Sign in to follow this  
badbadrobot

Killed By 2 Hackers, Death Screen Reveals Player Locater

Hello alt+f4 abuser. I would of felt sorry for you, but then i saw you trying to alt f4 at the first shot fired. Pathetic. (Probably will get warned for this post, but worth it.)

Edited by U.B.C.S. Trilogique
  • Like 2

I hate those script kiddies too, but i dont see a proof really in your video. The screen with the green squares appeared once to me when i logged in (and to some friends of mine) as there were some issues with a server.... we had to relog and it was gone (maybe that is the 'debug forrest'?). Except this is a known thing for hackers that i have not heard or seen yet.

Pitch black.... unfortunately you can just set your gamma to 2.0 in game and you can see much much more. Similar to having 3k blood left. Just a bit darker maybe. You had no guillie suit. If they had night vision goggles they dont see the rain. If it was 2 one of them could have had a thermal scope weapon (op as hell and should be taken out of the game imo). Before the axe guy ran in, you heard him reloading in that video, so he could have sneaked on you i assume.

But the voice trolling in the end looked a bit suspicious.

What server were you on? And when did it happen? I would assume by having the player names + the server adress it will be easy to find their player IDs... Maybe the devs can find out more then.

Even if this death was annoying... I am more bothered by the people who teleport them or the whole server around, nuke the map, spawn all kind of weapons or helis... I just hope the devs (of Arma2) find a way to reduce the vulnerability of the servers against those script kiddies.

@badbadrobot... your a coward bro... why not stand and fight like a man??? instead of ALT-F4 like a BITCH that you are.... dont post stupid shit like this on the forums...

He was trying to DC, not alt f4. If he had hit alt f4, it would have closed the game in an instant..... but he was hitting escape and trying to log out of the game, but it was not an alt f4, subtle difference.

• Like 1

Oh really? A hacker who manages to kill 2 guys with a hatchet? He must be bad-ass...

Not to mention the fact that you played on a server which has name-tags enabled, so he probably followed you already or saw you guys running BEFORE going prone and still was able to see you by your tags. And since this is enabled, I guess that's the reason why you saw all the player locations, since last time I checked DayZ doesn't have a kill cam...

yeah when you die you dont get to see his screen, those popped up on your screen

how he could know your there, gama, heard you and hunted, L85 and swapped to hatchet for lulz, saw your name tag

Edited by stuffnthings

He was trying to DC, not alt f4. If he had hit alt f4, it would have closed the game in an instant..... but he was hitting escape and trying to log out of the game, but it was not an alt f4, subtle difference.

still a weak move.

but yeah i don't see how that's evidence either.

I did not alt f4. I had a feeling it was a hacker coming to us and thats why I was GOING to quit the game, but in the end did not and I ended up dying. Great job paying attention to the details ladies.

Edited by badbadrobot
  • Like 1

@badbadrobot, the only reason you did not d/c was that he was right in front of you and not hitting you, you thought you were going to kill him. How did you have a feeling? Where did it come from, i didnt hear you on ts/vent talking about any of that. Just plain curiosity, if ur not actually a alt+f4-er then my sincere apologies, but all the evidence is against you atm.

I hate those script kiddies too, but i dont see a proof really in your video. The screen with the green squares appeared once to me when i logged in (and to some friends of mine) as there were some issues with a server.... we had to relog and it was gone (maybe that is the 'debug forrest'?). Except this is a known thing for hackers that i have not heard or seen yet.

Pitch black.... unfortunately you can just set your gamma to 2.0 in game and you can see much much more. Similar to having 3k blood left. Just a bit darker maybe. You had no guillie suit. If they had night vision goggles they dont see the rain. If it was 2 one of them could have had a thermal scope weapon (op as hell and should be taken out of the game imo). Before the axe guy ran in, you heard him reloading in that video, so he could have sneaked on you i assume.

But the voice trolling in the end looked a bit suspicious.

What server were you on? And when did it happen? I would assume by having the player names + the server adress it will be easy to find their player IDs... Maybe the devs can find out more then.

Even if this death was annoying... I am more bothered by the people who teleport them or the whole server around, nuke the map, spawn all kind of weapons or helis... I just hope the devs (of Arma2) find a way to reduce the vulnerability of the servers against those script kiddies.

I've been legitly by players in this game 2 times. 1 time being sniped in Cherno and one time being gunned down by a pistol in Elektro. The other 20+ times have been nukes, teleports, thunder dome, you name it. It happens 2-4 times every day in our server.

@badbadrobot, the only reason you did not d/c was that he was right in front of you and not hitting you, you thought you were going to kill him. How did you have a feeling? Where did it come from, i didnt hear you on ts/vent talking about any of that. Just plain curiosity, if ur not actually a alt+f4-er then my sincere apologies, but all the evidence is against you atm.

Where did the feeling come from? My brain. My brain from every day for the past week getting nuked, teleported and put in the thunderdome in our server. In fact I've died so often that I haven't even made it up past Stary Sober. The script kiddies are everywhere and it's affected the way I play because I hate playing legitly only to be killed by some bully who has a credit card. I don't say everything I'm thinking, especially when I'm doing my best to hear players that are around me.

I posted the evidence I have. End of story. I'll start a new character today and most likely be killed again by script kiddy looking to ruin my day.

Where did the feeling come from? My brain. My brain from every day for the past week getting nuked, teleported and put in the thunderdome in our server. In fact I've died so often that I haven't even made it up past Stary Sober. The script kiddies are everywhere and it's affected the way I play because I hate playing legitly only to be killed by some bully who has a credit card. I don't say everything I'm thinking, especially when I'm doing my best to hear players that are around me.

I posted the evidence I have. End of story. I'll start a new character today and most likely be killed again by script kiddy looking to ruin my day.

Don't get me wrong, i hate script kiddies / hackers as much as you do. But still i don't get how a d/c will save you from a teleport / nuke / thunderdome as your saying. I hate alt+f4-ers as much as i hate script kiddies. I hate having to run a .50 cal just to be sure to kill anyone in 1 shot just that 50% of the players i engage d/c. It ruins the game for me as much as script kiddies.

My big majority of deaths is also from teleport/nuke. But seriously a d/c ? How exactly will that help ?

I've been legitly by players in this game 2 times. 1 time being sniped in Cherno and one time being gunned down by a pistol in Elektro. The other 20+ times have been nukes, teleports, thunder dome, you name it. It happens 2-4 times every day in our server.

I am not good with servers nor i have a real idea how these scripts work, but a friend explained it me like following:

Once a hacker was able to open a script or a channel that server is infected. Thus it is easier for other script kiddies to abuse of that. This security hole remains until the server is reset. I dont know if a restart of the server makes it temporarily harder, or maybe a full wipe (a complete restart from 0) might do the trick.

At least if you have your own server and it gets hacked that often, i would give it a try to see if you get hacked less or not. Anyway... We need a fix for the scripts asap, since many people (including myself) loose the motivation to play this game if you die due braindamaged teenagers absuing the engine.

• Like 1

If there were any justice in the world you would get banned and your server blacklisted for dropping GUIDs without proof.

If there were any justice in the world you would get banned and your server blacklisted for dropping GUIDs without proof.

If a dayz dev tells me what I posted is not a hack, I'll gladly take them down.

Wow I'm amazed at the lack of understanding of Arma going on in this thread. That wasn't a player locator it's how the mission/map is implemented. When a game starts there are a bunch of empty/AI controlled avatars. These are in a group somewhere off the very far edge of the map (debug plains as it's known). When you die your character is respawned waaaay off in those debug plains. Though you're not meant to see that as a script fires with the 'you are dead' screen. When you log back in the game detects that your last toon is dead and then puts you into a body of one of those AI avatars (so you can spawn in safely off map) and then moves you into the game world in whatever state you were in before (or fresh gear for a new spawn)

Edit: Just to clarify what was being seen in the video. You saw behind the curtain in terms of how technically the mission is structured. With the newbie level recruit/regular settings going on in that server you saw the locations of your 'team mates' (other survivor avatars) as well as had those list of players at the bottom.

This is not a hack, just a bug.

Edited by Nashable
  • Like 1

This is what a Player Finder looks like. It does not look like the ARMA II load-in/debug area.

heliosradardayzsshot3.jpg

Remove the GUID's or produce actual proof.

Edited by sp86

This is what a Player Finder looks like. It does not look like the ARMA II load-in/debug area.

heliosradardayzsshot3.jpg

Remove the GUID's or produce actual proof.

And you are going to tell us that that is NOT your hack we are seeing here right? You really need to stop trolling and learn to play without mommy's credit card... What a worthless POS.

And you are going to tell us that that is NOT your hack we are seeing here right? You really need to stop trolling and learn to play without mommy's credit card... What a worthless POS.

That isn't his, it's a demo screenshot from artificial aiming.

I admin a server. I need to know what's out there. So 1. It is a hack, just not mine 2. Being 26 I have my own credit cards and bank accounts and taxes and everything 3. I wasn't the one posting GUID's because I was too stupid to recognize a glitch.

That isn't his, it's a demo screenshot from artificial aiming.

Yup.

Edited by sp86

Player names were Boromir & Jay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvson2Vwoz0

//boromir

//GUID: 5dde736cdcc1cc63bb15c344eb67dc5e

//DayZ ID: 20142406

//jay

//GUID: eea1c3f4b1ba35049a600a6c409562cb

//DayZ ID: 24984417

Green DIAMONDS, are the AI markers originally in Arma, and that is not a player mark hack.

That player locator hack is RUNNING RAMPANT in nearly all FPS MMO games at the moment.

Sad state of affairs right now in MMO gaming... worse still is the fact gaming companies turn a blind eye to fixing the hack/cheat problem.