Sign in to follow this  
lugaru

Standalone is great news... but can we get the new patch soon?

I'm thrilled to hear about the new standalone... it will open up a bunch of new oportunities and hopefully solve some bugs that are inherent to the Arma 2 engine. I'm even ok with less frequent updates to the mod, so we can get a better standalone sooner.

That said... can get the next patch anytime soon? Those visual artifacts are brutal! Maybe hackers, floor clipping and alt+F4 are permanent, but the new patch problems are getting in the way of our regularly scheduled weekend games.

• Like 7

Yeah the visual artifacts are brutal, I've stopped playing until it's solved. It pretty much makes it unplayable for me, the solutions people have posted on the forums are great! but they usually only work for up to 30 minutes before they are back again.

but with that said, Yay standalone!

• Like 1

ive been tryina talk to jeesh jish.. getu m play some music etc etc

Go into your advanced video options and set video memory to "Default" (Believe that's the option, can't check right now), and it gets rid of them.

Updates for the mod and the standalone progress will be worked on at the same time. Don't worry.

Are they hiring more staff otherwise current progress speed will be halved when they split the team.

Are they hiring more staff otherwise current progress speed will be halved when they split the team.

Hiring more staff also tends to slow things down (read: mythical man month).

I thought rocket said that the hotfix was ready but they are waiting to release it with the new patch. I mean what the hell, people can't see, they can't play and he is sitting on his ass waiting to release it while he could do the hotfix right now and make everyones day better ? Sorry but this makes no sense to me.

Edited by Vipala

Flush command 10 times before artifacts drop to a playable level. 10 minutes later can't see shit again. LOVE THIS GAME.

They've released minor patches before for things like this but two weeks going on now with nothing... it's literally unplayable in the high-traffic areas of the game.

Don't care about the ammo, more features, whatever. 1.7.2.4b with a fix for the artifacts and just work on the rest of the shit for 1.7.2.5 and people can play again.

NOOOOOPE. We're gonna release a full-feature patch in the next forever and until then you can suffer playing blind!

Can't you just wait? Surely you can't expect the world from a "Free" mod and yes i know you spent money to buy ARMA 2 but it comes with an alpha phase mod.

It was was mentioned that it was a target date for patch and that they wanted to work on a full patch, would you rather have another patch with more bugs in?

Yeah, we have been hanging around barns and the edges of cities on a less populated server. I've tried various fixes but they tend to be temporary at best.

Thing is... I could play the game the way it is until the next iteration comes out if they fix glitching. I would PREFER if zombie spawns and awareness got balanced again (getting spotted from a mile away, never ending waves in remote barns).

Updates for the mod and the standalone progress will be worked on at the same time. Don't worry.

The patch was meant to come out last wednesday....

Yeah, the news explains why he would get distracted, kind of a big deal.

Hopefully the next update (dogs?) will come out soon, honestly with the visual glitches out of the way, there will be little that stops us from using Chernarus as our playground.

... that said it was hilarious that one of our "team" had not played in several weeks and he is like "why is the horizon exploding and why does my gun not do any damage?". I'm the only one who is on the forum so I send them bulletins on what each patch changed.

I wish they would of done a hotfix just for the artifact glitches then worked on the next patch, this really makes the game unplayable at the moment. None of the fixes have ever worked for me.