dasos

The Spectating Crow - A happy little accident.

This is what happens if you attempt to enter a DayZ server and it decides to mess with your emotions instead.

haha It's just a spawn bug, I didn't see anybody but I think you might be able to.

If they saw you they'd probably just see.. a crow haha

Ha, DayZTeam: let me choose animal at start instead of female, let me Fly over Apocalypse!

Yeah I think this is quite a common glitch actually, seen people talking about it in chat a few times.

Some people have all the luck. But no seriously, glad we have a video of someone as a crow.

Were you able to use direct communication over it?

If you were, I think I'd like to be a crow and lead people to much needed gear. xD

Definitely not running a pirated CD key :P Kindly put those rash allegations away good sir.

That was me controlling that rather awkward bird. It was the full map and showed signs of player activity, e.g. dead zombies and wire fencing, but I think there were no players present.

I definitely have a legit copy of arma 2, however I believe that was part of the original arma game concerning pirated keys.

Arma will always hold dear as being one the only games to allow a full goat assault course experience.

you spawn as a crow if you're running a pirated serial key

No, you are not. It is quite a common bug that happens to people. If you look around there are lots of people that have the problem, including me. If you were to look at my Steam profile you would notice that I have the game legit, as does my friend who has spawned as a crow many times, and my other friend who has done so once or twice. It is simply an annoying bug that happens once every few weeks.

As for it being part of the original game concerning pirated keys, I can't think of a way to express a large enough face palm. Being a crow is the default spectating mode for the game. Go play any normal match, when you die you become a crow. DayZ is bugging out for a moment when you die and instead of respawning just sends you to spectater mode.