Sign in to follow this  
Yeni

Best place to find Camps?

I'm interested in finding campsites, so I heard the west side of the map is the best place, but is there anywhere else people tend to place camps?

around the edge of the map, both north and west side.

I've been looking also, sadly haven't come up with anything, I know I should feel ashamed of trying to steal from other players, but whatever, I've been killed at NWAF and stary by so many zombies I'd rather get my NVG'S elsewhere.

From Black Lake, search North and East until the coast - that little corner until you hit the inlet on the North or water on the East. On most servers I'd guess there's an average of two vehicles hidden in the same area.

Edited by Bubba Jones

around the edge of the map, both north and west side.

I've been looking also, sadly haven't come up with anything, I know I should feel ashamed of trying to steal from other players, but whatever, I've been killed at NWAF and stary by so many zombies I'd rather get my NVG'S elsewhere.

I only raid tents - well about 90% of my time. It's much easier to get items that way.

My buddy and I found some just going along the north edge. Started by the inlet in the north east.

So you guys actually put effort into stealing other players gear wich they spent hours to gather? Basically risk-free operations in the woods, how lame..

And with that said i'm not saying it shouldn't be possible. I'm just suprised by the amount of douchebags in this game. Like bandits killing you on sight even if unarmed, they don't even have the guts to talk with you.

• Like 1

So you guys actually put effort into stealing other players gear wich they spent hours to gather? Basically risk-free operations in the woods, how lame..

And with that said i'm not saying it shouldn't be possible. I'm just suprised by the amount of douchebags in this game. Like bandits killing you on sight even if unarmed, they don't even have the guts to talk with you.

Bandits KOS against fresh spawns =/= Finding your camp and stealing your things

Not really sure what instilled this thought process for you, did people steal your things and make you angry?

The wilderness is no safer than any other part of the map for a camp. In fact, think of it this way. For every spot you think "shit dude, this would make a PERFECT camp" there's some guy looking at the map thinking "lol some tard thinks this isn't an obvious camp spot". The sword cuts both ways, if you THINK your camp is in a crazy spot in the wilderness people are twice as likely to check there because it IS A CRAZY SPOT IN THE WILDERNESS. Sometimes me and friends just run right along the northern border of the map because people are still stupid enough to make camps there. It's just free loot at this point.

tl;dr

For real though, don't try to belittle others because you think your camp is the best and should never be found. It just makes sense to go looking for camps in obvious spots, like the borders of the map. Trying to claim otherwise just makes you look like a jealous retard who can't figure out why people keep raiding their tents.

• Like 1

Do you know the best weapon I've found in a barracks at NWAF? A M9.

Stary, best weapon, an mp5.

I seem to have the worst luck ever.

And other people are bleeding as50's it's incredibly unfair.

There isn't a way to justify it, because it's not just, but I can't find a damn weapon, besides everyone is shoot to kill why not give my self a fighting chance?

And yes, I do feel remorse after stealing a weapon, but I get over it. And so should my victims.

Yes, raiding camps is extremely safe - they don't mind at all. I never die. You should try it sometime.

STOP HELPING THESE PEOPLE

I worked damn hard to build my tent city underwater at pabeda dam! Stay away from it you jerks!

Edited by TheXenophobe

I worked damn hard to build my tent city underwater at pabeda dam! Stay away from it you jerks!

Nice loot! Thanks! /wink

STOP HELPING THESE PEOPLE

Hey, dude, you should tell me the server, so I can avoid it.

• Like 6

I knew that would backfire.. And i'm aware there are no safe place to keep your stuff.

Always when i log in i keep the mindset that nothing will last and that i won't let myself get attached to things.

It just sucks (for me atleast) to see people always choosing the easiest path all the time. And that some ppl put effort into making the game a nuisance for others.

The wilderness is no safer than any other part of the map for a camp. In fact, think of it this way. For every spot you think "shit dude, this would make a PERFECT camp"

Pretty much this, once we decided on a spot to set up camp west of pobeda dam in a dip in a mountain, when our guys got there we found 3 vehicles and 7 seven tents, If you have thought of a spot someone else more than likely has too, I had a few tents very close to Cherno that lasted for weeks without being looted. Edited by Ghost_Irl

Found a tent and a tractor on the West side of the map the other night, tent was in an open spot on a hill..obvious sniper setup..we checked and only four others on server so took the risk and one of us went out..woodpile in tent :D Took the tractor for a lap then parked it back up with some fires going around it.

I put my camps in plain sight. A place where nobody has raison to go, yet they are 100m away from it all the time. I have multiple camps in different servers. None are looted.

Try checking around the mountain peaks above Petrovka. The thing about this is Petrovka isn't really a decent place to loot and the decent loots in the North/NorthWest (above NWAF) are not very good. People don't go to Petro very often and that means less player traffic above Petro.

Alternatively, another place worth trying is the area around Pebodo dam. There is a fair bit of clearing around there so there are limited places to hide tents. But people like this area, there isn't much traffic and its a good place to refill Water Bottles.

Another one is near the inland water part that comes in from the sea above NEAF. I find alot of traffic goes through there though. And that traffic is usually clan players so youve gotta be careful up there. I find alot of vehicles and tents. I think its a major route for boats heading over to skalinsky island. You can't see the inland bit of water on the DayZ DB map, it stops just before the edge but its around 136 019.

• Like 1

While the west and north edges of the map are great, camps CAN be found in the middle of the map, as well as near Cherno and Elektro.

On top of the international hotel.

I put my camps in plain sight. A place where nobody has raison to go, yet they are 100m away from it all the time. I have multiple camps in different servers. None are looted.

How would you know that? The tents just reload their old content each restart.

I found a tent last night on the runway at NW airfield. Kinda freaked me out. Weird place to put tent stakes down but play as you wish..

As long as you don't save the tents after you loot them, they'll refill with their old contents after the next server restart. I got a DMR from a tent at Pobeda dam, went to the NE airfield and got in a big fight, ran out of ammo and decided to hit that tent again the next day for mags. DMR was back, along with all the morphine and canteens I'd taken before. Arming at tents doesn't cost the guy who found the stuff anything. His stash is intact, and I've got a sweet rifle. Who loses? Obviously, the game at large loses due to the glitch, but I'm not going to play the game as a sucker when there's an easy way to stay competitive.