Sign in to follow this  
antrax0

Unknown population at servers

Made some searching and didnt found anything close to my idea.

Now is so easy to search for a low populated server, go to stary sobor, nw airfield, hospitals, etc. and get nice items. What about hiding the server population at the lobby? You would never know if there are 5, 15, or 40 players, and that would make it more realistic. Don´t know if this can be coded into the mod or if it would be easy to code into the standalone game, but its a feature i´d love to see implemented.

English is not my first language, but i think you get the idea.

Edited by Antrax0
  • Like 1

I get your point, but No never. It depends on your playing type, I go on low population servers because I just wanna survive and strive against mainly zombies not dodge bandits the whole time

It would definitely make things like opposition control, server hopping, farming, etc. more difficult - but the problem is that not everyone has the performance available to actually run the game on a full server. Until my upgrade two weeks ago, I couldn't join a server with more than 20 people. If you can't see how many are in the server before joining, you can't be certain the game will always be playable.

It would definitely make things like opposition control, server hopping, farming, etc. more difficult - but the problem is that not everyone has the performance available to actually run the game on a full server. Until my upgrade two weeks ago, I couldn't join a server with more than 20 people. If you can't see how many are in the server before joining, you can't be certain the game will always be playable.

Well, the population would be unknown for the players and local server admins (if possible), the hive would see everything just like now, to control server hopping and farming. And as long as this is a "realistic" survival game, what is more realistic than not knowing how many people are out there, trying to survive over you.

• Like 1

well, i agree with you, it would be better, why? because it would be more "realistic", and keep the game more surprising, always on your toes, and more harcore, maybe this option could be toggled on or off, like ranked or not ranked, dunno

by making this change it would also hide better the huge servers against hackers, almost all full i went in had a hacker

• Like 1