Outline

Friendly mode

Who cares? More options, more way to choose, anyone can choose what like, so you pay for server you decide. Who dont pay = dont complain.

Edited by Dalegor Dobrutro

Even on PvE people can be killed, just shoot in middle of Elektro. Or lure huge group of zombies against survivors group. So dont say it will be pice of cake, will show up other forms of "jerking" around, like today is sniping anything that move even if its unarmed rookie.

And what you're saying is, you WANT people to be able to do that kind of shit to you and not be able to put a bullet in the idiot's head? If somebody trains me, I bloody well want the capability to communicate my displeasure with him in a meaningful manner, via 168 grain HPBT.

Whether you guys want to hear it or not, PvE means more development.

The argument "Well you just don't have to play on PvE servers, it's optional!" is bogus. As I've stated earlier in this thread, and has others have pointed out, isn't it painfully obvious that PvE wouldn't/couldn't be a simple "lol pvp flag off!" mode? The game wouldn't work AT ALL with such a simple toggle. Everyone would hit end-game gear their first day in game, get bored, and quit. The game's difficulity would have to be tweaked in PvE mode and the mechanics behave differently to make it challenging and fun without the PvP element. This means you fork the game into 2 unique games, doubling development time and halving development resources. This is why we're so vehemently against a PvE mode. Go play a different game if you want PvE.

Let us get bored then. What mechanics would you need to change? The only thing I can think of is increasing the difficulty. Why do I have to play like you? Why do I have to kill others when I prefer to team up and kill zombies? Just because you would get bored in your "first day" doesn't mean everybody else would.

• Like 1

You say that PvE will be pice of cake, and I say that only will be tool to other forms to jerk around and luring zombies on players. So it not will be safe zone like you think. And what diffrence between this, and camping rookies or other players with sniping rifle? None. But at least lured horde is more fun for group of survivors. :D

Who cares? More options, more way to choose, anyone can choose what like, so you pay for server you decide. Who dont pay = dont complain.

Who pay decide?

You never paid taxes did you?

Lets leave PVE to WarZ. They will do that just fine.

So how about we focus on what DayZ is, instead of what it isn't?

Edited by Lady Kyrah

How about we all play the same game for a change, instead of scattering around withall the:

• I (do not) want 3rd person.
  • I (do not want) want nametags.
  • I (do not want) want pvp.
  • I want fast zombies.
  • I want slow zombies.

Here they only serve it with pickles, tabasco AND special saus.

Its not that we don't want these things it's that these could be other options. There could be other servers with these off or on.

How about we all play the same game for a change, instead of scattering around withall the:

• I (do not) want 3rd person.
  • I (do not want) want nametags.
  • I (do not want) want pvp.
  • I want fast zombies.
  • I want slow zombies.

Here they only serve it with pickles, tabasco AND special saus.

How about we all have the option to play as we please, rather than having to play how someone else wants us to? Creating more options to the game would add more play value.

How about we all have the option to play as we please, rather than having to play how someone else wants us to? Creating more options to the game would add more play value.

Exactly.

Ultimately we will play as the devs please or find another game.

The argument "Well you just don't have to play on PvE servers, it's optional!" is bogus. As I've stated earlier in this thread, and has others have pointed out, isn't it painfully obvious that PvE wouldn't/couldn't be a simple "lol pvp flag off!" mode? The game wouldn't work AT ALL with such a simple toggle. Everyone would hit end-game gear their first day in game, get bored, and quit.

wrong, ive been playing for 2 solid weeks ive seen maybe 2% of the map and still have a Enfield.. and im happy to have it..

just cuz you might finish the game in 1 day doesnt mean everyone else will..

ur opinion means nothing more then anyone elses.. not more not less..

• Like 1

So how about we focus on what DayZ is, instead of what it isn't?

What DayZ is, is an ALPHA mod. Alpha, meaning not feature complete (that would be Beta). Thus, "what it is" is not finalized yet.

• Like 1

Who pay decide?

You never paid taxes did you?

Example from ass, you pay for what you want so you decide what you want. Its like buying a car, and dude say: "we have only green one, take it or get lost". I rather like to buy in color i want to even if i must wait for it.

• Like 1

"when it was a free mod yes.. agreed..

but now that its headed for a primetime retail release.. i think you'll find hes no longer the final link in the chain of command..

NO business goes out to release a product that appeals to a smaller market then it could.. "

Well im pretty certain Rocket means to keep to his vision despite what your misplaced certainty.

Time will prove you wrong im sure.

He is in a unique position , his hardcore unforgiving pvp game has already made BI millions. And has guaranteed sales approaching or even surpassing those figures. Rocket had the leverage to get the deal he wanted, especially as he had generous offers from other sources. All of this is a bonus for BI, money and success they wouldn't have had without Dayz , expect a product true to Rockets vision.

• Like 2

So why is there a suggestion box if they are going to create it how they want. They might be an idea that they like that they could Incorporate. This suggestions forum is about people coming up with new ideas.

but now that its headed for a primetime retail release.. i think you'll find hes no longer the final link in the chain of command..

NO business goes out to release a product that appeals to a smaller market then it could.. "

Well im pretty certain Rocket means to keep to his vision despite what your misplaced certainty.

He is in a unique position , his hardcore unforgiving pvp game has already made BI millions. And has guaranteed sales approaching or even surpassing those figures. Rocket had the leverage to get the deal he wanted, especially as he had generous offers from other sources. All of this is a bonus for BI, money and success they wouldn't have had without Dayz , expect a product true to Rockets vision.

If anything, i want it to be even worse. I want every player to cry of pain with me :D

This is true. Just seems smarter to have more options.

• Like 1

yea cuz im sure Rocket hates money..

i'd bet the farm that when push comes to shove this standalone caters to the largest possible player pool possible,..

but feel free to keep dreaming that retail will mean a game that appeals to a couple of hundred hardcore players instead of millions and millions of casuals..

So why is there a suggestion box if they are going to create it how they want. They might be an idea that they like that they could Incorporate. This suggestions forum is about people coming up with new ideas.

Because they can't think of everything, they are humans. Sometimes I talk with friends about what i'm working on, they throw me an idea about my current project and i'm smacking my head "why did i not think of that? this is perfect to solve my problem!"

This is what suggestion forums are for., so they can type "Zombie AI" or "Melee weapon" in the search box and get drowned in bits and pieces of ideas that will eventually help solve a problem, or give them a genius idea.

There is also a very important thing:

Gamers are not designers, they don't know what is fun. They know what they think is cool or what would be useful to them, but in general they lack the experience and a "global view" of the project to be able to figure out mechanics that would make the game better.

Don't take this as a free jab at players, i'm simply saying that playing games doesn't make you a good game designer.

Edited by Lady Kyrah

I truly hope Strategos is right. I think a large reason for the popularity is because it's been a LONG time since there was an online game where you had a chance to actually lose something while playing it, and might not get the opportunity to see and do everything the game has available.

Yup! I don't care enough to look, but I bet within the first day of the mod being available, somebody posted 'It sure would be nice to have a PvE option.' The reply was No. Can we move on now?

Because they can't think of everything, they are humans. Sometimes I talk with friends about what i'm working on, they throw me an idea about my current project and i'm smacking my head "why did i not think of that? this is perfect to solve my problem!"

This is what suggestion forums are for.

So you just said what i just said. Suggestion forum is for ideas. Game changing, maybe, but unlikely.

This is what suggestion forums are for.

I dont see that you are part of Dev team so why you answer for them? If they dont interest in this suggestion they dont use it.

The issue is not PvE versus PvP.

It's survival game-style versus deathmatch game-style.

Survival still requires some PvP, but at a low rate, since survivalists are much more into co-op.

The problem is that if both styles are on the same server, the deathmatchers spoil it for the survivalists.

But the opposite isn't true; nothing the survivalists do spoils the game for the deathmatchers.

In fact the survivalists just give the deathmatchers easy cannon fodder.

If the survivalists all left to play on a separate server, the deathmatchers wouldn't have any easy targets any more.

That's why they bitch and moan about having separate game-play on separate servers.

Edited by Anti
  • Like 2

I truly hope Strategos is right. I think a large reason for the popularity is because it's been a LONG time since there was an online game where you had a chance to actually lose something while playing it, and might not get the opportunity to see and do everything the game has available.

Yup! I don't care enough to look, but I bet within the first day of the mod being available, somebody posted 'It sure would be nice to have a PvE option.' The reply was No. Can we move on now?

This is about the stand alone game not the mod.

• Like 1

The issue is not PvE versus PvP.

It's survival game-style versus deathmatch game-style.

Survival still requires some PvP, but at a low rate, since survivalists are much more into co-op.

The problem is that if both styles are on the same server, the deathmatchers spoil it for the survivalists.

But the opposite isn't true; nothing the survivalists do spoil the game for the deathmatchers.

In fact the survivalists just give the deathmatchers easy cannon fodder.

If the survivalists all left to play on a separate server, the deathmatchers wouldn't have any easy targets any more.

That's why they bitch and moan about having separate game-play on separate servers.

100% hit nail on head..

most PVP players that bitch about PVE options simply want lambs to the slaughter easy kills.. if they truely wanted quality PVP competition they would gladly be rid of the carebears, who either never pvp or lrn2ply then return to pvp later..

but in my experience its the opposite PVP love to greif plain n simple.

• Like 1

100% hit nail on head..

most PVP players that bitch about PVE options simply want lambs to the slaughter easy kills.. if they truely wanted quality PVP competition they would gladly be rid of the carebears, who either never pvp or lrn2ply then return to pvp later..

but in my experience its the opposite PVP love to greif plain n simple.

Exactly. PVP players moan about their easy targets leaving. So then they'll have to play against experienced players.

• Like 1