Sign in to follow this  
malau

The murderer problem

I think only change they should make, would be making zombies the real threat, now theyre just a minor inconvinience for a deathmatcher.

If you really would have to think twice before pulling that trigger, but that would have to be for everyone, not just for bandits.

I get it, its annoying when that twat stops his joy ride just to gun down a survivor who just found his hatchet.

But deathmatchers makes the game (dont start with the mod bs, its annoying) harder for me, and I dont play this game for lootz, but for try and survive as long as possible.

So no, no need to change anything, except the zombie part, theyre way too easy to kill and pose no threat at all.

Deathmatching is easy, thats why cod is so popular, the real challenge for me, is try to survive without the need to kill.

Not really, he implied it anyway, I was just 'taking the bait' on his behalf. ;)

The problem with you people is that you either can't read, or just choose not to. I think I've said at least twice (in this thread alone) that banditry and PvP is fine by me, it's the asshats that sit under a pine tree, sniping hatchet noobs, that ruin the game. It's pretty much 'I'm not good enough to play Battlefield 3, so I snipe people that can't return fire in DayZ'.

And again... It isn't co-op with friends or people that you met online that we need more of. It's those random interactions in-game that used to happen a few months back that I want back. There is no 'is this guy friendly?' parnanoia dilemma any more, you just know he isn't because everyone shoots on sight now, whether it's because they're a bandit or just because they're scared that you'll shoot them. The fear is gone and it's just becoming a deathmatch with AI zombies.

And just lol @ being bad at PvP... Competitive FPS player here, mate.

• Like 1

it's the asshats that sit under a pine tree, sniping hatchet noobs, that ruin the game.

haha. thats one way to express yourself ;)

Now that it has been announced that the game will become standalone, something HAS to be done to solve the problem of players who shoot other players.

There comes a point - usually when you have managed to find good weapons yourself - when you are needlessly murdered by a dickhead and you lose the lot, that you think to yourself "What is the point of playing this ? There's no purpose to this game. I have to start all over again with nothing !".

As a standalone, I wouldn't spend money on something that has no point and has no long term gameplay.

Also. as a standalone game, DayZ stands to be murdered by WarZ - which REWARDS PLAYERS WITH XP TO LEVEL UP, and has real trading etc. DayZ has NOTHING.

To fix the murderer problem which is killing the MOD, I suggest.....

* If you murder a player then Zombies will become x percent more able to seek you out.

AND/OR

* When you murder a player, the FADE aiming feature will kick in making it EXTREMELY DIFFICULT for the murderer to aim his/her weapon for x minutes.

* Make it impossible for a player to shoot his/her weapon at another player WHOSE WEAPON IS LOWERED.

OF COURSE, WE ALSO NEED A LEVELLING SYSTEM WITH XP - SOMETHING TO CREATE A PURPOSE AND A REASON TO KEEP COMING BACK.

You aren't ment to stay at the "top" for more than a few hours. In this game, life expectency is simmilar to the one in roguelike games. Better gear doesn't protect you, you still die as quickly from a makarov to the face.

Leveling systems are stupid, it sadden me to see that lots of players today are unable to play, even a team based game if there is no element of grind/leveling. So now the addicts DEMAND marketing teams to fuel the addictive behavior they created... great.

Grinding and addictive mechanics are the laziest, most half assed way to make an entertaing game. Actually your game doesn't even need to be good these days, simply highly addictive.

• Like 3

as many said before, the reason why some players are griefing is the fact that there is nothing else to do once you learn to survive..

when this Alpha testing will be over the problem will solve itself..

you will not run into towns and just have all the zombies follow you for hours and lose them in buildings.. attracting a horde of zombie will be suicide.. one will think twice before shooting without any reason because it will be dangerous..

I don't know how to put this nicely but here goes !

You Sir are a fucking idiot. -----> nicest possible way I could put it.

Your suggestion is retarded and looks like it was formed by a 12 year old girl who plays levelling up MMO's, gave DayZ a go and just got killed off the coast of Cherno.

Quit your bitching idiot. You can't punish players for the path they choose to play.

haha. thats one way to express yourself ;)

Unfortunately, the only way that works. u,u

They just skim read and assume I'm crying about all forms of player killing, when in fact fearing bandits is part of what makes this game fun for me, otherwise.

you should of never got the mod if you dont like getting killed its going to happen... and goto wayz its good for complainers like you who want "safe zones and skills/levelling"

Edited by Li1 GH0ST

you should of never got the mod if you dont like getting killed its going to happen... and goto wayz its good for complainers like you who want "safe zones and skills/levelling"

soo.. whats the point of having a suggestionforum if noone can write the ides they have? i dont like all idees i read, but that dont make me write dumb stuff to that person either. If this would be a 100% complete game, then i would recommand him/her to thoose another game. But i belive this is an alpha there nothing is decided?! Come on now. let people write down there ides and if you dont like them just write "No" ore just ignore the thread.

soo.. whats the point of having a suggestionforum if noone can write the ides they have? i dont like all idees i read, but that dont make me write dumb stuff to that person either. If this would be a 100% complete game, then i would recommand him/her to thoose another game. But i belive this is an alpha there nothing is decided?! Come on now. let people write down there ides and if you dont like them just write "No" ore just ignore the thread.

he wants to penalize player killers and i know there annoying sometimes but theres no good reason for it pvp is a big part of this mod and trying to punish it is taking out a key element zombies are more like a roadblock you see them try to stay away (for me anyways) and if not just kill em... however players make the game fun you dont know when your gonna get sniped or if someone will trick you into something or you'll go for a trap. without bandits all you do is group with some people get good gear maybe fly/drive around and shoot zombies...

and why would they add levelling <-- quote that and post to tell me what are your ideas for levelling (not against it compleatly just want to find some good ideas out there about it)

Far too many people murder because they are afraid you will do the same to them also something needs to be done about people who get good weapons up north then go down to elektro/cherno and kill people fresh from their spawns thinking they're good bandits, they're not, they're just dicks.

the question you need to answear yourself is "what shall i do when i got all i need?".

Unfortunately, right now the answer to your question for many players is "lets kill some shit!" and thus, people complain about player killing. The reason why is because most people dont have the imagination to come up with all the crazy stuff like helping others, killing players with hatchets and such.

Also. There will never be a punishment for playing in a certain way. Being a bandit is a choise the player made, you cant punish them for that. You will have to accept the fact that there will always be bandits. Your best option is to try to avoid them, if you do not enjoy pvp.