Sign in to follow this  
Adam5596

ALT + F4'ing / DC'ing

So me and a few of my friends have been playing DayZ for a while now and have been developing our current characters for quite some time. We have looted most of Chernarus and have now taken to player killing and have a mainly shoot-on-site mentality, except when we are near the coast, as we usually like to try to avoid killing newly spawned players when we can. Anyway, we often makes trips to heavily populated areas like the NWAF and Stary Sobor. Naturally we come across other players and squads quite often. However, whenever we fire upon these players (and we almost always hit them and deliver fatal shots) 99% of these players disconnect before they "die" and we are unable to loot their bodies. One occasion jumps to mind when we were looting the NWAF and we ambushed by another squad. When we fired back, and turned the tides in our favor (specifically hitting all members with at least a few bullets up close) they disconnected and their bodies were nowhere to be found.

My main reason for bringing this up is to ask the community at large what their take is on this type of behavior. In my opinion it is a form of cheating, and while player killing IS a questionable matter, ALTF4'ing the second you get shot at is not justified. I also ask what can be done about this. I had one idea which was to add what I termed: a "DC Buffer" where when a player disconnects from a server, their character remains active and ultimately vulnerable for 30-45 seconds. This would prevent people from panic DC'ing whenever they get shot at. Another addition could be the ability to do a "soft-logout" where when you want to logout, you must stay stationary for 15 seconds, before logging out.

I do have footage of players being shot at and then disconnecting if anyone is interested.

This game isn't ready for such a buffer, not for a long while. Right now Alt+F4 is the only defense against hackers. Until hackers can be eradicated into a tiny minority, Alt+F4 should stay the way it is.

• Like 1

million unique players

no1 gives a shit about some group that didnt want to lose their crap

Search the forums mate.

Theres like 1000 threads on this already.

Also read patch release nots. You'll see whats being done about it

But i agree. These people are cowards

• Like 1

million unique players

no1 gives a shit about some group that didnt want to lose their crap

wow! SOOO helpfull.

I'd agree with you, Except for the fact that it's not just some "group" It's 90% of the population.

• Like 1

wow! SOOO helpfull.

I'd agree with you, Except for the fact that it's not just some "group" It's 90% of the population.

better stop using the DMR then

less people might get away

Alt + F4 is the only reason needed for the .50 sniper rifles NOT being taken out of the game. There are many other reasons for them not being taken out, but to me, with all the assholes I kill in the hills of elektro, I want an AS50 so they don't disconnect with all their gear they're using to kill noobs.

Yea it sucks, the last handful of people I killed/almost killed did exactly what you are talking about and I'm left with nothing. Its a game people, if you get attached to your character, this mod isn't for you.

as we usually like to try to avoid killing newly spawned players when we can.

I do greatly appreciate this and wish more people would adopt it.

DCing is cheap.

PvP is justified with the exception of killing an unarmed person

but then again DCing is only way to counter hackers :(

Edited by Leaper229