Sign in to follow this  
musicrab

Standalone Alpha - what will the "low price point" be?

Standalone Alpha - what will the "low price point" be?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. OK how much will it cost? In US dollars if you please

he said in an interview around 1 month ago: "a standalone should not cost more than 15$"... so i guess: 10-20$ depending in which part of creationprocess you buy it ;)

low price point is low...?

Speculation is speculation.

Patience is a virtue.....!

Edited by ironman Tetsuo

I really think $20 is extremely cheap. I hope they bring out DLC and other cash sinks into this game for players so that devs have a financial incentive to develop the game more.

• Like 1

minecraft was 15$ at first alpha stage so im guessing dayz wont be more than 15 euros or $$$

I hope they bring out DLC and other cash sinks into this game for players so that devs have a financial incentive to develop the game more.

You are serious about that? All developments should and, I believe from studying rockets views, will be free to anyone who has bought the standalone game. A DLC trickle which gives some the upper game or splits the game community is a retarded idea. That path has been well trodden and is partly what led to the anomalous success of dayz.

I would pay up to $60 for a standalone DayZ. This is the most fun I have had in a game for a long time.

You are serious about that? All developments should and, I believe from studying rockets views, will be free to anyone who has bought the standalone game. A DLC trickle which gives some the upper game or splits the game community is a retarded idea. That path has been well trodden and is partly what led to the anomalous success of dayz.

DLC in the form on a new map would work.

• Like 1

In agreement with Switchblyde, i think DLC maps would work as a cash point for further incentive and funding. Especially if they were as large and detailed as Chernarus. I mean, its a whole new game again then right ?

DLC map packs split the player base, I've never liked the practice and wish devs would stop doing it.

Do publishers realise how many games I haven't bought because coming to the party late means having to buy the game and several DLC packs at once just to catch up?

Edited by ironman Tetsuo
  • Like 1

I always believe that DLC, like most stated here, ruins games unless they are able to add DLC wich wont give benefits over other players. The DLC wich could give some extra funding to a game should be cosmetic and not power packs.

The idea of new maps might or might not work. I have noticed in games like CoD that maps just atract the hardcore players and the casual games will definetly not benefit from it. Maybe a new twist to the idea is to open up new parts of the map, but the main area will stay the same and ofcourse have the best loots.