Sign in to follow this  
WNxRip

So a hacker took our hele :(

Ok so basically we've got a clan of about 30 people who play DayZ, Right when the patch came out and helecopters were reintroduced into the game I found the hele on the island.

Well we fixed it up and then put it in a very isolated area that noone goes in.

So what i'm told is that a group of 4 immediately go on our server 2 hours later, find and raid both of our camps (on like opposite sides of the map) within the space of 5 minutes, all weapons gone and all tents empty (of weapons and anything of actual worth).

Our Helecopter which is also stashed kindof close to one of these camps was taken and they said they crashed it into the sea

Now I know what server these hackers came from but yeah (We believe they used a ESP hack).

Real question is: This was last monday morning that this happened, it is now 9 days later, we did a grid search of the entire map with all 30 of us, no hele has been active ingame and every mini square has been checked over twice.

If the hele is in the ocean shouldn't it have respawned after 7 days?

And if it's in the debug wasteland shouldn't it despawn after 24 hours?

We can't seem to find it, it's not on the map for sure, so it's either in debug or in the sea.

Anyone got any idea of what to do as we've got no hele on our server now which sucks considering it was literally hacked away from us :(

Edited by WNxRip

Well eighter wait and see if it respawns, or reassign the server for it to respawn. (if you choose to reassign, please be aware that all your vehicle and tents will dissapear.)

Edited by dannyboy92

Well eighter wait and see if it respawns, or reassign the server for it to respawn. (if you choose to reassign, please be aware that all your vehicle and tents will dissapear.)

Someone told me you can't do a hard reset of a server.

I mean theres about 7 of us in favour of a hard reset as we've all kindof come to the conclusion that this hele isn't coming back at all, we've done so many grid searches we've just kindof given up. The guys who took it knew we're a large clan and would find it eventually so they've either put it in the ocean or put it outside the map.

Cheers for the help, we'll see if we can try to push for a hard reset of our server because you can't really play this game without a hele, well you can but having a hele makes it alot funner :(

Helicopters isnt everything. I barely fly mine. My advise to you is just to forget about that heli for now, play the game with your clanmates and have fun. Sooner or later you will stumble upon someone flying it, or you will find it at its spawn. If you are 30players then atleast one of you should see it flying above cherno or nwaf or something. Then you can start looking.

Edited by dannyboy92

I've just been told that if you fly the hele out to the debug forest (or the plains near it) then the hele will never respawn and will stay there forever.

My plan is to now try to get out into that general area to see if thats where the hackers stashed it.

And as I said, NOONE is flying it, at all, it's not being used, it's not IN the map, so they've done something with it that means it's outside the map obviously, it's been 9 days now, it should have respawned 2 days ago at the latest, So they've hidden it in the debug plains from the looks of it. anyone know the easiest way to get there so I can do a quick check of the area to see if it's there?