Sign in to follow this  
xmayze

Arma Beta Patch Build

I recently purchased Arma 2 Combined Ops on Steam. I have been playing on official servers via DayZ Commander, and was wondering which beta patch build i should go with. I noticed that some run 95417 and some run 95663 (which i cant find the beta patch for, but 95660 seems to work for those).

Today, there was a 95724 release, but I'm afraid that i wont be able to play on any servers until the servers update to this version.

Sorry if this all seems confusing, but I'm extremely confused myself. For example, can i join a server that runs 95417 if i am patched to 95660?

You should always try to run the latest patch.

But i appreciate that it takes time for servers to update.

There is usually some backwards compatability.

From what i know you should be able to connect to servers running the last version of beta, even if you running latest.

You can always download the patches yourself, if you want to be on a specific version. :-

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php/

Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

Edited by GeordieMarv
  • Like 3

I've had no problem joining servers with the latest patch installed when I don't and vice versa. A lot of servers out there aren't running the latest patch and I can join just fine.

• Like 1

awesome, thank you guys for the extremely fast replies. I expected to wait all day for a response :P