Sign in to follow this  
XSYST (DayZ)

Prevent Wallhacking (ESP) against players

Hello DayZ Development Team, hello community,

I have a suggestion which could fix a lot of trouble in our beloved dayz mod.

First I have to inform you how I get those Infos.

As I was a former Multiplayergamecheater (Yes, i was, screw me I was weak and dumb) I have lots of accounts on those platforms which sell cheats for several games, interested as I am, I monitor many threads about Arma2/DayZ. The cheats they offer to other peoples/assholes have all the same bugs and features. Features are like following ESPs (Tent, Vehicle, Zombie, Players, Item) which means they can see everything throughout the hole map, hiding your gear is almost not possible.

But there is a bug, which is known by the coders, but it seems it is NOT possible to fix this, since its known by the release of the hacks.

If a player goes unconscious he WILL dissappear from the esp screen, which means that the hacker will not see your position again.

My idea is, that EVERY player who connects to a gameserver goes unconscious while the "Setup completed" screen flashes. Its enough if you are 1 second unconscious. Since then no hacker can see your position, he can still locate your tents, cars and shit but he cant relocate you, so you are able to assrape the little idiot, but only he is not a scriptkiddie with godmode on.

Other hackers with the simple esp, can still get killed by that.

My question to the developers is, IS it possible to make every newconnecter unconscious for just a really small amount of time?

And is the community okay with such an Idea?

I already contactet rocket on facebook and the development team via twitter but i guess you dont have time to read those messages.

Greetings from Germany.

There hasn't been a single game in the entire video game history that managed to successfully prevent ESP hacks and you expect this one to do it?

So they stop it for a day, then the hack is modified and we are back to square one, ESP hacks are the least of my concern right now.

Edited by smasht_AU

hacker was slayed, his tents were robbed, hacker writes in the forum ... oh wait - sorry, but can not take your post seriously

Edited by oppa

okay dudes, i understand your mentions but just listen to me

since you go unconscious, the hacks think, "person is dead" period. and since that bug is known by the very start of those hacks i GUESS its not sooo easy to fix, at least it could be a try, if it fails, well, we had a few hours of playing without player esp. what are you scared of and oppa, even if I got banned (which i am clearly not since im not hacking in dayz) whats the matter? its an idea which could help all of us

You clearly know very little about the hacks you use if you think this is going to be a solution for more than a couple of days and I am being generous here, since the development team is so small I'd rather they spend their time on something that is going to be worthwhile longterm

Edited by smasht_AU

lol this forum is full of people just waiting to shit on new thread posters

i think it would work for a short time period

but the problem is, you would need the "dead" status all the time, because the hack could have a "scan function" to determine player's status. I personally think it is not that difficult to implement such a function and always find the current player status. so here is the dead end for you idea. there should be other options to prevent many hacks, but there will always be hacks. ^^

So they stop it for a day, then the hack is modified and we are back to square one, ESP hacks are the least of my concern right now.

Exactly. How about let's focus on hackers using godmode, teleportation, invisibility, weapon spawns, and vehicle spawns before something as minor as wallhacking. Lets get our priorities straight shall we?

I dont have any arguements, I just wrote down an idea which could help us, if it fails, well fuck then we at least tried it.

I wouldnt post that if I am not serious about it, the pages on those hacking forums are filled with threads where other players report that esp-bug, since the hack-coders dont give a single solution or bugfix, i GUESS its hard for them to fix it, otherwise they would obviously fix it.

@Stings2pee

The problem of those hacks, which are all script based, is that you can't handle them with BE. its not possible, period. be bans many players for scripting but they dont give a fuck since the game does not cost much. The Arma2 engine is too exploitable, as unreal tournamend back in the years because its main focus set target for single player. BE is not worse then vac2 or punkbuster, the game is too cheap so hackers dont give a shit when they get banned. Most of the hackers can buy a new key every 2 weeks. The private hacks which are well coded, well i didnt see them i dont know how the ban status is for them, i guess they wont get banned ever because they use the ring0 technoligy.

My opinion is that we at least could try it as i said many times. Even if it is only works for a couple of days, it just says that there is always a way to fight back.

Fair enough, I just can't see it working for more than a couple of days, no other game I know of has been able to avoid those types of cheats and given this is the most hacked game I have ever played, I have little faith this would be the first.

Edited by smasht_AU

can't belive people are actually coming here saying that they cheat. someone ban this kid allready

• Like 1

Here a few posts from those hacking forums:

Pro Tip: players that gets knocked out disappears from the ESP

Tested and confirmed

--

Credits Account

Re: Pro Tip: players that gets knocked out disappears from the ESP

Ain't it obvious what the tip is. If u wanna be invisible for other peoples ESP. U should run around unconcious!

That's the only reason I can think of that would make this a pro tip.

---

Originally Posted by Keel They're unconscious, so you probably haven't got much to worry about. If it really bothers you that much you could always revive them with an epi-pen.

thing is, when they get back up they don't reappear on the ESP.

---

Credits Account

Re: Minor player ESP glitch

This happened to me today, I was chasing 2 guys and got 1 of them, but the other guy had disappeared! I assumed he disconnected, but he was around the corner and got me -__-;;

Anyone find a fix to this? Tried resetting everything.

they post that SINCE may! this are 3 month and they could NOT fix the problem. we could have a chance here...

Edited by XSYST

@b1scuits

as you can read i already said that i WAS a former hacker, i am not using onlinecheats since 2009, and i am not a kid, 25years old wise man buddy

Edited by XSYST

yeah but we are supposed to believe that are we? you gave up your right to be believed by saying that you are a hacker

no, of course you are not supposed to believe me that i stoped hacking.

1. why should i make a post against hacking, if am a hacker myself?

2. even if i am still hacking (which i am obv not), its still worth a try, seriously, the coders werent able to fix that bug since 3 month.