FieldMedic

Weapon Flashlights

A question about weapon flashlights. I recently picked up a Remington shotgun with a flashlight equipped and couldn't figure out how to switch the light on. 'L' was the logical choice but it didn't seem to work.

Now, it was day-time when I tried this so maybe it isn't usable in the day and if that's the case then that's quite alright. I just wanted to know how it worked before it got dark and scary in-game :P

"L" is the default key. It probably works during day time, just hard to see without going to a darker area.

Awesome! Thanks guys!

I have any M4a1 holo with flashlight attachment, and for some reason pressing "L" does not turn on the flashlight. Any suggestions?

M4A1 HWS M203 to be exact. Dayz wiki > Holographic Collimator Sight, 203 Grenade Launcher & Flashlight

It works, but you literally can't see it at sun light.

pollycranopolis, make sure you don't try it on day light and also make sure that what you have is another attachment.

It works' date=' but you literally can't see it at sun light.

pollycranopolis, make sure you don't try it on day light and also make sure that what you have is another attachment.

[/quote']

Pitch black here.... no light

Gear says it's an M4 Holo, and it has a grenade launcher. The only m4 I see on the wiki with a launcher says it also has a flashlight.

[/quote']

Gear says it's an M4 Holo, and it has a grenade launcher. The only m4 I see on the wiki with a launcher says it also has a flashlight.

Yes i had the same problem, apparently it hasn't been scripted into the game to work, so its there, but will not work like the Remington flashlight attachment.

[/quote']

Yes i had the same problem, apparently it hasn't been scripted into the game to work, so its there, but will not work like the Remington flashlight attachment.

;(

I'm also unable to use the flashlight, for some reason. It will not work on the G17, M4A3 CCO, or the 870.

'L' apparently does nothing at any time of the day, including complete darkness, and changing the keybinding meets with similar results.

Frustrating.

Flashlights don't work during the day.

I found a Remington 870, and my first go with it at night the flashlight worked flawlessly, even when I remapped it to my mouse thumb button.

however, when i logged on again (still at night), the flashlight became spotty. Sometimes it'd turn on, and stay on even if i tried to turn off. I'd have to switch to my makarov to deactivate it.

Now, after moving through several servers, the thing won't turn on at all.

Is this a glitch or intentional? Please tell my they're not adding batteries to the game... I hardly used the flashlight.

Flashlights don't work during the day.

I found a Remington 870' date=' and my first go with it at night the flashlight worked flawlessly, even when I remapped it to my mouse thumb button.

however, when i logged on again (still at night), the flashlight became spotty. Sometimes it'd turn on, and stay on even if i tried to turn off. I'd have to switch to my makarov to deactivate it.

Now, after moving through several servers, the thing won't turn on at all.

Is this a glitch or intentional? Please tell my they're not adding batteries to the game... I hardly used the flashlight.

[/quote']

Tried the flashlight on my G17 and M4A3 CCO on FR8, didnt work, same on FR6, but did work for both weapons on FR7, couldnt turn it off though.

Back on FR8 it didnt work again.

I've had the same thing. Works fine on some servers and dosen't on others. Like the way item pickups sometimes take a while to register, I think it's a server thing, not game mechanics or intentional battery depletion or something. My guess is if you're on a server where the red/yellow chain is popping up often your gonna have a bad time with turning the flashlight on/off.

So along the same lines, i picked up a m16A4 ACOG a life or two ago, and it had an IRAD on it... i have never found NVG's, but is this functional in this game?(obviously cant see infra red beam without NVG's... but kewl if it works)

In ARMA 2 the laser + NVG combo is very common tools in night scenarios and help a ton. There's also laser markers to guide in airstrikes, etc.

I've had a G17 pistol and the light worked just fine. Not sure why it won't work on the M16. Have you tried pressing f to bring it up? (Not sure if it's neccecary but... hey.)

The flashlight is mostly a joke. Very unrealistic, and with the unrealistic pitch blackness of night, I can see why the server I play on when It's dark the server is empty. Having to turn up all the brightess settings just to see some contrast between shadows is a bad choice for a realistic survival sim. The night should be more realistic, and I have never seen a flashlight that lights up as this one does, It will light up eveything in its beam, no matter what the distance is. Should be more like the game Stalker as far as how the flashlights work and how dark it gets. They need to work on these before it goes gold. These 2 issues will cause a lot of people to blow the game off completely. Not to mention all the inventory glitches were you loose stuff. I'm sure these guys will get it together and it will work well. I hope.

I've noticed that if you have just finished messing with you inventory and hit the "L" key you'll have to move a little to get the light to aim where you will see it. Or if you do not have your arm out in front it will appear that you light is not working. It should also turn with your head, but that probably will not be doable.