_Profile_Shame

persistent character body (alt+f4 fix),interiors for hollow buildings +NUDITY

ok to get this out of the way - nude character skins/underwear and the like so when you loot people for their clothes, they are literally left naked.. would be fun to rob people and send them out in their boxers

onto my main suggestion - persistent character body

so, its an extreme suggestion taking the hardcore foundation and running with it..

persistent character bodies -

when you log out, your character stays in a sleeping state. so if you log out in the middle of a field somewhere, youre fucked basically. to ease the pain, perhaps you could collect items (leaves for forest, blanket/boxes of different colours for interiors) that would be used to 'hide' the character. the longer you leave the character without a log in, the deeper into the ground it sinks(if you reverse this, you promote a different play style). it would likely shift the player base away from the coast and into the relative safety of the northern forests.

this would force people to think about every session with an enhanced sense of mortality - knowing that you need to find shelter to continue the character's life. it could also help in regards to the wire fencing 'exploits' where players are barricading areas without the ability to remove the fencing - having their character vulnerable to a grenade might deter some. There is also the obvious factor of eliminating alt + f4 pussies that log off when in trouble. they would be leaving their character unconscious and waiting for you.

thinking about this more - it doesnt seem possible. there would have to be a limit of server lists and iam assuming the entire process would be too much strain on the server. but since characters are meant to be tied to servers soon, is it possible?

EDIT -maybe a timer would ease load on server and make this possible? for example, your character survives for 10 mins then turns into an inaccessible pile of leaves/hiding place

-loaded interiors for hollow buildings

would it be possible to enter buildings that dont currently have interiors by loading an interior separate from the map? what i mean is having to go through a load screen to load a new map - the interior. i guess you could explain the load time logically by saying you have to maneuver your way out of the building, taking time since its otherwise boarded up. the insides would have to be modeled, and logically there would have to be different sizes and if possible random distribution of interior design..

there could be requirement of hatchet to break in, which would result in a broken graphic over the knob area to signify the house is open..

oh btw, the nudity bit is there simply to attract views you perverts

what say you internet

Said who to what now?

The persistence idea is an interesting one, but there are limits... and I'm not sure whether it would be exceeding them.

i can see it becoming an impossible mess of comatose bodies everywhere, eventually filling up the server with an excessive amount of loot and saved data. but if some wizard wants to come in here and suggest some sort of practical implementation, well that would be nice.

thanks for the bump.

I came here for the nudity, and left disappointed.

The idea of persistent character bodies seems cumbersome to me. That's all I really have to say about it.

ill preface the OP with nudity suggestions. Lull you in with a false sense of sexlexia.

again, thanks for the bump.

but since characters are meant to be tied to servers soon' date=' is it possible?

[/quote']

Source?

Interesting because I'm pretty sure rocket said DayZ used to work like that in pre-alpha and "it isn't going back". I'll try to find that quote.

EDIT: Meh can't find it, consider the above unconfirmed.

im pretty much just following quotes, so yeah thanks for looking

Interesting because I'm pretty sure rocket said DayZ used to work like that in pre-alpha and "it isn't going back". I'll try to find that quote.

EDIT: Meh can't find it' date=' consider the above unconfirmed.

[/quote']

i'll assume you based it off an actual quote, i know how hard it is to keep track of all the info passing by. what was your opinion on the ideas? mostly player bodies. if you're bothered.

I like what you wrote on interiors, the problem is that in every PVP games, players camp choke points, in the case of "teleport to enter" buildings, there is a VERY obvious choke point and no way for the person entering or exiting to react before the camper.

I like what you wrote on interiors' date=' the problem is that in every PVP games, players camp choke points, in the case of "teleport to enter" buildings, there is a VERY obvious choke point and no way for the person entering or exiting to react before the camper.

[/quote']

i like to think there are solutions for everything, so in this situation i would suggest a one way door (the entrance) that opens into something of a hallway which allows the player entering to ready their weapon before opening the doors to the interior.. there would obviously have to be an exit, there are usually back doors, maybe a window would suffice?

I really like the idea of persistant bodies because I think it will take it back to its true gameplay roots where mortality mattered, without the need for the broken bandit system. It will also prevent a lot of people from cheating by leaving the game just before they are going to be shot.

i am just worried that its not technically possible, though the timer fix may be a solution? would be good to get a knowledgeable opinion in here.

i am just worried that its not technically possible' date=' though the timer fix may be a solution? would be good to get a knowledgeable opinion in here.

[/quote']

Well, with a timer it would just add another few values to be saved and loaded, right? So it wouldn't be impossible?

yeah thats what i am hoping,it shouldnt be much more ontop of the already existing locational save... it would just spawn an npc tied to your characters life

Let's hope they can put this idea in because I'm tired of the cheaters that leave before they get shot.

+1

I understand the problems that this would solve and the overall beneficial aspects of it - but, even ignoring the incredible strain that would place on any server (perpetually processing your lifeless husk, leaving you in a never-ending queue and taking up space on an already over crowded game), let's talk about the fact that I don't want to be that tied down to this damn game. Hey, I love it, and it's provided me with 30ish hours of nonstop terror, fun, and a bit of swearing and shouting - but I don't love it enough to want to be concerned about it when I'm out with a girl, or shooting hoops with my friends. Nor do I want to feel like I can't just get up and walk away from it whenever the fuck I want to, y'know?

yeah i can see how its too extreme and would basically force you to play in order to sustain one life.. also the potentially impossible server load is something of an obstacle - though one can dream :D thanks for the comments

would the timer fix make it possible though? while it would suck logging into a dead character, i wouldnt mind too much..come across a sleeping player and the fun would begin

Let's hope they can put this idea in because I'm tired of the cheaters that leave before they get shot.

+1

it would be cool to get a wider scope of opinions, though atm persistent body looks pretty hard / not possible to implement in this way

Also shameless self bump

It would be cool to stumble across a sleeping player in the forest, steal his shit and knee-cap him.

By the way, I agree with the guy who mentioned how it would force people to be playing the game and that's pretty worrying.

And off topic, this reminded me of Metal Gear Solid where if you're dying and don't play for a while, you actually heal.

Persistent bodies can't work in a game like this IMO, it would just mean mass murder with even less consequences than there are at the moment. You remember those virtualpet Tamigotchi things from the 90's that required 24/7 input or they died? It would be worse than those, people just won't play it after a while because the majority of gamers have at least SOME form of a life.

what initially drew me into this mod was the idea that its an experiment - its essentially a sandbox with survivalist conditions and unmatched atmosphere

the idea behind persistent bodies was an attempt to force social interactions beyond shooting on sight since a safe shelter would be absolutely needed..

btw i am writing from the perspective of being ok with logging on and finding my character dead, since i enjoy the dynamic nature of the journey from coast to north ...thanks for the comment

It would be cool to stumble across a sleeping player in the forest' date=' steal his shit and knee-cap him.

By the way, I agree with the guy who mentioned how it would force people to be playing the game and that's pretty worrying.

And off topic, this reminded me of Metal Gear Solid where if you're dying and don't play for a while, you actually heal.

[/quote']

lol, i love mgs. yeah its a flawed idea, thanks for humoring the suggestion...

it would be awesome finding people and their stash..