Sign in to follow this  
Pertasonic12

Pre-Purchase Questions

Im interested in buying Dayz but im unsure whether my laptop will be able to run it.

SPECS:

OS- Windows 7

Processor- Intel Core i3 cpu

Memory- 4gb

Directx- Directx11

Graphics card- Intel Hd

Also does the game require high speed internet?

Any answer would be great. Thanks:)

Difficult to say, laptops arent ideal for gaming. That being said I run it fine on my laptop, my specs are similar to yours ecept with an i5 processor.

If you go to this site - http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/ - you can check if your system meets the specs. Although dont trust it 100%, accordign to that site my laptop shouldnt be able to run ArmA II - but it runs it just fine as long as I dont have the settings on insanely high.

Canyourunit.com <--- Select arma 2 Operation arrowhead & Done

Take mah beans! I needed a site like this!

...WHAT! BELOW MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS ON DAYZ!? I CAN STILL PLAY IT!...Useless program

Edited by Beanus

Canyourunit.com <--- Select arma 2 Operation arrowhead & Done

This can be somewhat misleading.. The majority of people can run arma just fine, but DayZ is another story. A lot depends on the server your in.

if your ping is good and you set yourself to Low settings there should be no problem when you pass it @ the site the site checks the min / max setting requirements not the normal settings

I tested my laptop on that website and it was just below minimum:( . Is there a noticable difference in gameplay on minimum specs?

You will be disappointed in the low resolution and low graphics settings you'll need in order to get 18-30 fps.

Also research the rampant hacking and serious bugs described on this forum. If you wouldn't buy Arma II for

itself, then you might feel you've wasted your money once you find out just how 'alpha' and broken the DayZ

mod really is. Also, because the standalone has just been announced, don't expect the alpha to be developed

into a beta and then a final; it is destined to remain a broken alpha.

I'm not saying don't buy it, but do your research first to avoid feeling that you've wasted your time and money.

You could always try the free demo out. At least that'd give you a real idea on how well Arma would run, but like someone said before, it's a bit different with DayZ.

Graphics card- Intel Hd

I don't think game will normally run on integrated graphics card :rolleyes: