imatsfo

When to Trust

This is a forum to share experiences with other players.

Honestly I have been trying to be friendly with everybody and talk to them first before killing. Most of them were trying to kill me as soon as they heard my voice, only 3 out of many people have come out friendly and shared loot and secrets.

• Like 1

Here's how interactions with other players turn out at most points.

option one: You get shot in the chest from an unknown distance by an unknown person.

option two: You see another survivor. You ask "Friendly?". He shoots you.

option three: You meet another survivor. He seems friendly. You speak to each other for a few seconds, and when you turn your back, you either find a hatchet or a bullet buried deep into your skull.

option four, my favorite option: You meet a large group of survivors. You carry on with them for a while, finding a very nice tent filled with all sorts of items. You take a satchel charge from the tent before anyone notices them. Hours later, after joining their teamspeak and saving their lives a few times, you sit down next to a campfire because one of them wants to take a picture. You place the satchel charge on top of the fire, the movement being pushed off by other survivors as you screwing with the fire. You quickly make some distance and touch off the explosive. You then proceede to kill any survivors of the blast, loot the bodies, then leave the teamspeak server. Then you take one person's 50 cal. and hide all the bodies. You then destroy their vehicles.

Option four almost always works, by the way.

• Like 1

Err... no one can be trusted in apocalypse... Try find someone to group with you in talk groups. Never a good idea to contact with well-armed in game before he dies - -!

Here's how interactions with other players turn out at most points.

option one: You get shot in the chest from an unknown distance by an unknown person.

option two: You see another survivor. You ask "Friendly?". He shoots you.

option three: You meet another survivor. He seems friendly. You speak to each other for a few seconds, and when you turn your back, you either find a hatchet or a bullet buried deep into your skull.

option four, my favorite option: You meet a large group of survivors. You carry on with them for a while, finding a very nice tent filled with all sorts of items. You take a satchel charge from the tent before anyone notices them. Hours later, after joining their teamspeak and saving their lives a few times, you sit down next to a campfire because one of them wants to take a picture. You place the satchel charge on top of the fire, the movement being pushed off by other survivors as you screwing with the fire. You quickly make some distance and touch off the explosive. You then proceede to kill any survivors of the blast, loot the bodies, then leave the teamspeak server. Then you take one person's 50 cal. and hide all the bodies. You then destroy their vehicles.

Option four almost always works, by the way.

Does Opt.4 work? In some Ivan's servers everybody let no flesh out of his sight alive...

Edited by flyfire2002

I spent a good 4 hours driving up and down the coast, giving every new spawn a lift wherever they wanted and anything they wanted from the car, nobody tried to kill me after grabbing one of the guns, was I just lucky?

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 5

I spent a good 4 hours driving up and down the coast, giving every new spawn a lift wherever they wanted and anything they wanted from the car, nobody tried to kill me after grabbing one of the guns, was I just lucky?

Yes, very. Next time, you should play Cash Cab with whoever gets in.

When they get 3 strikes, you boot them out and honk the horn to attract all the zombies.

• Like 4

Wow you are a real nice guy, yeah I'd say you're really lucky they didn't shoot you for your car or anything.

The more I play, the less I trust. Only time I will ever trust someone is if they are in the open, I'm hidden with plenty of cover (And haven't been found yet.) and they agree to put away or drop their gun and move away from me.

Shoot on sight for me means I shoot if I am sighted. I've been shot at under so many circumstances. I can't trust anyone I've not been playing with for more than a few days. There are a few regulars on my server I may make an exception for if I ever see them in game. (No name tags, so hard to tell, but I've yet to kill any of them so that's good.)

I am envious of you for meeting three kind strangers in game. You might say my group met two in Cherno, but we had 6, they had 2...so them submitting to us might be because of that. Although we did help with with blood transfusions and the like.

Take caution when interacting with others. Some may not be bandits or killers, just really damn paranoid like myself. My group does say I am a bit jumpy...and it is true for good reason.

Edited by mFish

I'm trust worthy I met these 2 guys when I spawned from dying and gave them a ghillie suit and a alice pack which I found while looting then I got good karma and found a camo outfit, antibiotics another alice pack akm and m9-sd and now I look boss

When they get 3 strikes, you boot them out and honk the horn to attract all the zombies.

I genuinely just loled.

Best comment ever. May I quote that for my signature?

Edited by Rokor Fenix

I genuinely just loled.

Best comment ever. May I quote that for my signature?

Absolutely. I chuckled as I wrote it. Hopefully someone does it and posts it on YouTube.

Never ever fully trust someone.

I've made that mistake, turned round and carried on looting and then when I had finished clearing out an ENTIRE BUILDING the person that had been covering me shot me...for "funsies".

I also called out friendly several times to someone infront of me (they hadn't seen me and didn't reply) so I opened up on them with my ak.

Never?

I'd only trust someone I know in real life.

PLEASE. TAKE ALL MY BEANS.

• Like 1

it's often easier to befriend people in the newspawns and help them get weapons. Some people shoot you in the back as soon as they get tooled up, but many are grateful for the help and prefer to team up.