Sign in to follow this  
aksuduud

Deadlier zombies to discourage deathmatching?

FIrst of all im a noob in dayz, i have played only for an hour or so. But reading the forums i get the idea that dayz has devolved into a deathmatch in a zombie environment, so what if zombies were deadlier? As in better senses and more numerous, so you actually have to beware them and not just leisurely walk past them, then you couldnt just ignore the zombies and go kill players.

• Like 5

I must admit in recent patches it seems theres less and less threat from zombies. Now they just seem like an inconvenience. Early releases where zombies never stopped chasing you did make them more of a threat, also the “mistake” patch that added loads of them (I remember seeing 1100+ on one server!) also did make them more of a threat.

I think if they stay as “soft” as they are and you’re able to lose them easily - which I do think should remain in the game as that’s what zombies are all about essentially, on their own they are weak and not much of a threat, the threat comes from their numbers and tenacious efforts to peruse you the survivor. Therefor for me there needs to be a lot more of them. I appreciate having more is harder to do technically but even having more spawns out in the wilderness would probably help and maybe tweak how easily it is to lose them.

• Like 1

I just think zombies need to be doubled or tripled in amount..simple as that

• Like 1

I just think zombies need to be doubled or tripled in amount..simple as that

Yeah, lets fuck up the fps some more

I would like to see them hoard together more. If you start making noise in one spot more keep coming...and coming. Sort of like dawn of the dead at the shopping mall. I enjoy the player interaction more than the zombie combat, which makes this game unique from other zombie games.

triple them, but make them jogging, and investigate gun shots and noises, not insta aggro.

maybe even spawn some random zombies in vicinity (not anyones direct LoS) of high powered gun play.

If they were little slower, but much more of them, I think they would still make a threat to be reckon with.

Lowerer your graphical settings? if they are already on the lowest and you have fps issues then its time for a upgrade... BRING ON MORE ZOMBIES

Lowerer your graphical settings? if they are already on the lowest and you have fps issues then its time for a upgrade... BRING ON MORE ZOMBIES

GPU: Amd radeon hd 6990

Processor: i5-760

RAM: 8gb

Nuff said?

Now fix the fps

I appreciate that.

Not everyone has a gaming rig that can run...Crysis for example on insane settings...

But I think more of them need to be added...max I have seen on a server is about 700? this should be 1000 minimum.

For super realistic I would like to see thousands of zombies at Cherno and bigger cities.

Who knows what the future may hold O.O

• Like 2

i have ran the game with no fps issues on a less pc. make sure your drivers are up to date.

Yeah, but low fps is mostly server side issue. BRING ON MORE BRAIN.

I remember back in patch 1.5.7, when zombies were actually enough of a threat that players weren't nearly as trigger happy around each other, especially in towns.

Although the almost continuous spawn rate of 1.5.7 was bad, the sheer number of zeds made it quite a challenge to get around safely.

With the current surplus of ammo caused by the (almost) infinite ammo bug, I think zombie health could easily be doubled at this point.

I appreciate that.

Not everyone has a gaming rig that can run...Crysis for example on insane settings...

But I think more of them need to be added...max I have seen on a server is about 700? this should be 1000 minimum.

For super realistic I would like to see thousands of zombies at Cherno and bigger cities.

Who knows what the future may hold O.O

I run battlefield 3 on the highest setting possible but i get 8 fps when running inside a town in a arma 2 game? Explain.

Like i Said in my post, there has been many many more zombies in previous version s of the game and to be honest with you there wasnt too much of a problem, well not for me anyway and I'm only playing just above basic spec.

I run battlefield 3 on the highest setting possible but i get 8 fps when running inside a town in a arma 2 game? Explain.

I run a dual core with 4gb ram that just about plays BF3 on basic settings and I rarely dropped below 35fps when there was servers with 700+ zombies on them.

Check your system maybe? The game is buggy and laggy at times but that doesnt sound right to me mate.

Edited by Box

If increased zombie amount is not possible then increasing their health would give the same result, but it would be very annoying to pump a magazine of bullets into a single zombie. I dont think sacrificing some graphics is a tough price if it allows better gameplay.

Yea, take zeds out of the game, sinco nobody cares of them, and the mayoer part of this game is pvp, so we can get better fps.

You fanboys (of an alpha game) are ridicolus