Outline

Friendly mode

no.. have you played this game yet? taking pvp away would take the whole game away.

There already is a PvE server, I forgot which it was but you get banned for pvp.

haha naaa man.Then the already impossible at peak time servers will be even harder to get on to due to the servers being diveded between shit c**t mode and hardcore mode.

Negative. though i can still understand why some players want it but i still say NO WAY. :D

WAY to many SCAREDY CATS !

Edited by liquidcactus

Were not saying take PvP away, I understand that PvP has made the game. All we are saying is it would be nice if they added PvE as well as leaving in the standard PvP.

Thanks for the rocket quote Strategos, i do not see anything else to add, this is what DayZ is supposed to be, it will not adapt to your personal taste, the same way picasso isn't going to redo one of his painting in red because you would prefer it to blue.

Edited by Lady Kyrah

erm. newsflash picasso is dead and im not into painting so please find something better to compare to.

"erm. newsflash picasso is dead and im not into painting so please find something better to compare to. "

That doesn't change the validity of the analogy you pedant.

But the thing we are not saying is that we want to change the game, we are saying add PvE and stil lleave in the standard PvP. So the main core part of the game is still there, however for some reason you guys don't fully understand the meaning of what we would like to see added to the game.

At the end of the day you are just concerned that the PvE players will go on there own server and you would have a harder time getting easy player kills.

I'm sorry, but what Rocket says isn't law. Half of it sounds good but doesn't actually apply to the mod he made. For example:

Have you guys actually studied the classic and recent zombie movies a bit? The romero movies y'all rave about? Dawn of the Dead, the modern variant with 28 days later, the Walking Dead. In every single one, the greatest threat comes not from the Zombies but from the breakdown of society and from the other people. Because they can think, they can plan, they can strategize. The zombies can't. And the people are desperate.

Rocket

The greatest threat comes from the people. Thats true. But only because the Zombies are actually life-threatening, causing the break down of society. Without life-threatening zombies, the argument is moot. Applying it to DayZ, the zombies aren't actually a threat, hence its an artifical break-down of society which is brought about by how the game is set. In otherwords, it's not actually that much of a sandbox in terms of PvE or PvP.

As to PvE or PvP servers, it doesn't matter. If the game allows modding, then PvE servers will arise naturally. If it doesn't, Rocket is turning his back on the origins of the game, something I don't see him doing anytime in the near future.

• Like 1

this thread doesn't even deserve this kind of attention. it's NOT going to happen.

In the stand alone game. There should be a friendly mode where players can't kill players. So it will be players Vs zombies. This is a mode fit for people who want to explore the map without the threat of other players killing them.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

this thread doesn't even deserve this kind of attention. it's NOT going to happen.

As long as the standalone allows modding, it will. You can count on it happening.

Like I said, they're very close minded and refuse to read the thread. They keep posting things that have nothing to do with the idea and act like people are asking for the complete removal of it from the entire game.

What is asked, is for another option. This is in Alpha, the point of an Alpha test is to submit and add content that can change the game, to experiment with the very idea of the game and find what is the most appealing and fun. Adding in Pve servers is both easy, and could vastly increase the player count come standalone.

$$ Talks. BI is the source behind the standalone and they will without a doubt want to add in options to bring in as many customers as possible. This means they will want to make a softcore version to appeal to casual gamers.

Strategos, I don't think you understand what brings people in. I know I wasn't attracted to the pvp. An Open world Zombie mmo that I could play with friends, is why I came. The pvp is a side effect and not needed for me to enjoy it. I spend very little time having to pvp and a good 90% of my time fighting zombies and looking for loot or repairing vehicles and exploring the map. If there was a pve version on the standalone. I'd still probably play on pvp servers, because if I wanted to pvp. i could, if I don't want to. I won't go to main cities. However there are countless people who no doubt do not want what you want. My nephew likes to watch me play and he doesn't like that other people can shoot you. Now mind you, there are loads of people who like pvp, but there are loads of people who like pve. There is not a single reason at all to not allow both pve and pvp players to enjoy the game. It will only bring in more sales and help the further development of the game.

Quoting rocket means nothing, sorry but if he wants his game to compete with WarZ and Dead linger and class 3. He is going to need to attract as many people as possible and keep them here. No one here is asking for him to create special pve endgame content. Not a single person has asked that in this thread. No one wants special content or different gameplay. Sure, they could create two seperate pbos and allow pve servers to use one and pvp servers to use another. The one for pve servers would have increased zombie damage or what have you. All that would require is to change a few values and name the pbo something else and save it. Wouldn't take more than 15mins probably. So no, it would not cause any problems at all to change the value that sets zombie damage and let the servers "flag" for pvp/pve.

As to PvE or PvP servers, it doesn't matter. If the game allows modding, then PvE servers will arise naturally. If it doesn't, Rocket is turning his back on the origins of the game, something I don't see him doing anytime in the near future.

And what makes you think it will?

Arma is fine with modding, it's not ment to be played on public servers, but DayZ? everything better be locked tight or we will have the same hacking issues.

I'm sure there are a lot of people who have the ability to edit the current DayZ files. This is showed by the creation of Lingor Island and the DayZ single player version. All it would take is for another person to edit in Pve and host a server.

Wouldn't matter if someone was hacking on that server though, It would be bad yes. But it would be an unsupported version of the game. Like Lingor Island is.

Barron, you have the nerve to call us close minded and yet you are sitting there saying that "Quoting rocket means nothing" and saying he has to do the things you want.

You've asked for something Rocket has specifically said hes not going to add and then you say hes going to have to! Seriously, arrogant entitlement much ?

You can bang your head against this one all you want, call us whatever you like, even try and predict the future but I'll bet my bottom dollar it isn't going to get you anywhere.

I believe someone has already taken all the softcore suggestions from this forum and compiled them into a game just for you, I hope it delivers everything you want.

Don't let the door kill you on the way out ;)

Edited by Strategos

And what makes you think it will?

Arma is fine with modding, it's not ment to be played on public servers, but DayZ? everything better be locked tight or we will have the same hacking issues.

Same case as the Lingor island. They'll run seperate hives. Modding isn't the same as hacking. I hear the large majority of hacks are due to the fact that the Arma 2 servers allow scripts to be run or something, I'm not too sure on the technical side.

If DayZ didn't allow modding, I'd be surprised. The standalone started off as a mod. Bohemia Studio seems to support modding in Arma 2. I don't see why they wouldn't support it in DayZ. In fact, it would be almost hypocritical if they didn't.

Barron, you have the nerve to call us close minded and yet you are sitting there saying that "Quoting rocket means nothing" and saying he has to do the things you want.

You've asked for something Rocket has specifically said hes not going to add and then you say hes going to have to! Seriously, arrogant entitlement much ?

You can bang your head against this one all you want, call us whatever you like, even try and predict the future but I'll bet my bottom dollar it isn't going to get you anywhere.

I believe someone has already taken all the softcore suggestions from this forum and compiled them into a game just for you, I hope it delivers everything you want.

Don't let the door kill you on the way out ;)

If the standalone allows for modding, you'll see PvE servers.

Live with it.

Edited by Louis13245

In the stand alone game. There should be a friendly mode where players can't kill players. So it will be players Vs zombies. This is a mode fit for people who want to explore the map without the threat of other players killing them.

1: Start a password protected server

2. Invite your friends

3.Play

<p>So you've grouped up with every player you've met on your server, gotten all the best gear. You were taking your time, so it took almost a week to do it. Zombies are trivial to kill, you've got your unlootable tent city just filled to the brim with medical supplies and ammo.

How long are you going to stick around, and why?

Further, now that they've implemented PvE, they've got to develop some kind of method for trading items and making sure people can't ninja loot from you, because you've got no recourse if someone comes along and steals your stuff. This takes development time. This is just one infinitesimal example of what we're talking about when we say it takes development time away from the 'main' game. Like it or not, to do PvE right is not as simple as 'flipping a switch'. That's why I'm against it. I want, just once, for a game that is hardcore PvP to actually have the studio's full development attention, instead of having it split between the PvP and PvE sides. The PvP side gets neglected because hey, you've got 75% of your client base playing on PvE, gotta keep them happy to keep that cash coming in!

Edited by Wiley

"If the standalone allows for modding, you'll see PvE servers.

Live with it. "

Live with what ? Your prediction of the future. It's going to be a standalone game not a mod, I doubt there will be modding. Also they have mentioned several times ideally wanting one big server like EVE Onlines tranquility server. That's one server you HAVE to play on to play the game. Maybe you should try living with that ?

I like a good debate but not with someone seemingly completely blinkered and uninformed.

So lets see what everyone thinks

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/66069-pvp-vs-pve/

Also they have mentioned several times ideally wanting one big server like EVE Onlines tranquility server. That's one server you HAVE to play on to play the game. Maybe you should try living with that ?

I hadn't heard that before. That... makes my pants feel funny. I hope they pull it off.

Edited by Wiley

Wait for the bitch fest that creates, even if they can't get one massive server they can have geographically connected servers that all represent one world with one hive, ie Zones like EVE, but each being a server. No private servers, no admins, no abuse, no advantage, and a security level that will limit hacks and exploits like hiding foilage etc.

"If the standalone allows for modding, you'll see PvE servers.

Live with it. "

Live with what ? Your prediction of the future. It's going to be a standalone game not a mod, I doubt there will be modding. Also they have mentioned several times ideally wanting one big server like EVE Onlines tranquility server. That's one server you HAVE to play on to play the game. Maybe you should try living with that ?

I like a good debate but not with someone seemingly completely blinkered and uninformed.

So lets see what everyone thinks

http://dayzmod.com/f...069-pvp-vs-pve/

Your poll is strictly directed at ignoring pve. If you want to make something, try making it unbiased instead of making something to sway the readers.

• Like 1

It's funny how you say on the voting page, "But what I see is people constantly asking for DayZ to have PvE only servers. Safe zones etc." However we are not asking for PvE only servers, we are asking for PvE servers as well as leaving in the standard PvP.

Is it really that hard to understand?

Also, no one asked for safe zones. He is deliberately misleading the readers to effect the outcome of the poll. Without explaining the position of the pve side. It is pathetic and he thinks it will prove a point lol.