The_Uprising

POLL: Graphical Glitches and YOU, a poll that all should take.

Graphical Glitches and YOU  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever experienced the dead soldier/barbed wire graphical glitch?

2. 2. When presented with the graphical glitch, what methods of correction have you found to work?

• Video Memory Flushing
    • GPU Tweaks
    • Switching Servers
    • Restarting Game
    • Restarting Computer
    • Changing Resolution
    • Changing Texture Detail
    • Changing Video Memory
    • None of These Work
    • Other(please comment)

I have found several threads on the dead soldier/barbed wire glitch, and have read numerous ways to fix it. In this poll I wish to see how much of the community is truly affected, and what they have found to be the best methods to deal with the issue.

If I missed anything please let me know.

Edited by The_Uprising

I am victim to these glitches myself. I have tried several fixes, but I will not modify any software to do it. At the moment I just avoid the places I know these problems occur.

• Like 1

Other: Changing Shadow Detail from High to Very High and then back down to High again fixes it most of the time, although sometimes I need to restart the game or sometimes it fixes the major flaws but leaves dead soldier bodies looking like a 6ft brown blob instead of a body, although this I can deal with.

It occurs in any military camp (south airfield, stary sobor, NW airfield) if I alt-tab the game 90% of the time.

It occurs randomly in military locations and sometimes other locations randomly, although less seldom in non-military (elektro twice, cherno once, novo sovor once vs. NW air/stary about a dozen times)

Edited by kristoferen

Went so far as to delete re-download and re-install both Arma II and Operation Arrowhead, still the same glitches in the same spots (Balota AF, Green Mountain, NWAF) there are more spots that do this, but yea. Others I play the game with have the same issues in the same spots.

Got killed at green mountain because my screen was just a mess of black and white "shapes", had zombie aggro and just could not see anything, is very frustrating.

Holding right-shift then tapping numpad "-" and typing flush when looking directly at said glitch has worked 100% for me.

Edited by livilaNic

Ive never heard of the barbed wire/dead soldier grahpical error but I get a bunch of random black, white, or grey "light beams" that shoot across my screen whenever I go near Balota or Berenzino.

Look at glitch.

Set VRAm to default.

Set it back.

Also there is another really good fix that limits how far the glitch reaches, somewhere in the troubleshooting forum.

Nothing works for me .. restarting game is temp then it comes back so thats not even a fix. IT DRIVES ME INSANE.

EDIT : I know a quick fix around this (unpacking and repacking said pbo files) I might put repacked pbo files online later if rocket is still holding off this bloody fix we are all waiting for.

Every time I see this, I simply close the whole game and open it again... and the problem goes away (at least for a while).

It's supposedly to do with a leak in video memory for the engine. If a restart doesn't fix it... how much VRAM does your card have? Maybe it's not enough? :/

Ive never heard of the barbed wire/dead soldier grahpical error but I get a bunch of random black, white, or grey "light beams" that shoot across my screen whenever I go near Balota or Berenzino.

That's.... the glitch....

~Sol

Edited by Sol

2gb card, i get the tearing of texture wrap points much less than others

When it happens:

1) open the map (do not need to have one on you)

2) alt tab

3) get back into gave

4) it will load and say receiving

5) gl hf

what i dont get is why Rocket just does not take the dead bodies out of the game? They dont do anything buy cause issues and they serve no purpose to the game.

I just simply ignore the glitch. run in half blind do what you need to do and hope/assume the possible sniper is seeing the same glitch making you hidden.

Glitches come and go this one isn't major at all.

It will not kill you

It does not interfere with anything

it doesnt break any gameplay mechanics.

it's purely visual

This mod is in alpha, there are much bigger problems that can and should have attention.

I do the flush thing works everytime. In fact, after the first time I did it, I have basically never seen it again. Only in very small amounts and it only happens for a few seconds before fixing itself.

Im not old to this game, but i had graphic glitches when started up. I tried the flush thing.. Didnt work, so i tried over and over again. For about 4-5 times. And now 98% of all servers i play on is without any graphic glitches.. If there is, then flushing one two or three times works for me.

But like i said, it didnt help me at first when i only tried it one time. It did nothing. So i guess, try a few more times doesnt hurt.

I just simply ignore the glitch. run in half blind do what you need to do and hope/assume the possible sniper is seeing the same glitch making you hidden.

Glitches come and go this one isn't major at all.

It will not kill you

It does not interfere with anything

it doesnt break any gameplay mechanics.

it's purely visual

This mod is in alpha, there are much bigger problems that can and should have attention.

I must say that you haven't experienced the full potential of this glitch if you are able to ignore it, however I agree with you that there are bigger problems that should be addressed by Rocket and company. Do we really need another "die hackers die" thread though?

This thread is more for informational purposes. It appears to be affecting a seemingly large percentage of people(although I understand that many who don't have the glitch won't open the thread). It is my hope that some people will find the database useful, and that it will make the game playable for them once again.

• Like 1