Sign in to follow this  
YassirX

New Players is looking for Companions

Hello everybody, I am 21 years old and from Germany.

First a story about my experienced adventure:

I've discovered this game yesterday and have been playing about 8 hours till then (which I normally would not do! :)) and it has been a total blast.

Arma 2 kind of overwhelmed me with its reality back in those days where I played it a bit... but DayZ combines this aspect with a amazing post apocalyptic zombie simulation.

At the beginning I was totally lost, most likely cause of the fact that I did not even know the controls anymore... but after about 15minutes of playtime I was finally able to switch to Third-Person and was able to look behind myself while walking, quite an achievement.

I did spent an hour searching for any kind of weapon (while I had a hatchet in my bag), finally I realized that I can use the hatchet as a weapon. The first real weapon that I found was a Doubled Shotgun and while I was totally lost in the environment I luckily found "Elektro" (which I did not know of by that time). I sneaked into the supermarket and found a dead corpse with very good loot (Alice pack, map, binoculars and a Winchester), I equipped myself with all those items and visited the hospital for bandages and blood bags... afterwards I decided to give it a break as it was 2am at my country by then. The next day I decided to read some guides and watch some videos (double tap right click for close aiming, nice to know), people were suggesting to search for barns as weapons can be most likely found on those locations... as I already had a map, searching for those barns was not a hard task. After a couple of barns I had a AKM and a Pistol (M1911) and I had 10 Magazines for the Pistol and 3 for the AKM... and then came the so called "Destiny Barn"... coming from the hills I heard a fire fight and decided to look for the scenario with my binoculars, I saw a couple of people fighting against each other (I did see at least 3 different persons), one of them was in the barn and was looting a dead player corpse, my heart started to beat faster as it was the first time I did actually encounter a really dangerous situation... I could have just gone away and be safe, but I decided to get involved in the fight.

Those two guys who were outside the barn rushed into it and killed the guy who was busy with looting... I decided that this was the best time to show up. I toggled my AKM on full auto and raided into the building, before those two guys new what was happening they were lying dead on the ground, that were my first player kills.

So here was the situation: A small barn, 4 dead player corpses and some nice loot in the barn itself.

I searched the dead corpses and one of those guys was carrying a sniping rifle (DMR). My inventory was really full and I needed to manage my inventory to be able to carry all those valuable items with me... suddenly a zombie came into the barn and without hesitating I shot him in the head with my pistol, which was a failure. Suddenly I was hearing dozens of zombies moaning, coming for my head... I was really over-strained with the situation, so I just shot every zombie who was entering the barn... after 3 minutes I killed 28 zombies and they all were filling up the barn... (imagine all those bullet shots that I made... I think it could be heard all around the map). I thought I was done... looking at my health I recognized that I was on low blood... I wanted to use one of the blood bags that I've looted, when I suddenly recognized that they are not usable (I searched the internet afterwards to recognize that I need another player for that)... well, that was really bad.

...at that point I just ran out of the barn and right at the second I was leaving it, a sniper shot me in the head ---> "Your'e Dead".

What I've learned from it?

Never stay to long at one location.

Do not make 28 bullet shots without switching positions,

...and not being greedy with loot.

last but not least:

Traveling with other players can be life saving.

...so who wants to travel with me?

Edited by YassirX
  • Like 1

I am 20 years old from Greece!!! I am a somewhat experienced player but just don't lend me something and expect to get it back... :P

• Like 1

I am 20 years old from Greece!!! I am a somewhat experienced player but just don't lend me something and expect to get it back... :P

Yeah that's alright :)

Want to play together? My SteamID is YassirX.

Edited by YassirX
  • Like 1

I'm up. Badly looking for a companion in-game, so lonely to go solo. I'm new to DayZ too. I'm 21 y/o btw and from the Philippines. Hit me up if you want to team-up, ID is jobzon2121.

I'm up for helping or teaming up with anyone. I currently play with a few friends but they do not get on until later. If anyone would like to teamup my id is Cbraccia91.

Currently I'm next to the Elektro supermarket with 1.4k HP :P

Message me on steam or on here.

Looking for players to play with ! im a beginner to DayZ so im looking to find someone is new ..hit me up if you want to team up with me

Steam iD is trollface981 add me or message me :-) ...

Me and my buddies always looking for peeps to play with....look me up steam Tango

Hi.

Playing dayz for almost a week now. Currently gearing up stage. Steam - SoloME27.

And yes, i'm russian.

UPD: 23 years

Edited by CosmicMidget

Thanks for all the reply's, I've tried to add as much people as possible and it think that it is the best to gather in a SteamGroup.

With this purpose I created a group called "Survivor Squad", everybody who wants to team up can join the Group and use the Groupchat to team up with other members.

Link: http://steamcommunit...vivorsquaddayz/

Does somebody have a private Teamspeak-Server that we could use?

I do actually have a public server... but I would only use it if there is no other way around.

Edited by YassirX