right now if I die. I can get every tool in Vybor and the surrounding towns so I'll start collecting them to store, as soon as I have a backup Axe, Knife and Matches, food/blood is no longer a concern. And a map and compass is essential to how I play.

For medical supplies though... where is the safest place to get them?, Bandages and Painkillers are all over, but I want to stock up on Morphine too, I always carry 2 morphine with me, since a single zombie hit can break legs, and just walking through a door can, I am always prepared for that. I had about 11,000 blood at the N/W Airfield on one of my runs and a zombie sprinted into me and broke my legs -_-, I was so glad I had morphine in my backpack, I never go anywhere without it now. The only hospitals I have been to have been in Elektro and Cherno.

Heli crash sites sometimes have medical boxes. But, the only place to find morphine and painkillers + bandages is a hospital or the military tents around in some cities.

• Like 1

Once I set up a camp I may go Heli crash site hunting, I roughly know where to search.

It feels like I may have to venture south though for my morphine, I can't rely on Heli crash sites. Although probably the worst place to go, Cherno is pretty much directly south of me, and the quickest way for me to dip down South, get morphine and go right back up North/West without having to go very far East.

With the artifacting though, if Cherno is quiet because of that, that could be my opportunity to do it more safely, I heard Elektro is the most popular now, atleast until the artifacting is solved. If this is a good idea, and I do it, I could hit both hospitals and best case scenario I might get 5 - 10 morphine to bring back up. That would be ideal. Just incase though, I'll store my M14 AIM in my tent with other things that I don't need to get the medical supplies, just bring my M1911 and maybe pick up a Winchester or something in Vybor beforehand.

I don't want to risk everything I have when going south.

Sound good?, or should I completely avoid Cherno.

Once I set up a camp I may go Heli crash site hunting, I roughly know where to search.

It feels like I may have to venture south though for my morphine, I can't rely on Heli crash sites. Although probably the worst place to go, Cherno is pretty much directly south of me, and the quickest way for me to dip down South, get morphine and go right back up North/West without having to go very far East.

With the artifacting though, if Cherno is quiet because of that, that could be my opportunity to do it more safely, I heard Elektro is the most popular now, atleast until the artifacting is solved. If this is a good idea, and I do it, I could hit both hospitals and best case scenario I might get 5 - 10 morphine to bring back up. That would be ideal. Just incase though, I'll store my M14 AIM in my tent with other things that I don't need to get the medical supplies, just bring my M1911 and maybe pick up a Winchester or something in Vybor beforehand.

I don't want to risk everything I have when going south.

Sound good?, or should I completely avoid Cherno.

I tend to stick to Berizino to get my medical stuff. Also it's got 2 supermarkets and military camp, sweet.

Edited by Fraggle

I tend to stick to Berizino to get my medical stuff. Also it's got 2 supermarkets and military camp, sweet.

Hmmm, I'll head to Berezino then, my only concern is to get there I'll have to cross the entire map, drawing a line through the middle.

Seems the server I have my tent on has been offline for 2 days now, so, looks like I'll need to find a new server and a tent :/, not taking all of my gear with me to Berezino.

you'll like berezino. you might decide to set up camp near that city someplace.

I've been before in previous lives, but talking 1+ month ago, I can roughly remember it :/

Only bad thing about it is it's on the coast, and it's seen as safer than Elektro and Cherno / the south of the map, so more and more people have Berezino as their go-to place. Which ups the chances of running into other survivors, who might shoot me in the face. D:

Anyways, I found another tent in Vybor and set it up in my secret camp, I'll do a run of Berezino probably tomorrow, going to fill my tent up with tools and supplies from Vybor before going incase I manage to die while there. Hopefully I won't and I can bring back a backpack full of morphine :D, and probably some blood bags even though I'm a lone survivor, I might end up becoming a medic or just grouping up with others.