Sign in to follow this  
WiredUp4Fun

Hacking solution - 2 Server Types

It seems that DayZ is having hacker problems where players have access to all inventory items and teleporting.

I thought to have 2 server options for DayZ, not unlike minecraft (creative and survival).

One where you can choose a loadout of weapons, items, vehicles and jump straight in, thus mitigating the main purpose of hacking DayZ. This could include a levelling option similar to Battlefield or CoD, those with more experience unlock more loadout options.

The second server option would be the typical survival game, collecting resources, etc, i.e. what is already in place.

I realise having the loadout server may defeat the purpose of DayZ, but then so does hacking. This option may help the hacking problem, and will also in turn increase the player base, applicable for those that do not have the patience to collect things from the ground up (even though they don't know what they are missing out on).

A concerned player...

Wired

Hmmmm..... So now they should separate databases. So guy that get loads of weapons, won't come to survival and start shooting to every1. That's bad idea either. DayZ is to survive, if they like to shoot they have BF3, CoD. So in short: NO !

They hack weapons in because they need the advantage or just want to ruin another persons game. They would just go to the server where hacking is forbidden and hack there. There would be no gain for them if everyone could just get what they wanted.

They hack weapons in because they need the advantage or just want to ruin another persons game. They would just go to the server where hacking is forbidden and hack there. There would be no gain for them if everyone could just get what they wanted.

My point exactly.

Looks as if you are in need of an Anticheat add-on, auto-kicks players with detected hacks.