Decomp

US958 Notice and KUDOS!

Not sure if this is the right place to post, but it seemed appropriate.

First off, I'd like to thank Twyst and his buddies for giving my squad a great little skirmish yesterday on US958. It's refreshing to run into people that fight and don't ALT F4. By the time the dust settled and everyone scattered 2 people had died and 2 vehicles were burning wrecks.

Me and my buddy were rolling along the coastline on our ATVS when we ran into your group coming at us head on with your Van and Bus - my friend didn't stop in a very opportune place and he got killed rather quick. I managed to spin a 360 - head up the road and pull away far enough to hit the treeline and line up my sniper rifle and call for backup. The rest is history.

If people are looking for good fights, I can vouch for atleast our two groups that are currently going at it on US958. It was an intense 30 minute engagement and I hope for many more in the future.

Kudos!

• Like 1

I like reading a post like this, however I just think some kiddie is going to mass kill your server next...

It's all part of our quest for survival - not to mention they get bored and leave rather quickly.

Hell, last week we had a hacker light the entire south coast on fire. Cities included, was pretty epic LOL

Edited by Decomp

It is refreshing to get into a firefight and have everyone actually see it through to the end.

It was a fun encounter to be sure. Honestly, we'd just stolen the bus from someone's camp. We figured it was yours and you guys were hunting for it. Stumbled across the van while joy riding the coast. Within like 30 seconds of finding the van I saw your ATVs coming down the road. Two of us in the Bus and one in the Van. Was my idea to park the bus as a shield (since we thought you were looping around from the north) and try and take out Skavik. Then we got greedy and decided we wanted both ATVs. I have no idea how we though 3 people could drive off with 4 vehicles. I hate that I was one of the casualties but we had NO idea where you were after we got Skavik. We figured you had doubled back somewhere but weren't sure and didn't have any L85 goodness with us. I opted to act as bait so that buddies could narrow it down. Was hoping you'd miss when I hopped into the bus. I was wrong. We had absolutely no idea that there was a third. But, that's the price you pay for a prolonged engagement.

Shame about the Van getting exploded in the firefight. My guys barely escaped. Sub 2k blood on each of them as they drove off in the Bus. Rotating drivers as they passed out.

And, glad you like the server. It's actually mine. So, I'll claim some good karma for not being the typical dick admin and restarting/rebooting because I died and lost my kit and some vehicles. ;)

We'll be seeing you guys around, I'm sure.

Was good times. It was actually 4 of us in the end. Although XLNC didn't see any action as we stuck him on the bus watch but right before they took off for the bus, we said screw the bus! Good stuff. Got the heart pumping