Sign in to follow this  
Archernick

Weapons + Ammo Disappearing Upon Swapping

Whenever I try to swap my weapon, with another, the previous weapon and all ammo associated with it disappear. They are not found on the floor or anywhere.

Here's an example:

Walk into a barn with Winchester + 20 slugs. Zombies spawn and the whole area is infested. Find a crossbow, choose to swap it to kill the ones in the barn and then swap back to my Winchester. Upon swapping Winchester and all ammo are gone from my bag and not found where the crossbow was picked up.

I then tried to pick up my friends MP5 that he dropped and swap the crossbow, which then again, disappears.

He seems to be able to swap weapons fine, I on the other hand seem to "eat" weapons and ammo when swapping. This is for the .4 patch (most up to date).

Date/Time: 25/05/12 00:30 GMT

What happened: Walk into a barn with Winchester + 20 slugs. Zombies spawn and the whole area is infested. Find a crossbow, choose to swap it to kill the ones in the barn and then swap back to my Winchester. Upon swapping, Winchester and all ammo are gone from my bag and not found where the crossbow was picked up.

I then tried to pick up my friends MP5 that he dropped and swap the crossbow, which then again, disappeared.

It would appear I just eat the weapon + ammo in exchange for picking up the new weapon.

Where you were: Staroye

What you were doing: Trying to temporarily swap weapons, with the intention of picking my Winchester back up after using the Crossbow.

Version : 1.5.8.4

This happens to me all the time. Probably about 90% of the time I swap a weapon it does this. On only one occasion has the weapon not gone missing.

Engine bug. Try running the latest ArmA2 Beta

Engine bug. Try running the latest ArmA2 Beta

rocket, could it be a combination of engine bug and database-to-server miscommunication?

Character inventory is managed by the DayZ database right? The behaviour of this bug gives me the impression that the game engine is telling the player's inventory to drop items in order to make room for new ones, but the items do not appear on the ground because the server does not receive the items from the character's inventory in the database.

So the items are dropped (client initiated action) from the character's inventory (DayZ database) but not received by the server (loot pile in front of player). Obviously I don't know how these communications actually occur, but even if they are totally different, maybe this way of looking at it will shed some light on other possible causes.

I experienced this today:

I had a CZ and 5 clips when I found an AK and 3 clips for it. I had enough room in my pack for the AK and its ammo. I equipped the AK from my pack, which moved its 3 clips to my main inventory and one CZ clip disappeared. After acquiring some more loot during a raid, I swapped to CZ and back to AK and discovered that the process had caused one clip for each to vanish.

The solution to this example would be to stop ammo from moving with weapons. But from these other bug reports of entire weapons vanishing, it very much sounds like items tracked in the database are not making it to the game world on the server.

Hope this helps :P

I had this happen to me too. I was going to swap a weapon, then swap back to it, and once I switched the weapon and all of the ammo was gone too. Best thing to do is drop your weapon first, then pick up the new one.

I watched a short YouTube video on looting in Elektro and the guy narrating mentioned that if you try to place a gun into a pack that does not have enough free slots, the game will simply destroy it.... I'm not sure if this also applies to ammo when it changes over, but is this confirmed as the bug that is causing this problem???

Iam running the latest Beta Patch (downloaded yesterday) and i still have this issue.

I had an Enfield + 2 Mags +

2 Stanag 30rnd Mags in my inventory. (I picked up the 2 Stanag mags because a friend told me he found an M4)

I went to the M4 and opend the Gears selection. Then i Dropped the Enfield mags into the Pile. Now i double clicked the M4 to swap it with my Enfield.

I got the M4 + 2 Mags which where on the ground but my Enfield + the 2 extra stanag magazines disappeared.

So out of Enfield + 2 Mags and M4 + 4 Magazines i ended up with:

2 Enfield mags on the ground (those i dropped manually) and the M4 + 2 Mags (which where on the ground before)

I had enough inventory space to hold all magazines.