Sign in to follow this  
matzepechi@aol.com

No Key is written to my registry

Hi,

I can't start ARMA 2 OA because Steam doesn't write a key into my registry... I have already reinstalled the game and worked out the Forums troubleshooting guide with no success.

Wrong CD Key

You get this error when running the beta patch, the way i fix it for users is to:

• Exit Steam
  • Run Steam as Administrator
  • Right Click ARMA 2 > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache | Let it run
  • Launch ARMA 2 let the game load to the main menu, then exit.
  • Right Click ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache | Let it run
  • Right Click ARMA 2 Operation > Set Luanch Options | Remove any text that is located in there, then close it.

Everything is ok until this step.

• Launch ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead (NOT COMBINED OPS) let it load to the main menu then exit.

If i try to launch Operation Arrowhead it tells me " No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow' ".

then i can click ok Arma continues loading and my screen turns black for a part of a second and then i get the error " Error copmiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0 "

• Get the beta file Right click > Run as Administrator and let it install.

So i skipped it and tried to install the latest beta patch and the Patcher tells me "Wrong CD Key"

At least i checked my registry and there i have been able to so whats the problem.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Wow6432Node -> Bohemia Interactive Studio -> ArmA 2

I found the Key for arma 2 in the registry but for arma 2 oa

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Wow6432Node -> Bohemia Interactive Studio -> ArmA 2 OA

was no Key written into the registry. I can see the folder in the registry but nothing is in it -.-

So can anyone tell me how to get my original Steam Key written into my registry?

As long as you've launched ArmA 2 and ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead independently PRIOR to installing the beta patch then it should work.

Have you copied and pasted the "arma2oa.exe" from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta to the root directory? It will prompt you to overwrite the old .exe file, hit "yes".

Also, have you set your launch options when launching Combined Operations from Steam? If not, go to Steam Library, find ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead, right click, properties, set launch options. Copy and paste this:

-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@dayz -nosplash

I copied the arma2oa.exe form my beta to my root directory and added the launch options.

Now the game Starts and the screen DAYZ appears and in tell me Wait a moment for one or two secconds then the window is shutting down and the message Bad serial number given in Setup appears...

Edited by Peche

Hmm. That's a start I suppose.

And it still doesn't let you launch regular ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead? For me, I deleted my registry "KEY" files and they immediately get replaced when I launch the game to the main menu.

Sometimes Steam can be a little wonky though...

Perhaps deleting your registry.blob file may work in refreshing the Steam client upon logging in (this method is typically used to fix invalid Steam ID errors of Valve games). Also ensure you launch Steam as administrator.

Other than that I can't really think of anything you're doing wrong. :s

Hopefully this helps though.