Jokerr (DayZ)

Very weird "ARMA2 OA exe stopped working" on startup..

So basically,i have a very weird issue.

I have been playing this mod for 1 month no issues whatsoever.

Today i start up as usual,manually from my directory of the game with "Launch ARMA 2 oa beta patch shortcut".

I get to the little tick thing,then a black screen for 1-2 seconds,than ARMA 2 stopped working.Weird thing is,when i try running ARMA 2 combined operations without beta patch or dayz from my steam library,it loads no issues whatsoever.

This is the crash report thingy :

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: arma2oa.exe

Application Version: 1.62.95.417

Application Timestamp: 5012ba9f

Fault Module Name: RTSSHooks.dll

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 4fcd1937

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 00010542

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

When launching from dayz commander/manually/sixlauncher i get this.

It happened to me a few hours ago today again,i fixed it somehow(deleted beta folder in directory reinstalled it,veryfied integrity of cache,it magically worked)

What i've tried.

Re-installing all dayz files and beta files using (http://www.dayzwiki....RMA2_Beta_patch).

Veryfying integrity of both ARMA 2 and ARMA 2 OA in steam(they re-acquired some files).

Running Everything possible as admin.

Haven't tried restarting my PC since morning.

PLEASE HELP ME!!! I AM DYING TO PLAY THIS!!!I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT IS THE ISSUE?!?!??!

Edited by Jokerr

Can anyone help?

Little more information:

ARMA 2 and ARMA 2 OA run fine without mods/beta.

When i try to launch ARMA 2 OA with dayz through dayz commander/manually through the directory shortcut for "Launch ARMA 2 oa beta patch" i get the little line with the ticks loading,they load,and the the screen goes black,and then 1-2 seconds in with nothing else but black screen,the game returns to desktop,saying "Arma 2 OA exe has stopped working" with the error in OP.

I have actually fixed that yesterday,what i did :

Deleted the beta folder in expansion,the @DayZ folder in expansion,the @DayZ folder in arma 2 oa,the arma 2oa beta .exe,and afterwards i tried veryfying the integrity of both ARMA 2 and ARMA 2 OA,it said it re-acquired some files,afterwards i ran ARMA 2 OA with no problems whatsovere but only vanilla arma 2 OA,no mods/beta.

Afterwards i installed the dayz files,and then the latest beta.

Then ran "Launch ARMA 2 OA beta w/e" as administrator,and it loaded in with everything,and i played for 2 hours.After quiting the game,i had to take a break,20 min afterwards,i try running the game again,the same way decsribed as above.I get the same "Arma 2 OA exe has stopped working" again.I tried deleting the files described above again,and basically doing the same again,but upon veryfying the cache for ARMA 2 OA,it said 120 files will be re-acquired and started downloading 4.5gb of files,and i haven't touched it since.

Can anyone help me please?I really want to play,and i do not understand what my issue is,i have played the game before perfectly fine...Please help me.

have you tried starting directly from exe in beta- folder?

should be a shortcut problem...

I also found a Ticket in the Bug Tracker System of DayZ, which should be the same problem as I, Jokerr and alot of others have.

Link: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/38641

There were also uploaded dumps, which will help the developers in locating the crashbug and if they need specific information, they should just ask.

You can see, that the developer-team do not move a finger in resolving this crash-problem (maybe they have a lot to do, but this problem is known months!!!) and the problem reporter also gets the generic help attempts (useless cr4p-help). In my oppinion, its better not giving such kind of help, because they are mostly non-sense or timeconsuming in combination with not helping.

I also have the same error as Jokerr.

Its in german, sorry.

Problemsignatur:

Problemereignisname: APPCRASH

Anwendungsname: arma2oa.exe

Anwendungsversion: 1.62.95.417

Anwendungszeitstempel: 5012ba9f

Fehlermodulname: arma2oa.exe

Fehlermodulversion: 1.62.95.417

Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 5012ba9f

Ausnahmecode: c0000005

Ausnahmeoffset: 00258be2

Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1

Gebietsschema-ID: 1031

Zusatzinformation 1: 0a9e

Zusatzinformation 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Zusatzinformation 3: 0a9e

Zusatzinformation 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Lesen Sie unsere Datenschutzbestimmungen online:

http://go.microsoft....88&clcid=0x0407

Wenn die Onlinedatenschutzbestimmungen nicht verfügbar sind, lesen Sie unsere Datenschutzbestimmungen offline:

C:\Windows\system32\de-DE\erofflps.txt

I am also curious what you have for a processor and video card. I have a

Nvidia 8800 GTS 320Mb,

AMD 6000+ AM2

Maybe the crashbug is caused by old computer components, because my friend could play it and he has relatively new pc components. But if that is the case, than f**k that game.

PS.: @ST, the cause is definitely not a shortcut problem... please look into the matter seriously if you want to help because this is no help, its just frustrating.

Edited by DocRiddles

I have the same problem here too. It's 5 minutes into the game and suddenly the arma2oa.exe stops working.

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: arma2oa.exe, Version: 1.62.95.883, Zeitstempel: 0x502532bf

Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: arma2oa.exe, Version: 1.62.95.883, Zeitstempel: 0x502532bf

Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005

Fehleroffset: 0x000544a6

ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x83c

Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01cd77e2f881288a

Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: E:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe

Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: E:\Programme\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe

Berichtskennung: 58a6b465-e3d7-11e1-b90e-00241dc0b0e4

Fehlerbucket 3107371975, Typ 1

Ereignisname: APPCRASH

Antwort: Nicht verfügbar

CAB-Datei-ID: 0

Problemsignatur:

P1: arma2oa.exe

P2: 1.62.95.883

P3: 502532bf

P4: arma2oa.exe

P5: 1.62.95.883

P6: 502532bf

P7: c0000005

P8: 000544a6

P9:

P10:

Sorry, it's also in German.

I googled a bit about this error-code here: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789. It seems, that its generally related to the OS. There are other games, which suffered the same crashed with this error-code, like Call of Duty, Final Fantasy, Serious Sam 3 and Battle Field 3. And there is NO FREAKING RESULT / SOLUTION / etc.

See these links:

http://social.micros...e-168e12f1aba2/

http://forum.ea.com/...st/7657697.page

http://www.swtor.com....php?p=4834218.

But I also tested, for e.g. Counter Strike Source, which I can play for hours without any crashes.

I also made sure, that is not related to faulty main memory. I completely swapped my main memory to a newer memory and the crashes continue to occur.

Either Microsoft is really doing garbage or the graphics card company is doing garbage with not supporting older video cards or the game developers are using some functions, which are causing trouble, which is also garbage. If the game developers would move a finger and would support their consumers in investigating that case for e.g. with debugging so we would know the cause, that would be like a dream. But reality is a b*tch, right folks? But I would not 100% blame the game developers... but they have more might in explaining gathering strength for collecting information through their fan base so that this lousy problem could be resolved!

Edited by DocRiddles

I fixed my RTSSHooks.dll errors by going in to the second MSI aircraft icon (with the red 60 on it), scrolling down to RTSS.exe and setting application detection to HIGH (it was set to NONE). Fixed the RTSShook crashes.