Outline

Friendly mode

In the stand alone game. There should be a friendly mode where players can't kill players. So it will be players Vs zombies. This is a mode fit for people who want to explore the map without the threat of other players killing them.

LOL no of course not ._. it takes away a huge element of the game

No it wont, it is still open world zombie survival.

I'm not against it, there is no reason other people can't enjoy the game their own way. Since it is player owned servers, pvp should be a choice. On by default, but by clicking it off zombies become a lot harder. This would encourage pve play servers and allow players who want to play that, to do so.

There is absolutely no reason why both pve and pvp players can't enjoy the game.

• Like 6

Not everyone wants to killed by a camper sitting in a corner with a pistol.

• Like 2

i agree with this post but i have played dayz singleplayer back when it was possible to do and well it gets lonely and boring when u get everything in the game

I'm not against it, there is no reason other people can't enjoy the game their own way. Since it is player owned servers, pvp should be a choice. On by default, but by clicking it off zombies become a lot harder. This would encourage pve play servers and allow players who want to play that, to do so.

There is absolutely no reason why both pve and pvp players can't enjoy the game.

Ye exactly

i agree with this post but i have played dayz singleplayer back when it was possible to do and well it gets lonely and boring when u get everything in the game

Ye but it would be open so anyone can join.

"Friendly mode" would be garbage. Zombies are only a major threat before you learn how to play the game well. From there, they are a non-issue by themselves. From there the PvP element causes the looming threat of a nearby player to potentially make you screw up sneaking around and/or zombies chasing you gives your position away and makes you easy pickings for a player.

If there was a PvE mode to this game, you'd have to revamp the entire game and make the zombies substantially harder, unable to be outrun, etc. Why spend all that work to make a game mode that is arguably much less fun to the majority that play DayZ. The rampant emotions and sense of emergency cause by PvP is what draws the majority of people into DayZ.

Also, how would you handle the hive? You'd literally have to make it two unique games with their own hives. Otherwise, people will go to a carebear server and load up on gear before switching back to PvP. If it's two hives, it's basically two games where you'd end up with certain mechanics for PvE and then for PvP. Two separate branches to alpha/beta test and patch. It'd slow down development.

I'm also confident that it would make kittens explode and puppies thrown into blenders, all for the sake of saving a few tears from someone who got killed by a player. Not worth it.

Not everyone wants to killed by a camper sitting in a corner with a pistol.

Play another game?

Non PVP Zombie games are legion, why come to the only one doing things differently, only to want to play it like every other zombie games?

• Like 1

Thats fine i see no harm in giving people a pve option, but if you are going to pve. Stay there,i do not want to have people who go to pve servers get geared out then move to pvp servers having never risked thier necks a an air field or major city for the gear they have.

• Like 1

I don't play this game for the PvP but I do believe it has it's place.

I feel conflicted on this subject because of this.

As much as I hate being killed by murderers (notice I did not call them bandits), it's a legit part of the game.

I am at 275 kills, 3 days, and a random person shot me (but didn't kill me) at NW airfield.

I managed to escape with my life, and hope to exceed 300 kills and possibly run into another random friendly (some day).

• Like 1

I can see why people thinks its a bad idea. But you could have a character for PVE and another for PVP.

ill agree with this guy, they should make a friendly mode, but make it so that it doesnt tie in with the original game play (loot cant be transfered from friendly to pvp mode)

that way people whining about wanting to play friendly can play friendly, and those who want to play pvp can play pvp, no harm done as long as you cant transfer gear from friendly to pvp

The game would have to be altered radically to make PvE anything more than blindingly simple. At that point, it may as well be another game entirely. Plus, the guy that's making it said no, so it's a moot point.

• Like 1

It should be players choice. No one should be forced into PVP, Create one character for PVP and one for PVE. If you like the PVP side of DayZ, play PVP. If not, play PVE.

• Like 1

It should be players choice. No one should be forced into PVP, Create one character for PVP and one for PVE. If you like the PVP side of DayZ, play PVP. If not, play PVE.

Garbage. This mod is about surviving while facing both sides.... zombies AND other survivors (bandits). You want to play pve only? Try Left for Dead.

If you don't want to be forced into some PvP you should play a different game.

I don't want any PvP really, so I avoid others as much as possible.