Sign in to follow this  
Falcorn (DayZ)

SVD Camo

Is this worth anything to people? If this is good, does anyone want to trade it for something lesser as I tend to die pretty often.

The SVD Camo is not a bad weapon, it has a good scope if you know how to handle it (not as precise as the mildots but much much faster), also it has a grass camo, combined with a ghillie you are pretty much a ghost. Compared to other sniper rifles i'd say it is on the overall scale on the same level as the DMR. The problem that the SVD has is the rare ammo, also if you don't know how to handle it, the scope is a bit weird.

Edited by SGM. Skyfox

I don't know why people want sniper rifles like SVD, M107, As50....

The DMR is the best sniper in the game in my opinion. It is the only sniper that you can use with NVG's, the fire rate is insane, ammo is everywhere....

The only down side is that it has no zeroing, but who the hell cares when you learn how to use it? The middle dot is 300m, every other dot is 100m (tested), so it is very easy to adjust.

Edited by Tegla

Have to agree with Tegla on this one, the DMR is probably the best all round sniper rifle. Never even seen an SVD camo till a few days ago me and a few friends found a player camp after fixing a heli, stole the ural and it had over 12 SVD's in the gear lol. Our group usually takes one M107 incase we see a vehicle which we need to disable, and the sheer damage at long ranges is a bonus if your not really skilled in sniping is a plus for the .50 cal's. But if your a good shot then the DMR is probably the best weapon, accurate, can use NVG's with the scope, ammo is plentyful, oh and you can fire the damn thing like a machinegun in close combat lol.

I don't know why people want sniper rifles like SVD, M107, As50....

The DMR is the best sniper in the game in my opinion. It is the only sniper that you can use with NVG's, the fire rate is insane, ammo is everywhere....

The only down side is that it has no zeroing, but who the hell cares when you learn how to use it? The middle dot is 300m, every other dot is 100m (tested), so it is very easy to adjust.

Agreed, I also prefer DMR to the .50's and SVD but the real downside in using DMR is that it's not a 1hit-kill unless you get them in the head. That basically means you will need to shoot twice in extremely rapid succession to kill a player or watch him Alt+F4 after the first bullet hits. This can get you in trouble because its notable easier at least for me to locate a sniper who shoots twice and not once. Also you can't set the zeroing yourself.

I havn't tested the DMR that much so I don't know just how accurate it is.

I did however test the SVD quite extensively and found it was dead accurate up to 1100m or so.

DMR/SVD takes two shots to kill. The DMR/SVD has no zeroing. The DMR/SVD has more drop. The DMR/SVD has more time-to-target. The SVD has rarer ammunition.

The AS50 is better.

The SVD is more accurate than the DMR, and the DMR has NVG capability.

Edited by Solace