Sign in to follow this  
verius (DayZ)

Standalone Dayz???

So i just read this on rockpapershotgun and am confused.

http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/post/28904791570/the-end-of-the-beginning

So looks like this is going standalone and the mod will continue as a "beta" platform for the standalone game. I am sure a lot of people will have the same questions as me. But in the post is says "fast iterations with the community alpha available for a heavily discounted price." So that means arma 2 CO will be cheap now so people can play the mod and the standalone will be full price? Or does that mean you don't need to pay for arma 2 CO anymore to play dayz alpha?

I guess we will have to wait and see what happens. I hope the people that are playing the "alpha" get some kind of break on getting the standalone or i see a lot of people just saying f that and leaving.

*soapbox*

For all the people that say.. oh you paid for arma 2 CO and not for dayz... I understand that logic. However there are a lot of people that play dayz that never played arma 2 co and would never have played arma 2 co if it were not for dayz. I guess that means dayz is something that people want and is good it gets the standalone treatment. Just doesn't change the fact that this "mod" has sold more copies of arma 2 then anything else i can think of.

*soapbox*

What do you all think of Dayz going standalone?

I'd say put yer helmet on son, expect some incoming.

Lol yeah i know people are going to rage like always, But really i am asking a legit question. What do you all think about a standalone Dayz? Do you think it will be good, or bad or don't care?

They are probably talking about the alpha of the actual standalone game. Not the first time someone does a "pre-order NOW! Get 30% off and access to the alpha and beta!"

I also only bought the game to play DayZ, but i am willing to pay full price for a stand-alone version because it gives the developers a chance to bring in much more content, work out bugs, weed out hackers, and put the game in a real positive direction. I feel the mod was worth the 25 dollars I payed for arma just to get a taste of what it was.

Just got into DayZ a few weeks ago and do not plan to buy the standalone version. Its lame that we have basically brought Rocket all of his fans in the mod community and now he is turning his back on us to start a brand new one. Rocket will have pretty much full control of the ptoject so we can expect to have drm and hardcore locking down of all aspects of the game. If you dont like the rules then thats just too bad.

Edited by TarantulaFudge

Development and updates of the mod will continue in parallel with the development of the game, so anyone who is playing the mod now will be able to continue to do so.

You are obviously gonna have to pay for the Dayz standalone nothing else will happen in regard too price of other games ^^. I can't understand why people are but hurt over that? Rocket have hinted at a price of something like 15-20 USD or EURO (cant remember which) and that is a rather low price for a game anyway. This is one of the few games I can honestly say I wouldn't mind paying a lot for, I mean the fucking brilliance in this game is just retarded. I'm really exited about today's announcement and I can't wait to get my hands on the alpha/beta of the standalone! :D

Just got into DayZ a few weeks ago and do not plan to buy the standalone version. Its lame that we have basically brought Rocket all of his fans in the mod community and now he is turning his back on us to start a brand new one. Rocket will have pretty much full control of the ptoject so we can expect to have drm and hardcore locking down of all aspects of the game. If you dont like the rules then thats just too bad.

Maybe someone will come out with another mod for all of the 'stranded' ArmA2 players.