jason.morsley

Should I Or Shouldn't I

Should I Or Shouldn't I get arma:2 ive seen a few videos on playing the DayZ mod but would that be all im buying it for one modpack for a £20ish game im not so sure can someone please reasure me that its great and that i should.

Thanks Jason

I bought ARMA 2 CO just for DayZ. It has been well worth it, I've even played a bit of the real game ;) I would recommend it, however rocket plans to release it as a separate game i believe. I'm not sure when this is happening but £20 for DayZ alpha is well worth it IMO.

You come into a Dayz forum expecting that someone would say no? lol

But unless you like reaslistic war games outside from the Dayz mod i'm not sure, maybe you should wait, because the game will get an standalone version for itself.

Only if your expectations are realistic. You would be paying to alpha test a mod that is riddled with hacking and almost unplayable right now.

Dayz is fucking awesome don't get me wrong, but the standalone version has been announced already so you may want to just wait for that.

$25 for Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead (Hours of campaign) + a free mod + ability to download custom missions (escape from chernarus, etc)

Why not?

Don't buy it for only the DayZ mod. If you like the military sim for itself, you'll get some fun out of the single

player downloadable campaigns and missions. However, the Arma II online scene has already been and gone.

The next military revival will be when Arma III is released.

Only if your expectations are realistic. You would be paying to alpha test a mod that is riddled with hacking and almost unplayable right now.

Dayz is fucking awesome don't get me wrong, but the standalone version has been announced already so you may want to just wait for that.

I agree - the hacking is that bad that I would have preferred to have waited.The main developer, Rocket said that he was hopeful for an October release so you don't have to wait that long.

Yes! Buy it!

I bought it ages ago and have just started playing DayZ.

However, I was playing Operation Arrowhead (you need this as well for DayZ) with a friend online earlier (we were in a server with 60 people) and I must say, although the single player campaign may not be to everyones taste, the online is truly amazing

Wait for the standalone game however If you can't wait buy it now, I know one thing for sure you will not regret!

I brought it today after about a week of lurking on the forums here and watching some Vids so far.. 8 spawns 8 deaths from unseen snipers/teleportering asshats ... But.. for the 8 and a half mins ive played enjoyable so far so buy now and when the standalone hits the shelf show support and buy it!

Edited by Zombiechild

But.. for the 8 and a half mins ive played enjoyable so far so buy now and

when the standalone hits the shelf show support and buy it!

Nice attitude. It'll be interesting to see if you have the same opinion in two week's time.

i bought arma2 last week for the mod alone and played it everyday eversince its great fun

Nice attitude. It'll be interesting to see if you have the same opinion in two week's time.

lol ask me in two weeks you bring the beans i will bring the Soda

... I bought ArmA2:CO only for the mod too (Steam Summer Sale) and haven't regretted it yet.

It's really fun, if you are into sandbox-games and able to set yourself goals to reach and if you are comfortable with permadeath-experiences (and of course meeting a lot of head-counting little snipers with no more imagination how to play the game besides KoS).

Best played with friends IMHO.

Edited by @ndreas