Sign in to follow this  
despair (DayZ)

"The game will be released in an Alpha build for a low price point"

I'm totally IN!!! OP is a cry baby. As soon as they release the alpha i'm going to buy it for sure...

So don't buy it. Feel free to pay full price after we have tested it for you for a fraction of the cost.

qP3tb.gif

He's gonna buy it. And he's gonna bitch about it. And we are going to make fun of him. And the loop will continue just as it has here. Life will go on.

Out.

epic fail the standalone should be released when its ready not in a broken alpha state like this mod is. standalone will be the EXACT same thing as dayz mod except just ported over to new engine. NOT WORTH BUYING

no one forces you to buy it in alpha stage, just buy it when its done... /thread

epic fail the standalone should be released when its ready not in a broken alpha state like this mod is. standalone will be the EXACT same thing as dayz mod except just ported over to new engine. NOT WORTH BUYING

Well aren't we sad and unhappy and acting like a child.

Nice handle- Are you familiar with the term "eponymous"?

It makes me laugh that the forums are always buzzing with idiots like OP. "game is shit"...."game is not worth playing/paying for". Yet they are still here, posting on the official forum of the game they "hate". I hereby place a bet for all my beans, that every single one of these people buy the standalone.

We don't hate the game. We hate the corp behind it. There is a difference.

Maybe if dummies wouldn't be willing to shell out money for unfinished products, companies would be forced to finish them before they ask for money.

BI has the money to do this and it would be in their best interest to secure the game. Because the market is massive for this style of game. People have been vying for it for years. With the advent of placating to the losers who complain about inane things, gaming has pretty much turned for the worse.

All we ask is for them to secure their engine. It is not difficult to do. But nah, we don't have any reason to be mad because the engine will never be secure. No reason at all.

Yes it's true, no one is forcing you to buy it, but there is some measure of coercion involved.

I don't want to be late to the party so I feel I will have to buy it so as not to miss out at the launch. After all playing a game when it first releases is usually the most exciting time to play.

Dissapointing tbh.

First of all they're developing it starting now, it is not going to be Alpha released based on Arma 2. It has already discussed what engine it will use.

The fact it will be released in Alpha does not phase me. #1: Because Rocket is in charge. #2. Becuase BI don't focus on console gaming, they focus on PC gaming and even in Alpha release, it will still be more polished and functional that the mass of crappy half assed console ports that are being released onto PC lately.

SO DON'T BUY IT THEN!

Jesus H Christ, was THAT hard?

What? Did you actually expect games to just materialise as a full finished product ready to go?

If you don't want to Alpha test it, DON'T.

I will.

If you don't buy the alpha version of the standalone I will come to your house and shoot you in the face.

Now, you have a reason to bitch about buying it, because someone IS forcing you :)