hunter2123

US 1040 Colony Idea?

Okay so I had this idea a while back, and never really got to try it out so I was wondering if anyone thinks this is a good idea/wants to help out.

I have probably 10 people already willing to help with this.

We have a certain spot that you can only enter from one way (wont give any more info on location yet) and we want to fortify it, and guard it. We want to have a sort of trading post out of it, along with a safe haven for survivors in need. We could provide security and food, trade for things we may need or if someone else needs them. This wouldn't be like the other trading post, on for a few hours a day or whatever. If we didn't have anymore friendlies at the colony we could simply move the vehicles to a off-site location that wouldn't be advertised like the location of the colony itself would be if this idea even works.

Near this location we have a few high-traffic towns along with great water/food sources all within 1K/m

Have dedicated in-house medical staff with everything you could need to fix yourself up. Can also trade for medical supplies.

We may have 'colony' events where we do something fun in a insanely large group.

Example: Say we only had 20 people,

10 / 2 = 2 parties of 5 looting nearby towns/gathering water and food

5 long range security (snipers)

5 CQ security/traders

We could also set some procedures to get the post up and running.

We could have a TeamSpeak for it, or maybe just channels on my already running TS (512 slots)

I have a 64 slot server we can do this on that runs extremely well. (DayZ server)

Post here if your interested, or if you have some suggestions as this idea isn't that well thought out. But it could be quite cool.

Edited by HunterBoy
  • Like 4

sounds cool i would suggest having a high security set up i would assume ppl will try and raid u so yeah guard the entrance and area very well! put ppl on patrol outside to warn u if posible and try maybe setting up a medical area with blood and the sort :)

• Like 1

sounds cool i would suggest having a high security set up i would assume ppl will try and raid u so yeah guard the entrance and area very well! put ppl on patrol outside to warn u if posible and try maybe setting up a medical area with blood and the sort :)

Medical area is a wonderful idea! Security team will be made up of highly ArmA experienced players. We have ideas for how to setup the compound itself with wire and whatnot, but I don't really wanna discuss specifics until I have some support on this idea.

i would love to see this happen the game has needed this for a while one more idea i have is maybe put tank traps up at the entrance spaced far enough apart so people can get through but not cars

i would love to see this happen the game has needed this for a while one more idea i have is maybe put tank traps up at the entrance spaced far enough apart so people can get through but not cars

As I said we have things like this planned out. It's all going to take place on US 1040 and on the TeamSpeak in my signature. :)

Then a cheater teleports everyone to the beach....

Its unfortunate that any time anyone sets up a large settlement people try to raid it just because they think it would be funny.

Like I said before, ill offer any spare supplies I have/find in the coming days.

I won't be a guard or a trader, but I would just like to support the project in a minimal way.

Its unfortunate that any time anyone sets up a large settlement people try to raid it just because they think it would be funny.

Like I said before, ill offer any spare supplies I have/find in the coming days.

I won't be a guard or a trader, but I would just like to support the project in a minimal way.

Appreciate the help, yes we may have some raiders but I doubt they will be successful. 90% of the security team has been playing together 3+ months and we work very well together. If you ever need a safe haven, your welcome anytime. We're just writing up the security procedure and going to setup at the spot then maybe start a advertisement officially.

true say dam script kiddys most are just skids using one they bought...

true say dam script kiddys most are just skids using one they bought...

We're just trying to make something more fun to do for us. Hackers may come and destroy us, or maybe they will see it as a good thing.

If you need any more people for a Scav team I would join.

i would be interested in assisting :)

cept the hackers and bandits will take it as a mission to destroy it -_-

Yeah this idea sounds great, but not everything is in the game though. It would be great if rocket could add in somethings that would support a colony. But yeah i would love to play this with you guys.

Edited by mrcombs777

i'm in don't need notta just drinks i guess but would help if i can to get stuff, how about a taxi to to players up for they can give up something for the ride hehe ? or help go get supplies ?,ty

I have 1 marksman and two CQC guards (including myself) if you need some skilled mercs to protect your outpost.

Visiting you guys after I die with the character I currently have.

If you need some to make a run (hospitals, water, food) i will be more than happy to do it. And I will definitely check this place out as soon as I get out of NEAF

i'm in don't need notta just drinks i guess but would help if i can to get stuff, how about a taxi to to players up for they can give up something for the ride hehe ? or help go get supplies ?,ty

i wouldnt taxi players they could easyly kill and steal your car...

Wow so much support. Please come to the TeamSpeak if you'd like to help. Colony is officially opening in a few hours

Will check in tonight and see how you guys are going, i suspect the skidmarks will ruin the party but wth. :)