Sign in to follow this  
Dreadfell

Deer stands.

So I became completely lost and frustrated last night trying to find a deer stand. I dont want to use online maps, would just like an idea of where to look.

Edges of forests, but ye its gonna take a lot of time just trying to 'find' them unless you played alot of arma2 and know the map.

I admit, I use an outside map.

I use it less and less as I memorize the territory.

You can pass pretty close to a deerstand and never see it.

Keep your eyes peeled for seemingly random military zombies on the periphery of wooded areas. That should be a good sign a deerstand is nearby.

They are brown all wood affairs about one story high.

Go for Bolota, south of the airfield is a medical camp with a deer stand in each cornor, go along the sand bag walls and you will find a spot with no barbed wire to vault over. Lots of zombies though, so get ready for a fight inside. (There is always no loot in the tents, just go for the stands.)

• Like 1

There's 4 right near each other near the airstrip on the coast.

**Just noticed shepardx's post.

Edited by Charon2112
  • Like 1

i know some locations,usually on my routes when i get out of cherno or elektro, but when i don't know what to do i take their coordinates from an extra game map and try to find them, it's easy i know and it's obviously what you don't want to do, but the only way is to search the borders of forests..specially if there is a big field..

Shepardx, I have been to the airfield many, many times but I have never found that medical tents. South of the airfield is water. Am I losing my mind?

Just follow the graphic glitches, Sula. :)

sometimes it's seriously glitched out, but sometimes it's completely free of glitches...weird.

Yah, I think I found that compound(see my MASH post).nuttin in tents, but those were more like gaurd towers not realy deer stands.

Shepardx, I have been to the airfield many, many times but I have never found that medical tents. South of the airfield is water. Am I losing my mind?

There's a rectangular area between the airstrip and the ocean that is enclosed by barbed wire, except for a small portion. You can vault over the sandbags and there's a deer stand in each corner. There's zombies in military clothes but sometimes they're stuck under the deer stands and you can ax them at your liesure.

Not the metal green things.

Dark, brown, wooden ones.

Set on the edges of the woods.

Well, they are technically deer stands, but do kinda look like guard towers, most of the time they have good loot though. The camp is more so south east of the airfield. If you go directly south there should be a town and to the east should be a clearing with green medical tents surrounded by sand bags and barbed wire. But then again as others said, you can just follow the glitches. You can also just use this map, http://dayzdb.com/map#4.048.128 the deer stands are the red squarish things (?). But anyways, as you can see there are 4 deerstands beneath the airstrip, I usually find AK's and shotguns there. Hope this makes a bit more sense.

Edited by Shepardx

If you're at Kamenka there are a few directly north not far from the road. As others said Balot airstrip has 4 in the medical camp south of the runway. Green Mountain has a few in at the edges of the forest surrounding it. Lots of the patches of forest near Stary and Novy have deerstands in them. Also East of Pavlovo, North of Komarovo and directly Southwest of Bor there are 3 of them.

As others have said just look at the edges of the forests and you can sometimes spot them. An easy way to figure out if you've come up next to one is to see some zombies milling around in a field near the edge of the forest since if you're close to it they will spawn there.

there's deer stands north of Kememka follow the road north when you see a big ass rock go east it be on the edge wood's.

thin there is another north from that one just off the road.

there is one more be for you hit pavlovo .

hope this help's good luck and happy hunting

Didnt read all replies. if you spawn near Kamenka, there is a road leaving Kamenka to the North, if you follow that road there will be one to the right of it just a lil ways out of town and 2 more to the left about equally distanced from each other.I found an AKS Kobra and 150rnds of ammo within 5 minutes of spawn checking those.

Green Mountain has 3-4 around the perimeter. Don't believe the urban legends, it's perfectly safe.

as far as finding deer stands in the wilderness... they will pretty much always be on the edge of a forest overlooking an open area. They blend in pretty well, but look for 4 thin legs and a ladder at ground level. Also, if you see soldier zombies in the wilderness, you're very likely near a deer stand

• Like 1

as far as finding deer stands in the wilderness... they will pretty much always be on the edge of a forest overlooking an open area. They blend in pretty well, but look for 4 thin legs and a ladder at ground level. Also, if you see soldier zombies in the wilderness, you're very likely near a deer stand

Soldiers and Police Zombies are common at the deer Stands ive noticed.

But any type of zombies in the forest is an indication that something (usually deer stand) is nearby

Look around the edges of open fields. Deer stands usually boarder the edge of the forest. Also, if you see military zombies walking around, it's highly probably you're almost on top of a deer stand... or a heli crash.