Sign in to follow this  
jezex90

About Corpserunning

The ability to return to your corpse and pick up where you left off is a common feature in most online games.

In DayZ, as it stands this feature is no different; if you get sniped a mile away by a hawkeyed bandit across a field and he's too lazy to reap his spoils, you can effectively loot your old self and continue where you left off.

Whilst not a dire feature requiring immediate attention I think that players should be unable to loot the corpse of their previous lives; it detracts from immersion and is borderline exploitative of the system.

TLDR; Remove ability to loot own corpse= Difficulty+

There's always gonna be a way around this. Especially for players in groups, they'll just pick up your stuff and give it back to you after you return.

Eh. Meta-gaming is a part of the game. TeamSpeak telepathy/Alt-Tab Mapping(or 2nd Screen)/loot table searching/etc. etc. is super prevalent in this game and is an impossible behavior to stop.

The punishment for corpse running is that if you are really far inland chances are you've been looted or despawned by the time you get there. If its on the shore line? Chances are you never had much of anything good anyways and can restart well enough by finding five barns or so.

Meh. The difficulty ain't that high and replacing weapons isn't too hard. People who need to corpse-run probably already lost their mil-grade loot.

I agree with ytman. I don't think that it would give anything to the game but frustration and the time spent to fix that could be a lot better spent.

I understand the OP about how to keep the feeling of the world but there is no way to stop the meta, as I see it it's better to just embrace it :)

Just tag the bitches. Last person that shot the other person is the ONLY one that can loot. If it was a Z that killed whoever then NO ONE gets it. Remove tents, storage, etc. If you have any possibility to get what you lost back. Why even re-spawn then, just so you can say I died or that the game can tell you so?

Why not just knock us out for x amount of minutes? Cause someone will take everything and you can't survive with nothing? Which actually sounds better to me than spawning back at the beach or where ever again anyway...if death by player. If by Z I guess to the beach with you!

Meh. Hopefully something will change in the future to make it more meaningful when you die. I'm dead...and? Oh I gotta run for a bit to retrieve my shit. Hope that I don't die next time 'cause I'll have to run some more. Err.

I mean if rocket (he doesn't have to reply here just says something about it some where) has some explanation on how this makes any sense (dying, but being able to retrieve everything you lost negating your death anyway) then whatever, but I just don't get it. If it's perma death, then you should have no possibility what so ever to get your shit back imo.

How hard is it to assume when you spawn back on the beach after death, your just another survivor, rather than the reincarnated being of your prior self. I think it'd be more unrealistic to be unable to loot your own corpse, under the assumption that it IS your own corpse. Awkward.

You know that dead bodies and all their associated gear despawn after a very short interval, right?

The ability to return to your corpse and pick up where you left off is a common feature in most online games.

In DayZ' date=' as it stands this feature is no different; if you get sniped a mile away by a hawkeyed bandit across a field and he's too lazy to reap his spoils, you can effectively loot your old self and continue where you left off.

Whilst not a dire feature requiring immediate attention I think that players should be unable to loot the corpse of their previous lives; it detracts from immersion and is borderline exploitative of the system.

[i']TLDR; Remove ability to loot own corpse= Difficulty+

From a Roleplaying perspective.. meta-gaming is one of the greatest sins, but it's unavoidable. Some people do it, and others don't.. it all depends on the person. Say you accidentally stumbled upon your corpse, didn't realize it was yours, and looted it. Should you be punished? I don't think you should be punished either way.. It's really a moral/meta-gaming issue that can't be solved.

Edit: On an unrelated note.. I loved Big Hat Logan in DaS. Such a good game...

You know that dead bodies and all their associated gear despawn after a very short interval' date=' right?

[/quote']

This is a bug right now. Being addressed in 1.5.9

p4lztZ is on to something i think.. Players tents and saved vehicles (if unclaimed) should despawn when the player dies, perhaps after 10-15 minutes of the player dying, that or the owner should not be able to see whats inside (blank inventory).

I think running an hour to a body that may or may not be looted is punishment enough. I dont see it being exploitative. Reguardless in the new patch Rocket is changing body despawn to around 5 minutes. So you got your request.